2 3 4 5 6
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/22/18 7:09 p.m.

prime rib roast, homemade jus,  roasted carrots, parsnips, and turnips. There was broccolini but it was slimy and gross. Not pictured,  cranberry rum punch and panettone bread pudding. Happy Thanksgiving yall. 

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
11/22/18 9:11 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Nice looking forward to trying this.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/23/18 6:32 a.m.
84FSP said:

In reply to Mndsm :

Nice looking forward to trying this.

Chowders and cream base soups are shockingly easy once you master the whole roux/mirepoix thing. Really simple- and roux starts damn near anything. Made lobster gumbo one night and the process right up to gumbo seasoning was identical- except green pepper, not carrot. 

Fat+flour+veg=win 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
11/23/18 8:00 p.m.

Video (not mine):

"Japanese style" fried rice

Black mac & cheese.  Extra bonus because not only is the kitchen awesome, and the presentation awesome, but you can practically hear Barry White during the slow-mo part when he's frying the chicken in the wok.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/23/18 9:47 p.m.

knocked about 2 inches off the other half of that prime rib. Under the broiler for about 9min, then for a 90sec flip and sear in a hot pan with brown butter, salt, pepper, rosemary. I would do garlic but I am a bit sensitive to it. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/5/19 8:28 p.m.

barbecue chicken bacon pizza with Wisconsin cheese curds. 

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
4/6/19 1:36 p.m.

ancho chili and hot chili powder rubbed veggie burger with Jack cheese on bruleed sourdough.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/7/19 6:51 p.m.

mac and cheese and cut up hot dogs, fancy style. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
4/7/19 6:56 p.m.

Okay, now that embedding is fixed.

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
4/7/19 8:18 p.m.

candied ham and BBQ sauce upon the veggie burger this evening to make a quite enjoyable courdon

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/21/19 7:11 p.m.

white sharp cheddar cheese biscuit waffles, ham gravy, egg fried jalapeno pieces. Dinner , breakfast, and a heart attack all in one!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/29/19 6:27 p.m.

Mexican inspired pork loin stew. Pork marinated in lime, Adobo, paprika, and...I dont know what else. I forgot. Base made from chorizo, onion, green and jalepeno pepper, chicken stock. Added pinto beans, roasted poblanos. Fried a slab of queso fresco in the non stick and stuck it on top because fat kid. Washing it down with a bear gully reserve Kentucky mule. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/6/19 6:01 p.m.

mndsm's mystery drink. 

1.5 oz gin- I used st Augustine, you do you. 

1oz simple syrup.

3oz grapefruit juice. 

Shake with ice and 1 basil. 

Pour over ice in tall glass, top with tonic, grapefruit and more basil. Summer like a boss. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
6/29/19 7:25 p.m.

Butter.  Onion.  Pierogie.

(Pierogie courtesy Lang's in North Royalton, Ohio)

johndej
johndej HalfDork
6/29/19 7:29 p.m.

First time smoking meat, pork butt practice for a party on the 4th.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/29/19 8:01 p.m.

In reply to johndej :

Bge? Komodo? 

johndej
johndej HalfDork
6/29/19 8:55 p.m.
Mndsm said:

In reply to johndej :

Bge? Komodo? 

BGE, got an absolute steal on it from a local University Dean retiring and moving to Florida. Very interesting woman who has lived all over the world. Went back just to chat with her, husband, and son later as they were leaving.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/29/19 8:59 p.m.
johndej said:
Mndsm said:

In reply to johndej :

Bge? Komodo? 

BGE, got an absolute steal on it from a local University Dean retiring and moving to Florida. Very interesting woman who has lived all over the world. Went back just to chat with her, husband, and son later as they were leaving.

Weird. I sell most of mine to retirees in Florida. 

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
6/30/19 9:01 a.m.

Softened butter, ancho chili, sea salt, old Bay, cast iron flat plate. It's a game changer. 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
6/30/19 9:47 a.m.

Leg quarters brined in Oakridge Game Changer then seasoned with their Secret Weapon rub. Mine had their Habenero Death Dust as well.

Might have been the perfect storm of chicken.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
6/30/19 3:27 p.m.

Today it's baby backs with bleu and cream cheese filled poppers.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/30/19 3:35 p.m.

I now own a deep fryer. Be afraid. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
6/30/19 3:38 p.m.
Mndsm said:

When one of my friends got one, we deep fried some microwave chimichangas.

A chimichanga is a deep fried burrito.  Deep frying something that was deep fried is xzibitlicious.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/30/19 3:59 p.m.
Knurled. said:
Mndsm said:

When one of my friends got one, we deep fried some microwave chimichangas.

A chimichanga is a deep fried burrito.  Deep frying something that was deep fried is xzibitlicious.

I know.... and I plan to. Tonight is beer batter bacon sausage and cheese curds, with roasted carrots. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/2/19 6:53 p.m.

Nashville hot chicken tenders, can biscuit. Chicken and sauce are scratch made. 

2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
K5Y60xiN45koxc08mb626AqV10l9rkWAwXS9fJBVpOAyoBi4l6DAGaWAEKVKWbC1