1 2 3 4
dollraves
dollraves Reader
6/21/11 10:35 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: Maggie gnawing some kind of bone we found at the pet store. She's adopted from SWMBO's "shallow" sister that was going to throw her away. Any of y'all with Beagles have any advice for their separation anxiety? In the past, I've always had retrievers of one sort or another, and this stuff is new to me.

I had a Beagle/Dalmation mix named Peanut and a full grown cat when I brought Pooka home as a kitten. Pooka and Peanut bonded beautifully and the dog had someone to mother and fuss over when we were gone.

That's about all the help I am, sadly.

Luke
Luke SuperDork
6/22/11 1:33 a.m.

Frankie as a kitten. He's since become huge, and fluffy.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
8/3/19 7:52 a.m.

Zombie revival since I couldn’t find a newer thread.   This is Bella, 6yo Pit.  We got her a few weeks ago after her owner died and none of his relatives could take her.  She’s 73 lbs of sweetness.  Original owner, came with all paperwork since new, LOL.

TJL
TJL Reader
8/3/19 8:40 a.m.

We have the black cat Tina and the one that looks like every stray cat, Gene! Yes named after the kids on bobs burgers. Tina was a tiny kitten that crawled up to my wife at the office mailbox, she’d have never survived in the wild. Got her so young she didnt really know how to “cat” normally until gene came along. Gene was a adoption that had clearly been abused as a kitten. Probably by someone who looks like me(NOT me!). Took him a LONG time to not run like crazy when i was around. But hes pretty much past that now and likes to snuggle when hes not running around crazy. 

slowbird
slowbird Reader
8/3/19 9:08 a.m.

Here's my cat Mushy. She likes laying around, looking out windows, and treats.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
8/3/19 10:40 a.m.

Fox likes to sneak up on strax while he naps. I've never seen a cat less scared of dogs. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/3/19 12:06 p.m.

Not real furry, but Stella loves hanging out in the garage and driveway.  (especially if there's BBQ)

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/3/19 6:41 p.m.

cheese sandwich,  and pastrami on rye. 

Floating Doc
Floating Doc SuperDork
8/3/19 7:13 p.m.

Sweetie Slasher. Wishing I would turn on the treadmill.

She'll also sit for a treat. 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
8/3/19 8:26 p.m.

And of course maci (the dog) and Kiera (our giant loaf of a cat)

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
8/3/19 10:44 p.m.

Garvey on the left and Sparky Ned on the right.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
8/4/19 6:18 a.m.

Not "mine", she lives at EvanB's house, but she's all up in my business any time I am over there.

wae
wae SuperDork
8/4/19 6:42 a.m.

Dozer is on top - 90ish pound 1yr old mastiff/boxer mix that came from the shelter with free parvo.  He has two modes: dozing and bulldozing.

Merlin is less happy about those circumstances - 1yr old English Shepard that came from a rescue event.  It wasn't until after everything was signed and done that they told us he was a purebred with papers.  He's a hairy wizzard. 

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
8/4/19 6:55 a.m.

Clover, the cowl-induction cat:

Clover and her sister Charlotte "Charlie."  Pure Bred South Carolina Barn Cats...transplanted to Missouri.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
8/4/19 7:54 a.m.

In reply to ClemSparks :

Cowl induction cat +5 hairspower 

Toebra
Toebra Dork
8/4/19 7:58 a.m.

2 months old

Two years old, brown one is the same size

TJL
TJL Reader
8/4/19 9:18 a.m.

And we have Genie Beany getting comfy on my sons backpack. 

bluej
bluej UberDork
8/4/19 10:56 a.m.

Sunny is pleased with current conditions. Which is crazy w/ the heat and all that fluff.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
8/4/19 11:48 a.m.

Our boy Cooper enjoying hes new truck. 80lb pit mix rescue.

And the last time he was on the boat, before he decided he didnt like boating:

He's 6 now. Hes always been my dog but lately hes started growling at SWMBO sometimes when she gets him. Its troubling. 

Toebra
Toebra Dork
8/4/19 7:45 p.m.

You need to quash that behavior right away.  Maybe he is thinking he is above her in the pecking order.  That striped 140# behemoth pictured above gets a little barky sometimes, but nothing aggressive

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
8/4/19 8:28 p.m.

Jake sleeping.  He’s about to turn 13.

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
8/4/19 9:16 p.m.

As I read this, here is Asti.  

After having two cats for many years, we are enjoying the single cat lifestyle.  It helps that this one is pretty great, and going strong at what we think is around 11 years old, but who knows as she was a rescue  

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
8/4/19 10:41 p.m.

What a doofus.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
8/4/19 10:47 p.m.

And with our other one.

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
8/5/19 1:54 a.m.

We have Bengals. We therefore are constantly entertained, and we keep our backs to the wall at all times.... Drax (yes, the Destroyer) and Zoe.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RBryxEm9bzEYOsFcz1XBQpZizrVTuu2KX3CqGYDbuJZKYXFp6ScRZpZJALuct0Js