1 2 3
mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/16/20 9:53 p.m.

Just popped up on my Prime app. Starting it now!

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
12/16/20 10:38 p.m.

Cool!  
Thanks for the heads up, Amazon wasn't even admitting the existance of S4 until I dropped down the 'Season' menu.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
12/16/20 10:58 p.m.

Talk about MFB being a fantastic off-roader . How cheap do they get in 5 years?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa SuperDork
12/17/20 1:51 p.m.

I loved watching the front suspension of the Caterham articulate all over the place.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/17/20 1:59 p.m.

it wasn't out at lunch for me. Regional thing?

mtn (Forum Supporter)
12/17/20 2:16 p.m.

Can't believe that Indiana and Illinois would be in separate release regions. Search for "A Massive Hunt".

It was entertaining. Nothing special though. Same old schtick, but cool to see cars being used not as intended.

Johnboyjjb
Johnboyjjb HalfDork
12/17/20 2:24 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

It was entertaining. Nothing special though. Same old schtick, but cool to see cars being used not as intended.

Perhaps an even less than same old shtick. Felt that the mud puddles and the rock crawling were interesting for about 60 seconds less time than the producers did.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/17/20 2:28 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

Can't believe that Indiana and Illinois would be in separate release regions. Search for "A Massive Hunt".

No, I saw the ad and trailer, no episode. That's OK, I've already watched all 3 expanse episodes so I'm good.

EDIT: IT's showing on the work computer. I wonder if it's an issue with the firestick? No idea.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
12/17/20 2:34 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

I found it on prime and all it would play was the trailer. I had to do some digging to find the actual show. I watched about half last night before turning in. Entertaining. That new bridge/highway they were on is amazing. Until that was built the most expensive road/mile was the stretch just south of me on I15 through the Virgin River Gorge. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
12/17/20 3:03 p.m.

Haven't seen it yet, but I assume it's not as good as it used to be because Top Gear was never as good as it used to be, ever. According to car guys on the internet, Top Gear must have peaked in the first 30s of the first episode and went downhill from there.

I'm looking forward to it.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
12/17/20 4:26 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Haven't seen it yet, but I assume it's not as good as it used to be because Top Gear was never as good as it used to be, ever. According to car guys on the internet, Top Gear must have peaked in the first 30s of the first episode and went downhill from there.

I'm looking forward to it.

Its definitely entertaining. I'll watch it again. Not sure where it is in the rankings, other than not in my top 10 list (either program). But some of it is because nothing is new anymore. You know exactly what is going to happen just about every step of the way. And thats ok; I re-watch movies and tv shows all the time.

And FWIW, at least 2 episodes of the current show are in my top 10.

thedoc
thedoc HalfDork
12/17/20 6:24 p.m.

I was worried when it started that they had really lost their mojo.  It then became really fun and amazingly beautiful.  Cannot believe what they put those cars through.  That caterham was unreal.  Clarkson beat the tar out of that bently and it just came back for more.  I wonder how hammond fried the clutch on the focus?  I can't imagine that they didn't start off with a new car. Of all the things that would stop hammond, I didn't think a clutch would be it.  I really enjoyed this compared to the last episode.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' SuperDork
12/17/20 6:52 p.m.

I randomly pulled GT up today intending to watch some previously enjoyed episode and "BAM" sweeeeet new content.

The moment I saw that brand new Bently with a cheap lime green spray job, I knew it would be murdered to death by the end of the show.

Anyway, I closed out my work year today at 2:00 PM and the very first thing I did was to stumble onto this solid new episode...thank you Netflix, thank you GT cast members and support personal, and thank you universe for your elegance (I'm taking this as your way of signaling that the total piece of E36 M3 known as 2020 will soon be a distant image in a GT'esk mud soaked rear view mirror).

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
12/17/20 7:02 p.m.

Tried to watch it tonight . . . got an Amazon error message.  Basically, this is me:

AAUGH! We ditched cable for streaming and, like Charlie Brown, we all got a  rock | ZDNet

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
12/18/20 12:18 a.m.

Okay, that was good fun. Above average special.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa SuperDork
12/18/20 12:45 a.m.

In reply to thedoc :

Considering the pedal went to the floor, I don't think he fried the clutch, I think something snapped or a line was ripped off or some such.

Hell, it had severe suspension problems well before that, who knows what the frame was like by that point.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa SuperDork
12/18/20 12:46 a.m.

Oh, and I was eating dinner when I watched it.  About choked when Clarkson did that thing to the Caterham in the early part of the episode. 

Wife always wants to know why they are so mean to each other. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/18/20 7:00 a.m.

I only got 50 minutes in this morning. I'll get the rest at lunch. So far, great content. 

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
12/18/20 7:19 a.m.
Mr_Asa said:

I loved watching the front suspension of the Caterham articulate all over the place.

One scene it looked like an ant crawling

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) MegaDork
12/18/20 9:06 a.m.

When they made the joke about jumping the shark in 2013 I almost spit water all over. 

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
12/18/20 11:18 a.m.

As someone who isn't on prime, how can I watch these? Do they ever get released on DVD?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa SuperDork
12/18/20 11:58 a.m.

In reply to Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) :

Yo ho me matey! Arrrr!!

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/18/20 7:44 p.m.

I want a locost even more now. 

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo SuperDork
12/19/20 8:54 a.m.

The Bentley was awesome.  I would daily it.  Caterham was not too surprising, basically a sand (mud?) rail.  

The wife and I were having great laughs at the little wheels exploding off the tracks.  Not a glowing endorsement for those items.  

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
12/19/20 9:05 a.m.

That was good. I even take back some of my complaints about Pennsylvania roads, but back roads in the spring time make that RN5 look like the Autobahn.

That caterham was impressive. I really thought James was going to be stuck behind, but I guess there is something to say about lightness.

Now, when does episode 3 come out?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6YRxBEaiXiTPRCQJvlv6Chmua0Ae4QLpdcLWZhmNlInzyaeduJVBCWuTXRm03R68