http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aDwpuWcXzTw

yamaha
yamaha Dork
10/19/12 12:45 p.m.

oldie but classic.......

Sky_Render
Sky_Render HalfDork
10/19/12 1:47 p.m.

Now THAT is a catastrophic failure of idiotic proportions. I love how there were chunks of connecting rod and oil all over the parking lot.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
10/19/12 1:55 p.m.

Naw, he was down at the dealership the next morning screaming about warranty coverage and demanding a rental car.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Dork
10/19/12 3:44 p.m.

Not the first 2.0T Genesis I've seen with a vented block.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
10/19/12 9:21 p.m.

"i was just driving a long when..."

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
10/19/12 9:24 p.m.

I got a bearin' over here

novaderrik
novaderrik UltraDork
10/19/12 11:41 p.m.

i like how he tried to start it after it puked it's guts all over the parking lot...

The0retical
The0retical Reader
10/20/12 2:10 a.m.
fasted58 wrote: I got a bearin' over here

Jeeze catastrophic is an understatement. Liked the smoking con rod though.

Its got room for an LSx now though.

Jay
Jay UltraDork
10/20/12 2:12 a.m.

Since when are parking lot donuts "drifting"?

novaderrik
novaderrik UltraDork
10/20/12 9:03 a.m.
Jay wrote: Since when are parking lot donuts "drifting"?

since Youtube

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku SuperDork
10/20/12 11:08 a.m.

never saw that video before. So much LOL!!

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
10/20/12 4:27 p.m.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/bar/3277278009.html for when it shows on ebay

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
10/20/12 5:41 p.m.
novaderrik wrote: i like how he tried to start it after it puked it's guts all over the parking lot...

Just your typical cartard at your local Saturday night car meet in Anytown USA. I was young and car stupid once.

dean1484
dean1484 UltraDork
10/20/12 10:50 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsVFXA6fB9o&feature=related

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
10/21/12 12:59 p.m.

How exactly is this hard on the engine anyway? It seems like it is just some low load (not to much to keep a spinning tire spinning) high rpms. Certainly less stress then long full throttle run up a hill. Of course, doing that on a cold engine might be a bad thing.

Tossing a rod like that would seem to imply some sort of severe oil starvation.

corytate
corytate Dork
10/21/12 1:09 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsVFXA6fB9o&feature=related

Title: EG Hatch, needs engine, light fire damage $2000 or Trade

EG Hatch, needs engine, perfect for swap!
Light fire damage, probably needs new front tires, other than that car is MINT!
As always, CASHIS KING, also looking to trade for EF si, EP3 si, s13, s14, or Ruckus + Cash on top.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UberDork
10/21/12 3:36 p.m.
aircooled wrote: How exactly is this hard on the engine anyway? It seems like it is just some low load (not to much to keep a spinning tire spinning) high rpms. Certainly less stress then long full throttle run up a hill.

That's what I was thinking. With all the electronic controls on late model cars, unless those motors are junk, how can that possibly happen?

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
10/21/12 5:39 p.m.

Vtec just kicked in yo!!!!

novaderrik
novaderrik UltraDork
10/21/12 7:03 p.m.
aircooled wrote: How exactly is this hard on the engine anyway? It seems like it is just some low load (not to much to keep a spinning tire spinning) high rpms. Certainly less stress then long full throttle run up a hill. Of course, doing that on a cold engine might be a bad thing. Tossing a rod like that would seem to imply some sort of severe oil starvation.

maybe the owner is one of those idiots that spends all his money on neon lights and bumping stereo systems and doesn't know how to check the oil...

Double_Wishbone
Double_Wishbone New Reader
10/21/12 7:43 p.m.
novaderrik wrote:
aircooled wrote: How exactly is this hard on the engine anyway? It seems like it is just some low load (not to much to keep a spinning tire spinning) high rpms. Certainly less stress then long full throttle run up a hill. Of course, doing that on a cold engine might be a bad thing. Tossing a rod like that would seem to imply some sort of severe oil starvation.
maybe the owner is one of those idiots that spends all his money on neon lights and bumping stereo systems and doesn't know how to check the oil...

This was my thought. There's probably not much more oil than what's now on the parking lot.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH PowerDork
10/22/12 7:06 a.m.

A little '80s Peugeot hatch did this right in front of me on the way to work this morning, crawling in traffic. It was spectacular.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DJH42RdsZRgKqNFjKT0EgzaQ3UtK95nTCS4B3DUtoi2juTzu8tMD6inmbKRuyazT