1 2
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/27/18 7:55 a.m.

My roommate smokes dope. A lot. I don't. Its her house, so I don't feel right asking her to take it outside. My clothes are starting to smell. An easy solution would be to wash more often. But washing a wool coat or hockey sweater isn't easy. I've begun taking in all my things and jamming them up in my room and it's still getting in.

Is there a simple or cheap way to combat this? Are ozone generators cheap enough? Sented candles?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
4/27/18 7:58 a.m.

Stoners usually use Febreze, that's all I got cheeky

Maybe put clothes that are folded/stored in a sealed container? Maybe in one of those folding tent-closets in a garage or basement?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/27/18 7:59 a.m.

Suggest she try edibles?

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/27/18 8:11 a.m.

Store things in your room. Throw some cedar bags in there. Put them in plastic rubbermade containers.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/27/18 8:12 a.m.

BTW, as someone who is 420 friendly, but I don't partake myself only because of possible employment complications, I find it very rude to be doing that inside--even if she owns the house. That is what a porch, garage, or bathroom (with fan on) are for.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
4/27/18 8:18 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I made pot butter once so I could make edibles with it, and that process stunk up the whole house for days. Hubby was not pleased lol.

yupididit
yupididit SuperDork
4/27/18 8:22 a.m.

Without trying to perpetuate a stereotype; I had this same problem whenever my momma made fried chicken when I was growing up! LMAO

Try an air purifier in your room and keep your clothes in there.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/27/18 8:23 a.m.

Your Momma made fried chicken that smelled like weed??

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
4/27/18 8:27 a.m.

LOL - the ozone generators with the cleanable ceramic plates in them really work.  Have used them for pet odor troubles rather than the 420 variety though.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
4/27/18 8:27 a.m.

LOL - the ozone generators with the cleanable ceramic plates in them really work.  Have used them for pet odor troubles rather than the 420 variety though.

The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
4/27/18 8:44 a.m.
84FSP said:

Coupled with Febreze or a healthy dose of Axe body spray it covers it up ok. A cedar block might help too if you drop one in a tub with the coat and sweaters.

Then I'd buy her a vaporizer.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
4/27/18 8:52 a.m.

Move. 

It's the only way to be sure.

Future conversation with your boss: 

Boss:  Dude, you smell like weed.

You:  Yeah, I don't smoke, but my roommate smokes a lot.  And it's her house.

Boss:  Piss in this cup.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
4/27/18 9:08 a.m.

New girlfriend.  It will be now or later, so get it over with now.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
4/27/18 9:10 a.m.

I'm afraid I'd have to agree with AngryCorvair.

RevRico
RevRico UltraDork
4/27/18 9:16 a.m.

I'm going to have to agree with angry corvair. 

As someone whose lived on weed farms, even if YOU don't smell it anymore, others will. Garment bags for stuff you don't wear often/seasonal clothes will help, but everything else is just creating a layered scent, not getting rid of it.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/27/18 9:24 a.m.

I'm not worried about the boss. Boss is a friend who kows the roommate and knows the gratuitous amounts if dope being smoked. I'm also concerned about...everything eventuallyreeking of weed.

hobiercr
hobiercr SuperDork
4/27/18 9:32 a.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

Two words, Magical Butter

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
4/27/18 10:01 a.m.

As long as the house uses central cooling and/or heating you are fighting a loosing battle.  Odors get recirculated through the house that way. You can seal you clothes in air-tight containers and use the deodorizers mentioned above, but it will get in everything eventually.

If you don't have a centralized system, then seal your room as tightly as possible - like weather strip the door, treat it like an exterior door. Use a window AC unit that will pull in fresh air. Ventilate to the exterior as much as possible, and still look into an ozone unit and air fresheners.

Be aware, ozone can be unpleasant in direct contact, and triggers asthma and breathing issues for some people.

Jumper K Balls
Jumper K Balls PowerDork
4/27/18 10:08 a.m.
GameboyRMH said:

Stoners usually use Febreze, that's all I got cheeky

Perhaps this is locale dependent but 'round these parts folks use Patchouli wink

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
4/27/18 10:13 a.m.

I thought that was if you wanted to smell MORE like weed...cheeky

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/27/18 11:50 a.m.

Patchouli only smells good to other BO caked hippys.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
4/27/18 11:51 a.m.

Been in law enforcement for about 27 years now.  Every few years we get a bulletin about something new being used to cover up weed stank.  Dryer sheets, Fabreze, Cinnamon, etc., etc., etc.  Know why we get these bulletins?  Because the cops smelled the weed anyway.

So, sadly for you, mankind can walk on the moon and (according to Apollo 13 at least) make CO2 scrubbers out of spare parts lander parts, but hasn't figured out how to stop weed stank. 

BTW - even if your boss doesn't care, in most states weed stank is still probable cause to search.  Your roomate needs to be more considerate.   

Floating Doc
Floating Doc HalfDork
4/27/18 12:17 p.m.

And if the police sweep that place, you're going to be in the dust pan too. 

May be low risk, but potential for big problems. I wasn't doing drugs, but just like you I was around it.  Part of the reason I changed careers was to get away from other people who were. Since I now need to have a DEA registration, I'm lucky I didn't get caught up in such a situation. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/27/18 2:05 p.m.
mtn said:

BTW, as someone who is 420 friendly, but I don't partake myself only because of possible employment complications, I find it very rude to be doing that inside--even if she owns the house. That is what a porch, garage, or bathroom (with fan on) are for.

You can't exactly smoke a bong on the front porch. 

That's interesting, my old roommate was constantly chonged out and I never had an issue with my clothes smelling like it. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
4/27/18 2:29 p.m.
z31maniac said:

That's interesting, my old roommate was constantly chonged out and I never had an issue with my clothes smelling like it. 

i want to be so thoroughly associated with something that my name becomes a verb for that thing.  but it has to be something cool like smoking weed.   i mean, Lewinski became a verb too.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I5JuFmOp7yM1WKwkLBomAfyLUoogVFTMJi83kcAtMHm3wBQU0vMV6G2g8vU87nmI