4 5 6 7 8
Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
3/2/20 6:06 p.m.

Sriracha hard steamed eggs

Steam eggs in vegetable steamer for 10 minutes. Uncover and let cool 20 minutes. This makes the eggs easy to peal. Add salt and sriracha to taste. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/2/20 6:18 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

When I was broke and downloading episodes of Initial D on peer to peer over a modem with a flaky connection (8-16 hours to get each episode) I used to have an episode watch ritual of eating two hardboiled eggs with a dusting of wasabi powder, because I'd been gifted it.  And the convenience store miraculously had eggs for 20 nickels per dozen.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa HalfDork
3/2/20 6:22 p.m.

Ramen, cook an egg alongside until it is soft boiled, shred chicken to add, maybe saute mushrooms as well, add soy sauce, ginger, and sriracha to taste, crack egg and drop into soup then cut it in half to let the yolks out, garnish with cut up green onions.

Beautiful.

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
3/2/20 6:24 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

I'm a fat ass. I took that picture after I'd already eaten one. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa HalfDork
3/2/20 6:25 p.m.

Also, a Puerto Rican neighbor turned me onto rice and eggs, which is apparently a staple cheap meal on the island.  Cook rice, add salt and pepper, maybe butter, couple eggs over easy on top then mix it all together.  Add hot sauce or your favorite garnish.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/2/20 6:56 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Isn't that just fried rice without spending too much time on it?

Disclaimer:  I spent the last half hour watching street food fried rice videos on Youtube.  Be thankful I am not embedding any.

In reply to Stampie :

That would probably be the only thing I ate that day.  I got down to 155lb.

I'm pushing 230 now, but that is because I remember what it was like eating so little that I managed to weigh 155 at 6'5.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa HalfDork
3/2/20 6:59 p.m.

I generally mix in veggies and another protein with my fried rice, but I guess it is.

There is a difference in scrambled eggs and a runny yolk though.  I love a runny yolk.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon SuperDork
3/2/20 6:59 p.m.

This thread makes me hungry and grossed out at the same time.

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
3/2/20 7:01 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

I'm a purist when it comes to Kraft macaroni and cheese...it should not be messed with, eat it just as it comes out of the box.  smiley

Not without BBQ sauce you don't!!!

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
3/2/20 7:02 p.m.

Made shakshuka for the first time last night, basically mashed some Rotel and chillies, sautéd onion, garlic, some bell pepper and added the tomato. Simmer all that in a pan and added a couple of eggs to poach. Had it in a bowl over rice. Pretty cheap and I could see adding different veg to bulk it up. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa HalfDork
3/2/20 7:03 p.m.

In reply to pres589 (djronnebaum) :

Great with a nice crusty bread to dip

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/2/20 7:03 p.m.
bentwrench said:
stuart in mn said:

I'm a purist when it comes to Kraft macaroni and cheese...it should not be messed with, eat it just as it comes out of the box.  smiley

Not without BBQ sauce you don't!!!

You understand.

Making homemade mac and cheese right now.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon SuperDork
3/2/20 7:21 p.m.

My wife makes diced tomatoes and Mac. Cook macaroni, add about a half a stick of butter, and one can of diced tomatoes, not drained. Season to taste. She usually just adds salt and pepper.

I like to add creole seasoning, myself.

It's an Appalachia thing.

newrider3
newrider3 New Reader
3/2/20 8:18 p.m.

Has no one mentioned lightly toasted white bread, with butter, topped with granulated sugar and cinnamon powder? For a high-end version, use brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/2/20 9:09 p.m.

In reply to BoostedBrandon :

The way we do it is a stewed tomato on top, after you put together your macaroni and a whole lot of different cheeses and bake a big brick in a casserole dish in the oven.

I changed my mind.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/2/20 9:43 p.m.
Mndsm said:

Take frozen burrito. Microwave for 2min. Heat pan with butter. Fry burrito on both sides til crispy. Add cheese. 

Since this just came back up, I'll add throw a fried egg on top. Something about it.....

Antihero
Antihero SuperDork
3/2/20 10:25 p.m.

Baked potatoes are cheap and not really bad, you can live on potatoes alone really.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
3/3/20 8:54 a.m.

I love this thread so much. 
I surprised the mrs. by making dinner the other night. Sliced bell peppers, sliced cabbage and carrots, "beef" ramen. Add some exotic spices (onion powder, pepper). I figure it cost about a dollar. 

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
3/3/20 9:08 a.m.
Mndsm said:
Mndsm said:

Take frozen burrito. Microwave for 2min. Heat pan with butter. Fry burrito on both sides til crispy. Add cheese. 

Since this just came back up, I'll add throw a fried egg on top. Something about it.....

Always throw a fried egg on top of everything. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/3/20 9:22 a.m.
EvanB said:
Mndsm said:
Mndsm said:

Always throw a fried egg on top of everything. 

Valid point. I cannot count how many times I've been eating a something and gone "You know what this needs, a fried egg" . 

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
3/3/20 9:51 a.m.
Antihero said:

Baked potatoes are cheap and not really bad, you can live on potatoes alone really.

The only bad potato is the one you don't eat. Pretty much the same for eggs. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
4/5/20 8:55 p.m.
Stampie said:

One pack of Raman of your favor choice. Cook the noodles according to directions but right at the end crack a raw egg into it. Squirt of sriracha and pour into a bowl with the flavor pack in the bottom. Let sit 5 minutes for the noodles to soak up everything.

I might have had a little time lately to perfect this.  Brining to the top so that I can post tomorrow with pictures.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/5/20 9:05 p.m.
barefootskater said:
Antihero said:

The only bad potato is the one you don't eat. Pretty much the same for eggs. 

Plus you can put anything on them. Avocados are great somehow

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
4/7/20 8:25 p.m.

First sorry for being late as I didn't get back to this until tonight.

Second sorry for the picture overload.

Third sorry for being a fat boy and therefore a food snob

First put the pan on the stove. 

Yes it's a Revere Ware.  I love these pans cause they cook great but you can get them cheap at yard sales.

Throw two cups of water in. Put on high.

​​​​​​

Open the ramen package and throw the brick in complete.  I used to be a break it up man but not anymore. You'll see why.

Combine your bowl (probably fake Fiesta but it's my favorite), sause packet, sriracha, and soy sauce.

Once the pan comes to a boil set timer for 3 minutes. With 30 seconds left in timer crack raw egg in.

​​​​​​

Now you see why I leave the brick whole. It cradles the yoke.

When the three minutes are done pour into bowl.  Don't stir. 

Cover with saucer (real Fiesta because it says genuine).

Set timer for 20 minutes.  Once done uncover.

I like to eat the still raw yoke first then stir before eating the rest.  

All done.

75¢ 500 calories 100% yummy.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
4/8/20 6:40 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Pictures and instructions. You really deliver. 
Id try it tonight if A) I had beef ramen, and 2) wife didn't already have bbq chicken going (though still very ghetto, chicken from a can w/ KC Masterpiece stirred in, served on plain white slices, 'cause we rich.)

4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uk0WGxTiQkeC5BHgyBPi1JR61m1tsAQHwLK5pjqGS6kjv6hkcZWXozfadQ6Y1CY8