1 2
92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
6/22/12 11:14 a.m.
DuctTape&Bondo wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Josh wrote:
Derick Freese wrote: I've gotten really good at Advance Auto coupon codes. Since I can order now and go pick it up in a few minutes, I usually use that method unless Rock Auto can provide better value.
If the stuff I am buying is more than $30 or so, I will order it all on my phone while I am in the store, go up and set it down on the counter, and tell them I just picked the newest internet order for them.
Ditto! I bought out their entire selection of D.E.I heat management products two weeks ago like this. Walked out with it all for a whopping $80. It was a good $150 worth of merchandise. Just got a brand new Miata battery last night from Advance for $65 out the door, and i'm about to order a set of Rancho RS9000XL shocks for the Jeep for about $300 for the whole set. They have a decent tool selection as well which isn't priced very well, but becomes very well priced if you know your discounts. I'm also probably going to start buying -AN fittings from them.
It'd be nice if we had Advance out where I live, I'd love to take advantage of some of their codes.

Still can. They usually have free shipping on orders over $50 or $75, depending on time of the month.

keethrax
keethrax HalfDork
6/22/12 1:44 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote: (No one ever just bought a $.10 screw, but they would buy a $2 part and pay the $16.50 in shipping)

I've had to do that more than once. But you bet your ass I did my best to find other options first. At some point it becomes a $2 part and $15 to not lose another week of progress looking for a cheaper option.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
6/22/12 2:19 p.m.
keethrax wrote:
Anti-stance wrote: (No one ever just bought a $.10 screw, but they would buy a $2 part and pay the $16.50 in shipping)
I've had to do that more than once. But you bet your ass I did my best to find other options first. At some point it becomes a $2 part and $15 to not lose another week of progress looking for a cheaper option.

Sometimes that part would be a consumable part that will need to be replaced again. I just didn't get why they would not buy like 10 of them. Instead, they would just buy one at a time. Guess the public utility offices have to spend it or lose it.

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
6/22/12 2:25 p.m.

I just bought a box of bolts for $8, shipping is $6 from McMaster Carr........ I wold have bought more, but I am broke and this is the only piece holding up installing my new diff cover....

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Reader
6/22/12 3:50 p.m.

In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac:

Gonna have to give em another look, then, thanks!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wro1v1gNMAMQ8rDL1PtYVIYuuLTAlgC2C6mZClydHoEvJ2A8vlxXCnOqmtc4rKRL