1 2 3
confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
11/11/13 6:48 p.m.

I'm watching Gone in 60 Seconds now. I love this movie. The Nicholas Cage movie, not the original.

"That's not a tool. That's a damn brick!"

That is all.

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
11/11/13 7:10 p.m.

Drycoff: "Are you okay?"

Officer: "I think so."

Drycoff: "Are you sure? 'Cause you just went through a wall."

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
11/11/13 7:21 p.m.

The Nicolas Cage version was pretty good, but I like the original more, especially the extended chase scene at the end.

btp76
btp76 Reader
11/11/13 7:26 p.m.

Blasphemy! There is only one Gone in 60 Seconds, and it is the original. It's only available on VHS. The DVD was overdubbed due to degradation of the original soundtrack. So far as I know this Nickolas person doesn't exist.

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
11/11/13 7:29 p.m.

Memphis: "Now, if I were driving a 1967 GTB 4-Cam..."

Roger: "You would not be a self-indulgent wiener, sir. You'd be a connoisseur."

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
11/11/13 7:33 p.m.

So, you like awful CGI mustangs jumping a whole row of cars better than REAL stuntmen doing their jobs?

The real Gone is guerilla movie making at it's finest, do a little research on how that movie got made and you'll be impressed.

Shawn

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
11/11/13 7:40 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: So, you like awful CGI mustangs jumping a whole row of cars better than REAL stuntmen doing their jobs? The real Gone is guerilla movie making at it's finest, do a little research on how that movie got made and you'll be impressed. Shawn

Hey, the takeoff and the landing of that jump were real. And I think Nick Cage did the driving in real life. It's just that whole part in-between that they CGIed. Yeah... that part was kinda stupid, but it was still an awesome movie.

I still haven't seen the original. I will have to get around to that sometime soon.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
11/11/13 8:34 p.m.

The original is good, but it's very "70's" and that can be good or bad depending on your perspective. Like the original and newer versions of The Italian Job, I can enjoy either versions on their own without trying to compare them to each other. They're movies of their eras. Simple as that.

Yes... definitely check out the making of for the original Gone in 60. I couldn't find it, but found this little clip about the sequel, "The Junkman": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBoq9lgtfrI

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
11/11/13 8:52 p.m.

I will always be a fan of the 1970's "Gone in 60 seconds". I don't mind the the newer one that much, it's makes killing time at the to the soon to be in-laws a lot easier. But the first one is a must see for any car guy.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon SuperDork
11/11/13 9:00 p.m.

Knurled
Knurled UberDork
11/11/13 11:24 p.m.
btp76 wrote: Blasphemy! There is only one Gone in 60 Seconds, and it is the original. It's only available on VHS.

Huh, I don't remember posting in this thread yet...

(I thought the DVD blasphemy was due to copyright issues, or in other words "hey you're going to make money off of this movie now so we want a chunk of that")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTXmeIjT9kM

(shoulda read my horoscope this morning)

AquaHusky
AquaHusky Reader
11/12/13 3:49 a.m.

I had the original on dvd. It was crazy how they wrapped Elenor like they did around that pole and kept using that same car!

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
11/12/13 5:47 a.m.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
11/12/13 6:39 a.m.

I've only watched the original once.

I've watched the new one many times and have it on DVD.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/12/13 7:53 a.m.

There is only one Gone in 60 Seconds and there is only one Italian Job.

Now get off my lawn.

PHeller
PHeller UberDork
11/12/13 7:57 a.m.

In my opinion neither central car was attractive enough to admire. I actually liked the body kit clad Eleanor more than the original. It would've been better with a 66-67 GT350 or GT500 than the 1973 model.

PHeller
PHeller UberDork
11/12/13 8:05 a.m.

It's really a shame the last "Good" car movie we had wasn't a car movie at all. It was an action flick with Dinero.

Larry, tell Vincent what you'll need. Something very fast. Audi S-8 . Something that can shove. l'm going to have it for you by the afternoon. l'll also need a nitrous system. l've got the specs.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/12/13 8:07 a.m.

In reply to PHeller:

Rush came out this year. That was a damn good car movie...

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
11/12/13 8:25 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote: There is only one Gone in 60 Seconds and there is only one Italian Job. Now get off my lawn.

And it never freaking shows up on TV.

PHeller
PHeller UberDork
11/12/13 8:29 a.m.

Yea I didn't see that yet. I have high hopes.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
11/12/13 8:34 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: And it never freaking shows up on TV.

Some years ago when I guess the DVD was being released, Spike TV had the original Gone in 60 on heavy rotation along with the 'making of' and interviews with HBH's widow. The full movie is on YouTube. I haven't looked to see if it's on Netflix.

PHeller wrote: Yea I didn't see that yet. I have high hopes.

The original Italian Job? You must see it.... although I'll warn you, in typcial 70's movie fashion, the ending might make you scream.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
11/12/13 8:43 a.m.

So the original Eleanor was a 73 fast back? Those(71-73) are my favorite. My first introduction was as a Bond Car.

EvanB
EvanB PowerDork
11/12/13 8:52 a.m.

I still have the original on VHS somewhere but nothing to watch it on.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler Dork
11/12/13 9:00 a.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote:

Thou shalt not disrespect the Cage.

More: http://www.reddit.com/r/onetruegod/

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
11/12/13 9:09 a.m.

I wish the remake had any other lead actor. I freaking hate Nicolas Cage with a passion. The only movie I think he has had a good performance in was Raising Arizona. After that he sucks.

I have the original on DVD, as well as the original Italian Job. I like all of them, just hate Nick Cage.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wXXwWJU0PD84QttbFLKRKZJCpGCDVE1gmleqi5pl5VsxZNFSyu9E2z9ZeAeJ6BRQ