Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
9/7/21 6:03 a.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

Not romex, it's marine grade tinned wire. I  turn it over during hurricanes so it will fill with water and not blow away. 

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and MegaDork
9/7/21 7:53 a.m.

Gyro doing what Gyro does best. 

Untitled photo

Gary
Gary UltraDork
9/11/21 3:25 p.m.

Our son's beagle pup "Charlie" returned from 3-week puppy boot camp Friday, where he supposedly learned doggy manners. (We'll see how successful that episode was). But anyway, he's happy to be home.

CAinCA
CAinCA HalfDork
9/11/21 7:20 p.m.

My wife and I went for a hike this morning. This guy was laying about 30' off the trail. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/11/21 7:28 p.m.

A California Mountain Lion (cougar) rescued from a wild fire at an animal rescue event:

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/14/21 12:22 a.m.

AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/14/21 1:38 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Gary
Gary UltraDork
9/14/21 6:26 p.m.

We're in Vermont at the Woodstock Inn for Annie's birthday week (a milestone birthday).

Cheers! More pics of this trip to follow.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
9/15/21 1:33 p.m.

The light at the end of the tunnel. Taftsville covered bridge, VT.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
9/15/21 8:27 p.m.

Woodstock Inn in the evening:

Gary
Gary UltraDork
9/16/21 7:01 p.m.

The dam above the Quechee Gorge, VT:

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/16/21 10:07 p.m.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
9/17/21 7:44 p.m.

Still at the Woodstock Inn. Friday night with a glass of wine in the lobby.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
9/18/21 3:50 p.m.

Stocked up on local beverages before going home tomorrow:

Gary
Gary UltraDork
9/18/21 7:42 p.m.

OK, I know this is supposed to be one pic per day. But this is pic-worthy of a second. Wedding going on here at the Woodstock Inn. We're enjoying the festivities and the music from our balcony:

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
9/18/21 7:46 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Is that the Canadian Lancaster?  Great shot!

Edited to add a pic.    This was a sunset from the dock a few weeks ago that kept getting better.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/18/21 9:53 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

Mossie. Military Aviation Museum's Mosquito. K1115.  That's why you don't see any seams or rivets on the fuselage and wings. All wood.

JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe Reader
9/18/21 10:00 p.m.

Axe throwing at the local brewery on date night. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
9/19/21 12:58 a.m.

In reply to JesseWolfe :

The person that thought throwing axes while drinking alcohol is on another level

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/19/21 10:34 a.m.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
9/19/21 5:57 p.m.

Back from VT, home in RI. Friends dropped off a bottle of 2015 Barolo for Annie's birthday, so we just had to open it. It's spectacular.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/19/21 6:13 p.m.

There were no tears, there were lots of smiles laughs and squeals. Today was a good day. 

Now my back has demanded a drink, and an Aleve. 

EDIT: Another bonus: there were only 5 other people there. 1 couple who couldn't skate, in rentals. The skate guard was a young woman in hockey skates, I've reffed her games in the past. Another young woman, a college player, giving lessens to a young girl in full hockey gear. This is good for women's hockey, and it was good for my daughter to see. 

Her mom was the only one in figure skates (my wife is a good skater, and at one point a decent figure skater). We will see how that influences her going forward. She will probably want to be a speed skater to weird us out. 

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
9/19/21 7:06 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Ahh, I was too focused on the inline engines and the cockpit greenhouse.

JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe Reader
9/20/21 4:32 a.m.
Justjim75 said:

In reply to JesseWolfe :

The person that thought throwing axes while drinking alcohol is on another level

It was entertaining enough that I might buy a set of actual throwing axes off the Amazon's, as the supplied ones were dollar store hatchets that were hard to get to stick.  I have an 8' tall fence in my back yard that may get some extra wood and a target painted on it.

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
9/24/21 6:20 p.m.

Just my Pixel 3A again.  

It's not quite as good as my Nikon D90 with a remote flash, but it is a lot easier.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Uvn7LSGDxSOnaXjXs4SVCdI62xZFFjYSTng8K3vt1kUCSr4JiQqiW4D8AM6xoQ6G