David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/22/23 11:43 a.m.

Kinda funny: The cosplay photo was taken right behind the venue that hosted Agent Orange. 

David S. Wallens
5/23/23 4:30 p.m.

Brianne chilling on her board. This is right out of the camera. 

David S. Wallens
5/24/23 10:53 a.m.

Another photo from this weekend’s shoot in Sanford, Florida. Say hello to Felix.

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
5/25/23 8:16 a.m.

View from my campsite at Okatibbee Lake in Mississippi. ​​​​​

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
5/25/23 8:49 a.m.

20190721_200016_HDR.jpg

pres589 (djronnebaum)
5/25/23 9:25 p.m.

I am somehow in Georgia, camping on the south east shore of Lake Seminole. Tomorrow I camp in Gainesville. 

David S. Wallens
5/25/23 10:29 p.m.

Another pic from last weekend’s shoot in beautiful downtown Sanford. See the rest here

NickD
NickD MegaDork
5/25/23 11:09 p.m.

Taken in Scranton today. American Locomotive Works may be 54 years in the ground, but their legacy is still alive and well in the Electric City.

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
5/28/23 4:47 p.m.

I took this today in Cape May NJ, iPhone 14 in portrait mode. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
5/28/23 8:47 p.m.

hobiercr
hobiercr UltraDork
5/28/23 10:58 p.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/29/23 7:56 a.m.

There was a spot waiting for me at the Lime Rock car show. Life hack: it's $10 per car to park on the track, $15 per person to park in the infield and walk down.

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/29/23 10:04 a.m.

Our new puppy Bodhi chillin' on a rock watching and supervising while I'm planting a few perennials that Jen picked out. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/29/23 10:05 a.m.

In reply to lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) :

They're so cute!

NickD
NickD MegaDork
5/29/23 10:47 a.m.

pres589 (djronnebaum)
5/31/23 1:16 p.m.

Druid Hill Tower, Baltimore. Covered my old running route when I lived here, walking this time.

David S. Wallens
5/31/23 3:20 p.m.

How about Y2K raver fashions shot with a Y2K digital camera? Model is Jazz

Gary
Gary UberDork
6/1/23 9:18 a.m.

pres589 (djronnebaum)
6/3/23 7:19 p.m.

Camping at Bald Eagle State Park in north central Pennsylvania. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/4/23 4:16 p.m.

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
6/5/23 9:48 a.m.

Happieness is a monster bag of kettle corn!

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
6/5/23 10:03 a.m.

The funny thing that this thread illustrates that even though I don't know how to take a good picture, I can tell when someone does.

It's painfully obvious that there's great skill and art involved in doing just that. Kudos to you guys/girls.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
6/5/23 10:45 a.m.

Took my middle son and two of his friends for ice cream yesterday afternoon.  The last thing I expected to see in our small town at a mom and pop joint was this:  

Ran into pres589 on his way home from the Challenge.  

David S. Wallens
6/7/23 7:52 p.m.

From last night’s shoot with Hathim. No editing, no Photoshop. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
6/8/23 9:12 a.m.

Another pic dump!

Obligatory Corvette/New Balance pic:

Went to a concert for the 1st time in 5 years last weekend. Saw Holy Fawn and Thrice. It was good. 

Also, we had my 4yo nephew last weekend, and decided to tour the USS Salem CA-139, an early Cold War era heavy cruiser that has been sitting in Quincy MA as a floating museum for years. I've been on the ship a few times for a "ghost tour"/haunted house event as well as a friend's Boy Scouts Eagle Court, but never been for a regular self-guided tour. It was quiet that day and a ton of fun exploring the ship.

As a historian, I love visiting old decommissioned Naval ships and subs; there's nothing else like it. I ended up getting separated from my wife and nephew for a bit, and took some time to reflect about how humans innovate best when trying to kill each other. Odd to say, but it's true. This magnificent ship was a giant, floating weapon of the past, and I was standing on its deck. You could almost hear/feel the ghosts of war running around you as you stand there, especially on a foggy day like the day I visited. Even though it had never been through a major battle itself, the Sea Witch is a really cool piece of US Naval history. It's similar enough to a WWII vessel, having been ordered during the war itself and commissioned in the 1940's postwar years, and really brings you back to another time when you step aboard. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x0nM8gFxH4xz1FwsItF1k15PlE6SKIG1FOoX00q0jqtFxgQ3tsmc55AH3slEBgKp