Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/20/16 11:24 p.m.

Gramp's Chrome Shop has quadrupled in size and he needs some serious help. Positions in the office, casting room, polishing, plating, etc. No experience needed! Full time, pays well, HUGE potential. Located in Titusville, FL.

Mndsm? Anybody?

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Reader
2/21/16 6:28 a.m.

this is 15 minutes north of me, but not inline with my skillset.

Titusville/Melbourne is a hard place to find inexpensive labor.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/22/16 9:28 a.m.

Really? Nobody needs a job, or knows someone that does?

This video shows the whole shop to give you an idea of the work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU99GgF3cHU&index=1&list=FLkpaa3c5oOa1JM3Xej1vr8Q

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
2/22/16 10:41 a.m.

What do you consider as paying well? What's your affiliation? I'm not in the market per se, but coastal living and working with car stuff...

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
2/22/16 11:06 a.m.

Looks like a neat operation. The wife and I have been talking about relocating somewhere warm and Florida keeps coming up. I wish this were a better fit for my skill set.

I was hoping to see some manual lathes, mills and grinders.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/22/16 11:09 a.m.
ultraclyde wrote: What do you consider as paying well? What's your affiliation? I'm not in the market per se, but coastal living and working with car stuff...

Depends on the position, but $15/hr is the ballpark, and the affiliation is the owner (the old guy in the movie, Ray) is my Grandfather.

I would totally go take over the business for him (he wants to retire, hence the massive potential you could have), but the whole moving the family from Washington State to Florida thing...

PHeller
PHeller PowerDork
2/22/16 11:18 a.m.

If we ever end up in Florida in the expected 5-8 years that we're thinking, I'll be sure to hit ya up.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
2/22/16 11:28 a.m.

In reply to Javelin:

I wondered if that was the kind of potential you had in mind. Although taking over that kind of business is something I might very well be interested in, I'm not in a position where working my way up on that kind of salary is feasible unfortunately.

Which is a shame. I do see a serious potential there, and the opportunity to carry on a craft business that was obviously built on integrity and love.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/22/16 1:37 p.m.

Seriously guys, he needs people to start like today. They are growing too fast to keep up!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
2/22/16 1:40 p.m.

man...and I have casting experience...as in, built my own foundry, made my own patterns and flasks, mixed my own sands, crafted my own crucibles...Too bad I cant telecommute from Ohio

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5QIs0wKC1OHsVprs6oqTzJEwzbBMIQ68BvK0awmiY6XOaYVqwIDtH2pAAkCdHZYh