Wicked!

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
10/13/11 11:48 a.m.

Yes!

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
10/13/11 12:10 p.m.

I am still waiting for the rally cars.. Group B anybody?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
10/13/11 12:20 p.m.

I like this very much.

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
10/13/11 12:47 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote: I like this very much.

Had I found a second, I would have mailed it to you ASAP. Alas, I have not yet. It seems like this is one of the 1 in a case Matchbox cars.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
10/13/11 12:59 p.m.

OMG WANT. I have a couple of yellow Caterhams i'd be willing to trade for a couple of those.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
10/13/11 1:01 p.m.

Where's the tiny GRM sticker?

HappyAndy
HappyAndy HalfDork
10/13/11 2:21 p.m.

That's cool, but not as cool as group B rally. I could see my self doing something irrational for a Lancia Delta Integralle matchbox or hot wheels. And I would go completely nutty for group B slot cars!

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Dork
10/13/11 2:50 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: Where's the tiny GRM sticker?

Marketing opportunity?

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
10/13/11 3:50 p.m.

No FIT? Dag.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
10/13/11 5:40 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: No FIT? Dag.

this

I've also been waiting to come across an oldschool Skyline GT-X (Hakosuka). It exists, I just don't feel like getting it off of ebay.

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
10/13/11 6:20 p.m.

Matchbox makes a Fit, just not a B-Spec version (yet). I did see a normal snot green 2 before this one, so there's still hope for a racing Fit. Of course, you could always sticker it up yourself...

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
10/14/11 8:55 a.m.

is Matchbox > HotWheels as far as cool points go? I have several cool HW cars, I almost never pay attention to MB...plus they put the drivers door facing out...thats weird to me . Is it weird to mix and match them together in the same collection? Do I have to abort my current HW collection and start fresh with MB? oh noes...i haz a confuse

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
10/14/11 8:56 a.m.

In other news, Id love to get my hands on a HW/MB AE86...does this exist...havent found conclusive evidence either way. The closest I came was a offshoot of hotwheels called dropstars which is about double the size of the standard toy car.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
10/14/11 10:32 a.m.
gamby wrote:
this I've also been waiting to come across an oldschool Skyline GT-X (Hakosuka). It exists, I just don't feel like getting it off of ebay.

Came back to this and remembered the Skyline is Hot Wheels.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
10/14/11 11:21 a.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: is Matchbox > HotWheels as far as cool points go? I have several cool HW cars, I almost never pay attention to MB...plus they put the drivers door facing out...thats weird to me . Is it weird to mix and match them together in the same collection? Do I have to abort my current HW collection and start fresh with MB? oh noes...i haz a confuse

I have hundreds of both. I find matchbox to be more "realistic"... For instance, if you get a chance, check out the Matchbox Toyota 4Runner. I have like 5 of them because I'm smitten with just how cool they look. Same with some of the cool old stuff, Lotus Europa, Volvo p1800, etc.

4g63t
4g63t HalfDork
10/14/11 6:50 p.m.
gamby wrote:
this I've also been waiting to come across an oldschool Skyline GT-X (Hakosuka). It exists, I just don't feel like getting it off of ebay.

Next time I see one, it's yours.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
10/14/11 9:33 p.m.

These days, hot wheels is mostly classic muscle, modern exotics, and crazy custom stuff. MB has more real cars. Even a Prius

Either way Mattel owns both.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
10/15/11 8:15 a.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: In other news, Id love to get my hands on a HW/MB AE86...does this exist...havent found conclusive evidence either way. The closest I came was a offshoot of hotwheels called dropstars which is about double the size of the standard toy car.

I have a HW AE86 sitting on my window sill. White with a black hood, red star on the hood, red and black graphics on the side with "Hot Wheels" written in red flames, and "DIMHI" in white. I would say that is pretty conclusive for me. However, in true internet fashion, please feel free to deny its existence.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
10/16/11 9:34 p.m.
4g63t wrote:
gamby wrote:
Next time I see one, it's yours.

Sick. Yeah, keep me posted. PM me for paypal info.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bARth9c2zwsQbx9gtPhPAfEKhZqTU6XYF3qsNgWWozaJZ7rXyA5JIxj31GiuRNRW