1 2 3 4
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) UberDork
5/30/22 9:50 p.m.

Wheels 

Waiting for the rest to arrive this week.

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
5/31/22 12:00 a.m.

I have procured a van.

The stock wheels don't do it for me, so I've also ordered some custom mag wheels.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
5/31/22 8:39 p.m.

Unsealed and ready to begin.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
6/1/22 12:09 a.m.

In reply to AClockworkGarage :

Ahahahahaaaa!!!

6/1/22 7:53 p.m.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
6/1/22 8:04 p.m.

It's the 1st! Start your builds!!!

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
6/1/22 10:09 p.m.

I cracked mine open at 3am, just to look at the parts and come up with a plan. It's pretty weird. The body attaches to the frame with screws.

never seen that before.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
6/1/22 10:25 p.m.

In reply to AClockworkGarage :

Really old school. Many of the earliest AMT and JoHan kits did this. Some of the reissue kits like the Nova wagon have molded in pins on the chassis which enter the former screw holes. 

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
6/2/22 8:04 a.m.

Slow and steady, got the block assembled and ready for paint.

A little bit every day and I might not have an 11th hour crunch.

6/2/22 8:46 p.m.
AClockworkGarage said:

Slow and steady, got the block assembled and ready for paint.

A little bit every day and I might not have an 11th hour crunch.

Woah! Slow down. My parts are still drying! Lol

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
6/3/22 3:01 p.m.

Avoid a crunch at the end? What is this concept you speak of?

No for real though, that would be great. I'm trying to keep this build simple and get it moving along. Engine painted, not that you can see much of it when it's in place. Chassis painted. The only questions are: how do I cut out the porthole window openings, what color interior, and do I go to the craft store and try to get some flocking or something for the shag carpet look?

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
6/3/22 5:32 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Ken's Fuzzy Fur from an online model supplier is the flocking for shag carpet. Vast array of color available. I think I got some from Mega Hobby.

6/3/22 6:31 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Back of a number 11 xacto blade to cut out the window. Sticky backed felt from Micheal's for carpeting.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
6/6/22 7:27 a.m.

half the parts in primer and the steel and aluminum is done.

got some more detail work done on the engine block as well.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
6/7/22 6:08 a.m.

So here's a fun one. The taillights are missing.

the bag is still sealed.

the kit is from 2016, so it might still be around. I'll shoot an Email off to Revell and see if they can do anything. otherwise... I'll improvise.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
6/9/22 3:33 a.m.

Revell is going to send a replacement panel... From Germany... In 6 weeks.

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
6/13/22 4:03 p.m.

"Custom Fuzzy Fur" ordered. I think I'm going with "Deep Rose" as it matches one of the stripes on the decal package, but I also ordered a darker purple color as an alternative.

6/13/22 9:54 p.m.

OMG, I need to get to it 

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
6/16/22 11:36 p.m.

A thing happened late last week and I forgot to post anything. Javelin kindly sent me out some parts for the April contest, and the fine folks at the usps finally decided to deliver! So that's neat. Unfortunately I'm out of the running for at least the next few weeks due to a bunch of family plans. But I'm following along and one day soon I'll get my act together. Thanks Jav!

6/19/22 7:51 p.m.

Primer down. Once ready there's a lot of flash to remove. I put down white primer then gray so I can see how much material I'm taking off.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
6/20/22 10:22 a.m.

The colour is on the body and all of the bulk painting is done. As usual this paint looks like arse until it gets clear, which will happen after decals. The "gold"  is leftover beige paint from my old GP. It's a bit more subdued than the testors metalic gold.

All that's left is some detail painting and we're ready to start assembly.

No further word on taillights.

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
6/21/22 1:06 a.m.

The easy part is basically done, the chassis and engine. All the interesting stuff will be on the body and to some extent the interior, although without opening doors it will be hard to see the interior.

I want to align the porthole windows with the yellow stripe, but it has no scribe line on the back, and there's no cutout in the stripe decal, so it's kind of guessing and eyeballing it and rudimentary measuring. I have not yet committed to finalizing the placement by rounding out the hole to its final size.

Here are the aforementioned stripes. The sheet actually has two designs: the production stripes, and the slightly fancier prototype design that was similar to what the Pinto actually got. However, the production stripes aren't quite right; they don't cover the entirety of the fender. The cutout for the wheel arches leaves a gap. But I don't want to do the prototype stripes either. I need to think about this some more.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
6/25/22 3:06 p.m.

I am starting with a classic deuce coupe like the ones that cruised the avenue during Corvette Summer...

But adding a Cosworth engine, spoilers and other high tech goods from this kit...

Would you believe a 32 Ford with a McLaren Orange Livery? (paint left over from another project)

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
6/25/22 4:08 p.m.

cbug chug chuggin along.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
6/25/22 7:17 p.m.

In reply to Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) :

That sounds awesome!!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners