Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
8/7/22 8:19 p.m.

I finished one room!

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
8/15/22 3:28 p.m.

It's coming together, slowly.

The fat tires stick out and hit the sliding door where I want to position it. I think it's okay because some people customize their slider mechanism to make the door come out a bit farther. The Denimachine appears to be a good example of this.

I'm probably going to stick it on with a big chunk of blue-tack and hope it's not too obvious.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
8/15/22 4:02 p.m.

Finished the whole house. I think I can do a model now. 

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) UberDork
8/15/22 6:53 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Get on it!!!!!

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
8/19/22 6:19 p.m.

Still chipping away at it...it won't be *good* but it'll be neat, I think.

8/24/22 8:53 p.m.

Closer to done. The front clip popped off when I tried to install the body over the chassis. The body does not sit down as it should due to the seats hitting the clear plastic that connects the rear and front windows under the roof. Will need some touch up. Black washed the rims and grill. Not much left.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
8/25/22 2:43 a.m.

I unpacked my model desk and cleaned it. 

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
8/25/22 8:17 a.m.

when I realized I wasn't going to make the deadline last month, I packed everything away. I still haven't touched it.

8/25/22 9:47 p.m.

Side two.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
8/25/22 11:02 p.m.

In reply to vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) :

This one is sooo cool.

Also, I need a late C2 T-top model, any year/make, for a commission for my grandmother. Do you have any to trade?

RustBeltSherpa
RustBeltSherpa Reader
8/26/22 3:31 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Weren't the first T-tops the C3 generation - '68-'82? I'm sure vwcorvette has something in his stash.

8/26/22 6:53 p.m.
RustBeltSherpa said:

In reply to Javelin :

Weren't the first T-tops the C3 generation - '68-'82? I'm sure vwcorvette has something in his stash.

C2 are the mid years (63-67). No t-top. Coupe or convertible only. C3 68-82. 68-72 chrome front and rear bumpers; 73 soft front and chrome rear bumper; 74-77, sugar scoop roofline, 78-79 soft front and rear with bubble rear glass and added spoilers; 80-82, bubble glass with integrated spoilers front and rear. Whatcha want?

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
8/26/22 7:53 p.m.

In reply to RustBeltSherpa :

I see this guy around town every once in a while.

The car has two rectangular sunroofs running front to back, one over each seat. It's hard to believe that anyone ever thought this was a good idea, and  I can't imagine the regret that he must have felt, either immediately or at some point thereafter. 

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic Reader
8/27/22 12:27 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Those aren't sunroofs, those are ejector seat panels.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) SuperDork
8/27/22 7:35 a.m.

In reply to VolvoHeretic :

No, that's about $30,000 in loss.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
8/27/22 9:13 a.m.

Thats just a period 80s build.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
8/27/22 11:23 a.m.
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) said:
RustBeltSherpa said:

In reply to Javelin :

C2 are the mid years (63-67). No t-top. Coupe or convertible only. C3 68-82. 68-72 chrome front and rear bumpers; 73 soft front and chrome rear bumper; 74-77, sugar scoop roofline, 78-79 soft front and rear with bubble rear glass and added spoilers; 80-82, bubble glass with integrated spoilers front and rear. Whatcha want?

Yeah I fat fingered that post, it's a C3 I'm after. Any 74 to 82, especially if it's not an AMT model. 

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
8/27/22 4:37 p.m.

Waiting for final paint touch-ups to dry before the full reveal.

8/27/22 5:32 p.m.
Javelin said:
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) said:
RustBeltSherpa said:

In reply to Javelin :

Yeah I fat fingered that post, it's a C3 I'm after. Any 74 to 82, especially if it's not an AMT model. 

Lemme check when I get home. Large rear glass (78-82) or flat vertical (<77)?

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
8/27/22 9:30 p.m.

Doesn't matter, they don't know what the real one was. The only things we know for sure are plastic front bumper and t-tops. 

8/27/22 9:40 p.m.
Javelin said:

Doesn't matter, they don't know what the real one was. The only things we know for sure are plastic front bumper and t-tops. 

So, here's the thing, I'm not one of those modelers that hoards, sorry, has a stash larger than the local hobby shop. The only non AMT in my rather meager collection is a 75 from MPC that I'm saving to build a replica of my 1:1 Stingray. I have a 77 but it's an AMT. Sorry.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
8/27/22 10:09 p.m.

I still would trade for the 77

8/28/22 3:58 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Whatcha got I might like? I do have a weakness for vettes, but have enough for now. I do need a Vega in my collection, but want a street car, not the drag car. What's something you don't think you're ever gonna build but would like to see it built? The local model club is starting a 3 month club build Oct 1 and I don't have a project for it yet. Can't be anything already started.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
8/28/22 4:15 p.m.

Any of these float your boat?

I have a Vega, but it's a Jungle Jim funny car.

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
8/28/22 6:59 p.m.

Well, I'm calling this one done.

Aside from the paint trouble, I'm happy with it. The silver looks aged/worn and the purple chipped in a few places so let's just pretend this van has been on the road for 10 years and been through a lot of van parties in dusty fields. The tv/entertainment stand came from an old Revell custom van parts pack, and the bed is a piece of hard foam covered with some fabric I found. I positioned the passenger swivel chair to be aimed at the tv. The "sliding" door is mounted with a magnet glued to the inside of the body so I can pull it away and show the interior better. (That's also why it's kind of angled, because I didn't get it lined up perfectly for the photo.)

I still suck at taking photos. smiley 

3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4C4ZAmUHUi4naKtxgiU4vvqZYGrIAwuDs3Kfku9NMYoS4vBCVRPAIiQikFbHuXZx