1 2 3 4
gumby (Forum Supporter)
gumby (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/1/20 5:37 p.m.

In

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/1/20 6:03 p.m.

I'm sooooo in!  But I super-suck and just gave the scrap man an aluminum Audi flywheel that had been robbed of its starter ring gear.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
12/1/20 6:18 p.m.

I'm in. 

Better get the chainsaw sharpened......

wawazat
wawazat Dork
12/1/20 6:31 p.m.

I'm in!

I've got a cast iron SBF bellhousing that's gotta go but sadly won't fit in the box.   

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
12/1/20 6:45 p.m.
wawazat said:

I'm in!

I've got a cast iron SBF bellhousing that's gotta go but sadly won't fit in the box in one piece  

FTFY 

ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter)
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/1/20 6:46 p.m.

Had so much fun last year I am signing up again. I may or may not have started a small pile in the corner right after last year's game to sort through for this year's box! laugh

wawazat
wawazat Dork
12/2/20 5:37 a.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:
wawazat said:

I'm in!

I've got a cast iron SBF bellhousing that's gotta go but sadly won't fit in the box in one piece  

FTFY 

Broke that for you?laugh

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) UberDork
12/2/20 8:16 a.m.

Im in again!

My takeaway from last year is to make sure the box is reinforced.  Maybe I will try and line it with extra cardboard and duct tape. 

TheTallOne17
TheTallOne17 New Reader
12/2/20 9:53 a.m.

In via PM, hopefully that works

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
12/2/20 10:01 a.m.
logdog (Forum Supporter) said:

Im in again!

My takeaway from last year is to make sure the box is reinforced.  Maybe I will try and line it with extra cardboard and duct tape. 

Weld up a steel inner liner. Weight is no problem, but volume is. Steel is stronger AND thinner than cardboard.

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
12/2/20 10:39 a.m.

I'm in.  I've collected some seriously heavy stuff this year, and completely useless too!!

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
12/2/20 12:31 p.m.

I am so in.. I think re-enforcing the box is now mandatory, I might have to line it in steel this time since previous boxed have failed.

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/2/20 12:51 p.m.

In reply to ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) :

I literally was going to do that this year but now I'm on the fence about it because of how much time it would take. Of course, I've had all year to do it also....

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
12/2/20 1:37 p.m.
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) said:

Do you want "GRM New Year Game 2019"  or "GRM New Year Game 2020?"

Yeah... that's what I get for "copy and pasting" while the kids are getting ready for bed...

Anyhoo!  We just had more participant sign up in the first day than in the entirety of the first game!   That makes me so dang happy!

Concerning box reinforcement:  I did a light test run with a flat-rate wrapped in 300mph duct tape with Wally earlier in the year.  Not a single scratch on it.  I strongly recommend.

That being said, if you sent me an e-mail but didnt get a reply please let me know. 

Cheers everyone!  And thanks for playing!

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
12/2/20 1:41 p.m.
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) said:

Im in again!

Weld up a steel inner liner. Weight is no problem, but volume is. Steel is stronger AND thinner than cardboard.

Make sure to label the box "not chainsaw friendly"

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/2/20 7:10 p.m.

Do we know what the limit of coverage is for a flat rate box for it to be considered a flat rate box? I've avoided going full car in the past to preserve markings. 

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
12/2/20 7:20 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

You need at least one exposed and scannable barcode. 

They might not be happy about it, but use a machine or pirate ship

danvan
danvan Reader
12/2/20 7:30 p.m.

I am in again 

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
12/2/20 8:12 p.m.
RevRico said:

Im in again!

No. And make sure you video the opening. 

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/2/20 8:14 p.m.

In!  Thanks, Bill.  Best part of the holiday season!!

daeman
daeman Dork
12/2/20 8:23 p.m.

Man, that time of year already? I'm not sure if I can get it together this year unfortunately. Plus the australia post network is sucking hard due to covid (lack of flights, extra demand due to people working from home etc) It just took me two weeks to get something from one side of the country to the other .

I'll have a chat with someone at the post office and see how international shipping is working, given the lack of flights in or out of australia, it mightn't work out so great. I'd really hate something to spend 3 months at sea.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
12/2/20 8:24 p.m.
RevRico said:

Im in again!

No. And make sure you video the opening. 

Yes, please label it :

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
12/2/20 9:44 p.m.

Is there a way to get all of 2020 into a box? Its just 12 months of crap no one wants!

Ok, I put a box at the end of my work bench this summer and have been tossing random things in there since.

Thanks again for doing this, its the best event of the winter!

preach
preach Reader
12/2/20 11:13 p.m.

In. PM sent.

mjrj (Forum Supporter)
mjrj (Forum Supporter) Reader
12/3/20 12:10 a.m.

I would like to partake in dumping my crap, er giving a box of gently used items to a random stranger on the internet again.  PM sent.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cSBBKeowXCtVcyaoelZQm13K48gpnOPfjaLfifSM7sOjN1oCkusYpklIjfnk3L9A