bgkast
bgkast PowerDork
1/18/22 2:08 p.m.

My box arrived this weekend. The kids jumped in to help open it and made off with some of the goods.

What a fantastic spread! Stickers galore, a book of dating advice by Bill Cosby (that didn't age well!), WW2 era vacuum tubes (very cool), a variety of seals, a knife switch and other electrical components, mouse trap, badges including one from a Saab 900, classics on cassette tapes, a resistor decoder chart that is now on the wall above my work bench, a large feather, valve cover breather, and a large wooden pencil that is super cool! 

​​​​​​

Not pictured is a MAD magazine that my son absconded with and a awesome contour action cam that I immediately put on the charger and forgot to take a picture of.

Thanks for the goods GRM secret Santa!

RossD
RossD MegaDork
1/18/22 3:03 p.m.

In reply to bgkast :

The feather is from a wild turkey that came through our yard.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
1/18/22 3:38 p.m.
golfduke said:

testing for photo...

No photo to be seen. 

Shadeux
Shadeux Dork
1/18/22 5:03 p.m.

Finally, FINALLY, I sent out my box today. It's been ready, but life has been in the way. Apologies to my victim. On the flip side, I haven't received my box yet, so there's that. 

Out of guilt I haven't read this thread this year, so at least I can now binge on pages of quality content!

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) PowerDork
1/18/22 5:30 p.m.

Our mail carrier picked up the Supplemental Small Box this afternoon so it's on its way West. Also called and waded through the USPS phone system to get them trying to figure out where the berk my original box is, so hopefully I'll have info on that back one way or the other by the end of the week.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
1/18/22 5:37 p.m.

I'll check the location of the parcel I sent out tonight when I get home to see how far it has gotten. It is headed to MN and I was told 9 days from Saturday...

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
1/18/22 6:22 p.m.

My box is out and Saturday is the date it's gonna land

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/18/22 6:26 p.m.

A box!!! (Tanks for scale)

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/18/22 9:01 p.m.

Alright let's do this!

Random nuts, bolts, washers, screws, and gubbinz.

Tools! The wrench is a 10mm but the sockets are all SAE that I looked at. One is a Proto! The rasp is niiice.

More miscellany! Dremel attachments!! Zip ties are always good, metal straps, air hose attachments, a tubing bender, rivets, and a piece of scrap metal.

A zippy tie of springy sproings, a flapper disc of destruction, a bag of o-rings and of vacuum caps, and a gate latch to remind me of my honey do list.

The world's shortest extension cord, some wiring, a fan belt, a locking cap, and a donut.

A hitch ball! Seatbelt receiver, a shift knob, a Dr. Who watch, and an AMC Javelin Hot Wheels!

Stickers and an emblem.

The coup de gras! A Holley 4650 4 barrel carburetor! According to the LIST 6777 it's a 1973 International carb, 600 cfm. Neat!

barefootskater5000
barefootskater5000 PowerDork
1/18/22 9:11 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

With a carb like that, you really should build a v8 challenge car. There's literally no excuse now. 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/18/22 9:14 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater5000 :

I actively hunt for a 2-door Maverick/Comet, Spirit, and Gremlin every day.

barefootskater5000
1/18/22 9:20 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Fairly sure you could do a sweet YT series on a challenge build. Just saying. I'd watch the E36 M3 out of it. 

java230
java230 PowerDork
1/18/22 9:55 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Glad I could unload some crap on you! Some regifts (watch, kinfe and wave springs) in there. The carb and gas cap are off the travelall. I literally never looked and assumed the carb was aftermarket! IH challenge car is needed now.

Hope you enjoyed. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/19/22 10:02 a.m.
golfduke said:

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

... so unfortunately 3 alcoholic things apparently did not make it to you in that package...  yet whomever opened/retaped/removed said alcoholic things were fine with the sparklers...? 

Damnit. :(  I'm sorry about that! 

Ok that makes the whole thing quite a bit funnier.

Thanks for the awesome stuff!

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) PowerDork
1/19/22 11:47 a.m.

According to the Post Office, the Supplemental Small Box should reach its recipient tomorrow... but knowing that it's headed through a snowstorm I'll be wholly unsurprised if it takes until Friday.

Shortly after I posted yesterday someone from the recipient's Post Office called- they said that with the box being a large box and weighing as much as it did that it was unlikely that it had just gotten misplaced like a smaller piece of mail could be and that what had probably happened was that the label had come off and the box had been sent to their facility for undeliverable mail. I used the missing mail form on the website to give them info on the contents and the box itself (I can only imagine the snickers a few of my notes on what was written on the box will bring...) in hopes of their being able to find it and get it where it's supposed to be going...

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/19/22 11:49 a.m.

In reply to java230 :

I have a matching numbers 73 IH carb for sale! devil

hobiercr
hobiercr UltraDork
1/19/22 2:39 p.m.

Shipped! The mail employee  was wearing a Devo power pyramid face mask. I took that as a good sign.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) Dork
1/19/22 4:32 p.m.

Shot finally fired! I can look at this thread again without guilt...

Shadeux
Shadeux Dork
1/21/22 12:19 p.m.

Ooo, lookie here...

Contents to follow...

barefootskater5000
1/21/22 1:17 p.m.

Finally en route. Sincere apologies for the delay. 

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek HalfDork
1/21/22 2:07 p.m.

Ok. Let's try this again. The internet ate my first attempt, and life (and unfortunately a death) have gotten in the way of posting. A sincere thank you to my gifter. You supplied a bright spot into a dark part of my life right now. 

Enough with the sadness. On to the goodies!

Feline interference and a packaging malfunction that didn't appear to have caused any loss of contents.

Inwards! Ooo, shiny!

But first, what's that hiding in the back? A pile of HotWheels, and some really good ones at that. Why weren't they this cool when I was a kid?

Next up, the very polished three pipe exhaust manifold. Looks aftermarket. But for an inline three cylinder, half a V6, or at quarter of a V12?

A couple of license plates, Xfinity branded travel dominos set, and more HotWheels!

And now for the mystery part in the box. It has internal threads and clips that look vacuum port sized. Curious...

Stickers and decals. Very cool.

Automotive lighting components. Looks like someone upgraded to LEDs. Also an Avengers coin and Acura key ring.

And the remaining miscellaneous goodies.

Thanks again GRM Santa. It was a lot of fun for my wife and I to receive and unpack.

- Sean

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
1/21/22 4:17 p.m.

In reply to ShawneeCreek :

Most of the random electrical/headlight bits are from my Mazda6. The mystery part is an internal headlight adjuster. The food is Kleinur (icelandic donuts) they are a little on the crunchy side this time.

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
1/22/22 7:35 a.m.

Ok, so I realize now my box game was weak for a first time :(  Just got a cool box from AE86andKP61, I've got to up my game for next year!  First, the box, cool graphics/quotes on the outside, if you don't laugh, you don't have a sense of humor IMO 

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
1/22/22 7:58 a.m.

Now to the inside of the box!  First, a nice note from the sender:

Then, into the box! 

Stickers!

Love the "I fixed it" stickers, as well as the Pedalin' Pig, next time I'm in that area, going to have to try some barbecue!

Some felt and some padding with adhesive backing.  Looks like this would be great to put in somewhere to prevent rubbing between stuff?

Steel wool and scotchbrite pads!  I definitely need to clean some stuff :) 

An offset cone filter full of more goodies!  I didn't know they made an offset cone filter, I need this for my race car!  Also, getting ready to put in another outlet in the shop, this will come in handy!

Sabelt 5 point harness.  Makes me think of the old advertisements with the buxom woman wearing a Sabelt and nothing else.  I wonder if she's in the box too?  Nope crying

Sanding discs for the grinder!  Woo-hoo!  Gummy bears, zip ties, scotchloks (love these!), some weatherstripping, more advesive backed padding, a spray sock, an Oldsmobile Master Tech badge, and a car

10mm sockets, fuses, cable clamps, more gummies, some castle nuts and bolts, some masonry bits, a horseshoe (right side up to keep all the luck in!), a reamer?, some cord, some gauges, a drill bit of some sort, something I don't recognize, and a cool piston & rod assembly!  What's it from?  

And lastly, $1000 in quarters!  Unfortunately, the bag didn't have any quarters in it, but it did have some cool other things.  Thanks AE86andKP61, loved the box!

ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter)
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/22/22 11:09 a.m.

In reply to HoserRacing :

I didn't do any stalking this year and went with items I thought any of us would enjoy, so glad you liked the box! The note is on one of the leftover note pads from my dad's old auto repair business, and the adhesive felt can be quite useful between squeaky/rattly interior panels in my experience. Abrasives and clamps are always useful, and one of my favorites to receive, so I always throw some in. The gray dense adhesive backed padding is also really useful for taking up extra space and preventing rubbing/chafing of sensitive parts like hoses. I bought the offset air filter in hopes it would fit an old project that was tight on space, and it didn't, but it was too cool not to share. No idea if the gauges work...they came out of a buddy's early 70's project car that he bought after it had been sitting for a while. I also threw in a roll of Teflon tape, which is always useful for any connection with pipe/tapered threads. If you haven't used Super 33 electrical tape before, prepare to be spoiled!

As for the items in the next to last picture, some of these are my legacy parts from previous year's boxes. Clockwise starting bottom left: The masonry bits, giant reamer, the crazy lightweight piston/rod, the bolts/nuts, the Morse taper cutting tool, and the hand-made tool steel cutting/parting tool (probably originally for a lathe) came to me in a previous box, along with the U.S. Mint bag. I kept some of the other cool old tools that came with that box (mostly for display) and kept the tradition going by regifting some of them. I have no idea what the piston/rod came from; but wild guess is a dragster of some sort. Notice how insanely light they are? I can't imagine that the rod is steel, but is it aluminum? Hollow? Titanium? Something else? The oil slinger on the cap makes me think of something like a Briggs and Stratton on a lawnmower or pressure washer or something.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed, hopefully it was fun and useful, and let me know if there is anything else you can't id.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
P79UWkCUcxhPeWHzJleC7MyWgB0PmQyS46VdZ1FsfaV6wqAAPpPe5vbkif82VCXm