HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
2/14/22 5:24 p.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) :

Hope the spices & peppers do you well, had some help stalking you, which should be obvious by the Jimmie Rodgers CD's.  Thanks for organizing this for everybody!  Hope the wife, kids & dogs also enjoy!

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
2/14/22 9:05 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

Still no change in status on the box I sent... I had planned on calling the Post Office today to try and get them figuring out WTF was going on with it, but of course they're closed today so that will have to wait until tomorrow now.

Put together a supplemental small Priority Mail box and went to mail it Saturday- but while I was able to get the postage label from the self-serve kiosk at the Post Office when I went to drop the package in the drop box it was either full and jammed closed or locked. We would have trekked across town to another Post Office but had just gotten our Covid booster shots and wanted to get back home before any side effects hit (both of us were pretty much taken out for the following day after the 2nd shot, and correctly assumed that the booster would have the same result), so the box will be going out tomorrow and should hopefully be there by Saturday. 

Did you ever hear anything from the post office? 

I wonder if there's an alternate dimension full of missing mail... 

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
2/15/22 6:18 a.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

Note to self:

If I get AClockworkGarage next year include an even dozen bottles of hand sanitizer and a fluffy pillow

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
2/16/22 12:50 p.m.

Well guys, it's looking to be that time of game.  I'm showing 10 packages that have yet to make it to the thread so far.  Two of those packages have an exceptionally long way to travel, so I figure we there's a good chance that others are still in transit.  I'll go back through and update my notes, but on Monday I'll check in with those who I'm showing haven't yet received their goodies yet just to see what's arrived and what we need to alert the post office to go looking for.

If you've received your package and haven't yet posted, I'd like to kindly ask you to take a moment and throw some pictures up so we can all enjoy the loot too wink

Good times,

-Bill

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
2/25/22 4:39 p.m.

Well, I can do nothing but apologize for not posting here.  I just went back to work after being out for a bit and got the package right at that time.  I completely forgot.  My appologies as there was a ton of effort put into this one and a lot of creativity.

Here goes.  You'll figure it out by the end.  I'm not telling...

OK, who puts on that fancy  gold tape like on the space shuttle or the endurance cars at the Rolex 24?  And, the notes.  Nice touch!!!!

More gold heat shielding!

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
2/25/22 4:43 p.m.

Well, now it won't let me add more photos???  Did I break GRM?

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/25/22 4:54 p.m.

In reply to Scott_H :

i'm betting Javelin

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
2/25/22 5:24 p.m.

I think I just needed smaller image sizes.  Let me continue.

OK, I know what this is.  Back around 2000 VW wanted to show off the new Beetle.  At the NY Auto Show VW brought in a small injection molding machine in their auto show booth.  They were making and giving out freshly-molded Bugs.  It was a huge hit and the line went on forever to get your hands on the hottest (literally, they were still hot) car show trinket.  How cool is it for me to finally get one and I didn't have to wait in line.  

Wear this around your neck to keep cool.

This didn't last long, SWMBO took it.  It's a coffee travel mug from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  OK, any guesses on who this is?

Into my daugher's car as part of her travel tool kit.

Wait, these don't come with black iron filings all over them.  They will soon enough.

Maybe this karma will get me a Corvette or the Rally 911 elsewhere in this box.  You should have this figured out by now.

And, the perfect gift for a mid-life, post-COVID career change.  If you don't have this figured out by now, turn in your Dork card to Margie.

It was obvious to me that a lot of effort and creativity went into this.  Thanks so much for it all.  It really helped boost the holidays!!!

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
2/25/22 5:27 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Nope! laugh

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
2/27/22 2:35 p.m.
AClockworkGarage said:
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

Note to self:

If I get AClockworkGarage next year include an even dozen bottles of hand sanitizer and a fluffy pillow

So.....that's a no on the pillow? Lol

java230
java230 PowerDork
2/28/22 10:19 p.m.

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

My dude. That hot sauce is on point. Went awesome with BBQ pulled chicken tonight. 

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) Dork
3/1/22 10:19 a.m.

In reply to java230 :

Sweet, glad you liked it. That was Thai pepper pineapple. My next one is going to be habenero peach.

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
3/13/22 10:09 p.m.

I feel terrible for dropping off the face of the earth   Very sorry Geoff I did get your box of goodies and should have posted and at least said thank you.  No excuses just not myself and not like myself to do this.  Again I'm sorry.  

That said here is what I received in the exchange this year.  

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
3/13/22 10:21 p.m.

Plus these

For those who've met me you know I'm not cooL enough for this hat.  For those who haven't met me, I'm not cool enough for this hat.  

You killed it Geoff!  Thank you very much and sorry I was a d-bag.  It wasn't deserved and againI apologize.

P5Racer (formerly BMWGeoff)
P5Racer (formerly BMWGeoff) Reader
3/14/22 7:00 a.m.

In reply to wawazat :

No worries, I'm glad you enjoyed it. And for the record, I'm not cool enough for that hat either.

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass HalfDork
3/19/22 12:23 p.m.

I felt insufficient (and Ive not read every post in this thread), so today I shipped out a second package for my victim.

More junk. More shipping.

I'll do better next NYE.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
3/21/22 10:49 p.m.

In reply to hybridmomentspass :

Thanks for the completely unexpected and unnecessary second package!

Crap, i didnt take very good pictures and the items have been pilfered by the kids. I love the 101 things to do on your car book.

Thanks again!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/23/22 4:00 p.m.

Rumor has it my shiny happy person has received their box

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/23/22 8:44 p.m.

In reply to Scott_H :

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I was at the auto show as soon as they opened midweek and my brother and I ended up with a bunch of those beetles.  

3/27/22 10:10 p.m.

The freagle has landed! Let's get to it!

dang, that's a huge box! And it's so full, some stuff had to be taped to the outside! Samples of welding rod from Blue Demon Welding Products:

Inside the box, the first layer contains a bunch of savory stuff: tea bags of all sorts (because who doesn't enjoy a nice tea bag?):

and a jar of homemade plum jam dated summer 2021 -- and OMG it's delicious:

The obligatory sticker selection, including a pair of OGRM Misfit Toys Wartburg:

a book by James May, which will be regifted in next year's game:

A pair of souvenir glasses from 2004 Cleveland GP:

and that's the end of Part 1, because I'm old and it's 10PM and I have to get up early tomorrow. To be continued. Thanks Patrick!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/28/22 8:19 a.m.

My friend Camilo(whose twitter handle is literally @MyFriendCamilo) has a golden plum tree in his front yard that produces like mad.  Abby and I went there and picked 20 pounds of plums and they were made into jam within a few hours of being on the tree, so it doesn't get much more fresh than that.  The only ingredients are fresh plums, lemon juice, and organic pure cane sugar.  I'm quite proud of that batch

3/28/22 10:23 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Better than any farmers market jam by far. I ate it straight out of the jar, no bread needed.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/1/22 8:10 p.m.

Ok it's 4 days later man get on with it

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
4/1/22 8:20 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Let the old man rest and restore his energy levels.

4/1/22 9:03 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Been working like a dog the last few days, tryna get ahead so I'm not buried by taking time off next week to teach the vehicle dynamics class.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sxzB5wop8S228Nl1olERUjWN9pzuK28Gu8YI8rK9AX32xbmnksTVCXaqD8zMmQCQ