Payload en route to warmer climates

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) MegaDork
12/28/22 1:14 p.m.

Going for heaviest box of bullE36 M3. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/28/22 2:05 p.m.

Target acquired, minor stalking accomplished, probably won't affect what goes into the box. Prepare to be underwhelmed.

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
12/28/22 2:10 p.m.

Ever notice the post office attracts the slowest and most clueless people? I'm referring to the customers in line, not the employees. Took 20 minutes to serve the 3 people in front of me. I was done in under 2 when my turn came up.

P5Racer (formerly BMWGeoff)
P5Racer (formerly BMWGeoff) Reader
12/28/22 2:36 p.m.

Target acquired... preparing random car stuff and something Canadian, eh.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/28/22 6:22 p.m.
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) said:

Ever notice the post office attracts the slowest and most clueless people? I'm referring to the customers in line, not the employees. Took 20 minutes to serve the 3 people in front of me. I was done in under 2 when my turn came up.

I hate the post office. I have to go there entirely too many times and I swear people forget how to adult once they walk in the door. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/29/22 10:27 a.m.
Mndsm said:
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) said:

I hate the post office. I have to go there entirely too many times and I swear people forget how to adult once they walk in the door. 

Once I was standing in line to drop off packages I already paid postage for, when a guy walked in just as the final customer in front of me was leaving. He jumps me in line as he says "I'm just dropping these off, already paid postage" and dumps some boxes on the counter and leaves.

The lady behind the counter and I just sort of stared at him as he walked out, and I think she immediately "lost" one of his packages. 

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
12/30/22 12:05 a.m.

Package away, and yes the line of clueless folks at the Post Office was impressive, the postal clerk was intrigued by my package and the story behind it though.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue HalfDork
12/30/22 12:35 a.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

I guess we're kind of spoiled here. Our post office has a big bin set up just inside the lobby door so that people can just drop prepaid stuff and be on their way, no waiting. Pretty slick!

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) SuperDork
12/30/22 6:09 a.m.

Awaiting a couple target specific things then off for delivery.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
12/30/22 1:25 p.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

Yeah that is nice, but for me personally I'm usually waiting for a receipt anyway so I can prove that the po received the package if necessary.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
12/30/22 1:26 p.m.

Fired up the ol jag today to drop something off.

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
12/30/22 2:48 p.m.

Package has left the building, victim, err, lucky recipient should receive next week!  Scary part is, the only thing I bought was some Hot Wheels to go in there, all the other random stuff was already in the shop and house!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
12/30/22 3:08 p.m.

I did a large amount of regifting, hopefully the stickers are cool enough to make up for it. 

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
12/30/22 6:05 p.m.

My "gift" has been "delivered"

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
12/30/22 6:06 p.m.

Still working on my box.

ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter)
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/30/22 9:59 p.m.

In past years I've stalked and haven't, and found I had more fun with no stalking, and filling the box with a mix of fun, frivolous, regifting, something really useful for just about anyone, something potentially BS, and lots of cool stickers, so I'm going with that strategy again. Should have it packed this weekend to ship out next week.

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/31/22 1:29 a.m.

Pretty confident I've acquired my target. 

Let's see what I cen put together...

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
12/31/22 11:23 a.m.

Package away, bearing 238, range 772640 yards!   Only a couple of strange looks at the Post Office, LOL.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue HalfDork
12/31/22 11:58 a.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

Yeah that is nice, but for me personally I'm usually waiting for a receipt anyway so I can prove that the po received the package if necessary.

If you purchase your prepaid labels at USPS.com, you'll have a tracking number before you even go to the post office. I'm not a USPS cheerleader, but they do have some nice features online (Informed Delivery, free Priority Mail packaging materials delivered to you, etc.) that can save considerable time and headache.

Target acquired and identified, but the combination of prolific posts and the Playskool search engine are making meaningful sleuthing difficult. This one will be heavily biased toward random crap.

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
12/31/22 11:59 a.m.

Don't forget pitateship.com will save about 10% on the preprinted label.

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
12/31/22 12:50 p.m.

I've been able, for the first time, to identify the victi... er, recipient of my box. Probably won't affect much, but it's kinda cool. Sick as a dog today, hoping to get a box together and sent this week.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
12/31/22 1:03 p.m.

2022 box is en route.

Underside of 2023 box has been reinforced and first item has been installed.

P5Racer (formerly BMWGeoff)
P5Racer (formerly BMWGeoff) Reader
12/31/22 4:46 p.m.

To my victim, due to unforeseen circumstances, I have not been able to get to the post office, and am leaving for 2 weeks. It will be sent upon my return in mid-January.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/31/22 4:53 p.m.

this showed up today. Unfortunately because of this-decorum dictates I don't open yet. Guess I gotta get my E36 M3 together. 

2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Gt9kCH7Z0yANBfuTkAALQ2DU0CpKxi5lgKHzMHtgB145ux0rAXNZnHT3DjgbEN0f