1 2
EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
9/19/18 8:25 a.m.

I have dome some internet stalking and have found his address. I plan om semding some flowers and a card and will sign it as the Members Of GRM. 

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane Dork
9/19/18 8:43 a.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

I have dome some internet stalking and have found his address. I plan om semding some flowers and a card and will sign it as the Members Of GRM. 

Are you taking contributions? I know we can't exactly drop off a dinner, but maybe a gift card to provide with it?

Furious_E
Furious_E SuperDork
9/19/18 8:54 a.m.

Wow, sorry to hear the news, I had no idea he was having health issues. His Subie was sweet and helped inspire my winter wheel choice. I forgot he's originally from SWMBO's hometown too until the obituary jogged my memory. RIP.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/19/18 9:31 a.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

Thank you. And sad news. This community is the best. 

Thanks, everyone. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/19/18 9:34 a.m.

Sad news. He always had great things to contribute here. 

RIP Hal.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
9/19/18 9:42 a.m.
WonkoTheSane said:
EastCoastMojo said:

Are you taking contributions? I know we can't exactly drop off a dinner, but maybe a gift card to provide with it?

The obituary mentioned donations to a particular animal rescue he was involved with in lieu of flowers/whatnot.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
9/19/18 9:43 a.m.

That is sad news. RIP Hal. sad

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
9/19/18 9:48 a.m.

Damn...he didn't post on here a whole lot, but I liked it when he did. RIP Hal sad

Dirtydog
Dirtydog Dork
9/19/18 9:56 a.m.

Condolences to his family and friends, as well as the community he was involved with.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/19/18 10:37 a.m.

Very sad- he got a Transit Connect from us... sad

Long Live Hal.  

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
9/19/18 8:09 p.m.

RIP Hal.

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
9/20/18 9:22 p.m.
dculberson said:

I'm very sorry to hear this. I'll always remember his crazy turbo Focus and he was the only person I knew with the passenger Ford Transit Connect. He'll be missed. :-(

He was one of the first GRM'ers I met years ago, when I first built my e30 for rallycross. he had been following my build thread and came out to an event at Summit Point to shoot the breeze and hang out with me and some other GRM'ers there. At lunch he gave me a lift to the paddock in his Transit Connect (which was red, I beleive) and he did love talking about that thing, and about his plans to build an off-road Subaru (which he eventually did). He was a nice guy who even at his age was still enjoying life and hanging out with the "younger folk." 

Woody
Woody MegaDork
9/20/18 9:29 p.m.

His Subaru was pretty cool.

Hal said:

Don't know much about Foresters but a 2" lift on my Outback gives 12" clearance which is plenty for the gravel roads in the mountains/state parks in MD, WV, and PA.  Lift is strut spacers on the front and a combo of strut spacers and subframe spacers on the rear. I am running the stock size 225/65-17 Yokohama G015 tires and have no clearance problems.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/21/18 9:37 a.m.

Hal's Subie is bad ass.

failboat
failboat UberDork
9/24/18 6:02 p.m.

Heres some more info for locals if interested

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yHhftT7X23egfhTKQATklyWbuDopatNN1vijPNw8RGIj4jx6wLiINGCGwWgHcqc3