hobiercr
hobiercr UltraDork
12/21/21 10:16 p.m.

Great to see everyone, as always! Steve, sorry we didn't get to chat. We were deep into Angry at that point.

Everyone have a wonderful holiday season and let's hope 2022 calms down a bit (isn't that what we said about 2021?)!

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
12/21/21 11:00 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr :

I saw it late and could only jump on for a short time, but enjoyed what I did get to see. Crazy project. 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/21/21 11:11 p.m.

Good to see all your pretty faces.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
12/22/21 6:50 a.m.

Missed this. sad 

I should know better than to think I had a chance of finishing work in time. I keep getting complicated cases in the afternoon. 

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/22/21 7:49 a.m.

From Challenge prep on a railcar to Hollywood Hootus, last night's conversation delivered.

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass HalfDork
12/22/21 8:07 a.m.

I was so pumped and then I was so forgetful and out looking at a wedding venue. Dangit. 

tb
tb Dork
12/23/21 1:07 p.m.

It was on my calendar, but I just wasn't in the mood to talk. Totally me, not you guys. I'll show you all of my new toys after this E36 M3 show of a holiday season is over, wish you all a merry xmas.

tb
tb Dork
8/12/22 10:01 p.m.

Is there any interest in trying to start up again? I am sure there is a considerable amount of smack to be talked at this point in the year... texting and emails just are not the same

Admittedly, I have a very flexible schedule so if John isn't free to host I would volunteer to temporarily take over that role. I make a poor substitute for the estimable Mr. Hoopes, but it is just an idea.

Thoughts from the group?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/12/22 10:32 p.m.

I can see if my calendar is free. :) 

AbbyHempy
AbbyHempy New Reader
8/14/22 5:32 p.m.

Hey Fellas,

It's been a while. Finally got logged in - thanks Tom.

Missed last year's competition - my Cadillac wasn't anywhere near ready, nor even in the same state. It was a little tough with all the traveling I was doing...I thought that was a lot until this year.

I will have been to 18/36 races this year, so that's taken up a lot of weekends. Not including vacation, I've been out of the office a LOT. But, there's nothing like spending a weekend watching cars go around in an oval, bringing grown men to tears with referencing the rulebook, and the crashes. Seriously though, it's been stressful and awesome. I'm forever grateful to that stupid bimmer I put rocks on. It got me here and so did all of you.

I want to come back to at least watch the race this year. I bought a 1970 Cadillac in the U.P. last year around May and fixed it with Tucker and some other friends. We transported it down and drove it 3 miles until the radiator blew up. New cap, fins were weak and it imploded. I got a new radiator, new fittings, but no time. The most I've accomplished with moving to my new place (this past January) is putting the dang thing in the garage. I thought I found my soulmate in roommates (picture below) but she ended up moving herself and her Blazer to her boyfriend's place. Alas, no working partner and no motivation. 

If anyone is in the area and wants to drink beer and watch me struggle with the cooling system on this thing, I would sure appreciate the minimal help, but mostly company and accountability.

Also, TB said he might be able to give me a lift down to competition. I blew my money last year on plane flights traveling up to the UP and I'm paying for it now. Hoping I can make it work. The plan for the Caddy is to fix it up, give her a few joy rides and pass her to someone else. Save money for the next adventure.

Thanks again. I hope we can catch up on the chat. I'd love to see you all again.

Abs 

AbbyHempy
AbbyHempy New Reader
8/14/22 5:33 p.m.

hobiercr
hobiercr UltraDork
8/14/22 10:34 p.m.

In reply to AbbyHempy :

You're near Charlotte?

AbbyHempy
AbbyHempy New Reader
8/27/22 2:24 p.m.

Yes I am, I'm in Kannapolis NC

AbbyHempy
AbbyHempy New Reader
1/8/23 8:54 p.m.

Hey, I'm trying to sell this Caddy by the end of the month. If anyone is interested, let me know!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1542385806174399

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
1/8/23 9:08 p.m.

Paging Stampie.  Stampie to the white courtesy phone.  Paging Stampie

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
1/8/23 9:11 p.m.

In reply to AbbyHempy :

Just so you know Caddies of that era don't have problems with hardened valve seats.

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
4/2/23 4:22 p.m.

We should start this up again

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
4/2/23 4:46 p.m.

Yes!

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
4/2/23 5:20 p.m.

Pretty please?

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
4/2/23 7:48 p.m.

I'm in 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
4/3/23 9:39 a.m.

If I am free I am in.  It would be great to see you all.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/4/23 10:56 p.m.

Wow, where’d the time go? 

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/5/23 10:11 a.m.

I'd hop man in for these (whether me hopping in is for better or worse is up for debate, John or whoever host can have the mute ready :lol: ) 

hobiercr
hobiercr UltraDork
4/5/23 11:23 a.m.

I've got two projects apart in the shop that I'm trying to get buttoned up. I've got a deadline for one so if we could shoot for the week of the 16th that works best for me.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
4/5/23 11:35 a.m.

In reply to hobiercr :

I think that works for me as well.

Need any help with your stuff?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oyNJz33Vas2AzkjsoyaNCxgCjTHh9TpBSGFPOwBSkd1yUQVJJKh3kQoqmpUZFJSN