1 2 3
poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
5/1/13 7:25 p.m.

There's a new trailer on xbox. Apparently you'll have a choice of 3 characters; an "Aging Tony Soprano" type, a "South Central LA" type, and a "Hillbilly Crank Hustler" type. It looks berkeleying good. I am stoked.

GTA San Andreas is on my top 3 of all time list.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
5/1/13 7:29 p.m.

San Andreas is phenomenal. I was sort of underwhelmed by GTA 4..... but San Andreas... ZOMG.

failboat
failboat SuperDork
5/1/13 7:33 p.m.

I loved 4. if only for the much improved gameplay and graphics. i guess I cant wait to be a hillbilly crank hustler.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
5/1/13 7:44 p.m.
mndsm wrote: San Andreas is phenomenal. I was sort of underwhelmed by GTA 4..... but San Andreas... ZOMG.

Agreed. I may very well be a hillbilly crank hustler someday, but I will never be MC Ren...or whichever member of NWA the main character in San Andreas is supposed to be. berkeley it. I'll go ahead and say it's the greatest video game ever. And it looks as though you'll be able to play an older version of Carl in GTA V. I am stoked.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav HalfDork
5/1/13 7:50 p.m.

I really hope they bring back some lighthearted ridiculousness to the series. GTA4 was too serious and depressing, not to mention the missions were much more "on rails" than the prior games.

Of course, my personal favorite was Vice City

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
5/1/13 8:04 p.m.

Hopefully this is a revamped version of San Andreas, since it looks to be based there, kind of like GTA IV.

Hopefully they can revamp Vice City. That was by far my favorite.

joey48442
joey48442 UberDork
5/1/13 8:46 p.m.

I just like saying "screw the game plot, lets get as many stars as possible and see if I can make the save point"

Joey

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
5/1/13 9:26 p.m.

I still have Vice City on the HD here.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
5/1/13 9:33 p.m.
joey48442 wrote: I just like saying "screw the game plot, lets get as many stars as possible and see if I can make the save point" Joey

There was a mall in Vice City that was perfect for camping. I'd max the starts, wait for a tank- snatch that, and go NUTS. It was amazing.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
5/1/13 9:44 p.m.

Hehehe, I'd always ask the wife if I should the get $20, $50, or $70 "service"

Of course you then promptly get your money back.

Can't wait for the new one.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic Dork
5/2/13 2:35 a.m.

Im kinda peeved they pushed the release back so far, this does however give me more time to source a PS3(Yes, I preordered a game for a system I do not yet own). However, I know it will be the best GTA yet, so I can wait, I just dont want to.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
5/2/13 7:12 a.m.

In the meantime, I played Saints Row a couple months ago. Once you get over the fact that it's trying to be GTA, it's actually pretty solid. They actually out GTA'd GTA in the sick humor department.

Suckage: My copy of San Andreas freezes in the same spot every time. Pretty deep into the game you have to steal a tanker truck in a little hick town. I get about halfway to the destination and the game freezes :(

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
5/2/13 7:26 a.m.

I miss playing the Italiano thug types. I'm pre-ordered. I love the multiplayer on IV and can't wait for V.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
5/2/13 7:30 a.m.

In reply to poopshovel:

I played the E36 M3 out of Saints Row 2 but still haven't played 3.

I haven't played GTA since GTA2. I should try out the new one.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
5/2/13 7:34 a.m.

I liked the storyline in 3 better than 4, gameplay in 4 better than 3. I did manage to finish 4, but I could never get past the burning crackhouse mission on 3.

Not preordered. Will buy it when it hits the $20 rack.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
5/2/13 7:37 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote: In reply to poopshovel: I played the E36 M3 out of Saints Row 2 but still haven't played 3. I haven't played GTA since GTA2. I should try out the new one.

Saints Row 3 is the only one I've played - I really dig the fact that like GTA II, you have to build your gang and takeover/protect different areas.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH UltimaDork
5/2/13 7:45 a.m.

I've heard Saints Row 3 being called one of the best games OF ALL TIME.

Really gotta get my system back up to play GTA5. Liked 3 and San Andres, couldn't get into 4, too much grinding and the hilarity of the character not wearing a seatbelt is overpowered by the annoyance of flying out of a vehicle so easily after a couple of hours.

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
5/2/13 8:42 a.m.

I have Saints Row 3. GREAT FRIGGIN GAME!!! That said, I can not WAIT for GTAV. Hopefully we don't have to work out and eat and all that crap like San Andreas. That was the only thing I didn't like about that game. THE ONLY THING. That was my favorite game of all time ever.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
5/2/13 8:50 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: I've heard Saints Row 3 being called one of the best games OF ALL TIME.

I absolutely hated Saints Row 2 and immediately after playing for about 30 minutes, gave up any thought about playing any newer or older versions. Couldn't stand the game play, graphics, or controls.

Anyone who claims it is the best game ever clearly needs a mental evaluation.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
5/2/13 8:52 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: too much grinding and the hilarity of the character not wearing a seatbelt is overpowered by the annoyance of flying out of a vehicle so easily after a couple of hours.

You should just wait and let him buckle upbefore you take off, then.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
5/2/13 9:49 a.m.
Conquest351 wrote: I have Saints Row 3. GREAT FRIGGIN GAME!!! That said, I can not WAIT for GTAV. Hopefully we don't have to work out and eat and all that crap like San Andreas. That was the only thing I didn't like about that game. THE ONLY THING. That was my favorite game of all time ever.

Color me weird, but I actually liked that aspect of it. If I was drunk at 2AM and just needed a break from a mission, I'd go pump some imaginary iron. A lot of that kind of stuff was missing from Saints Row. And the driving portion of the gameplay was berkeleying horrible compared to GTA. But some of the missions were pretty intense, and I really dug some of the weapons. Being able to call in a tank/call in air-strikes was pretty badass, and there were some berkeleying hilarious characters. The dude that spoke through his auto-tune cane was awesome.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
5/2/13 9:49 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
GameboyRMH wrote: too much grinding and the hilarity of the character not wearing a seatbelt is overpowered by the annoyance of flying out of a vehicle so easily after a couple of hours.
You should just wait and let him buckle upbefore you take off, then.

Yeah. I don't ever remember flying out of a vehicle(?)

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH UltimaDork
5/2/13 9:52 a.m.

Didn't realize that, I guess I was used to holding down the gas while the door was still closing from the previous games.

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
5/2/13 10:15 a.m.

Vice City is my favorite, San Andreas was awesome and huge and there were a lot of extra features I liked (like the parachuting), the last one I didn't even really get into....played a few missions and kind of lost interest. Cannot wait for V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
5/2/13 10:21 a.m.
poopshovel wrote:
Conquest351 wrote: I have Saints Row 3. GREAT FRIGGIN GAME!!! That said, I can not WAIT for GTAV. Hopefully we don't have to work out and eat and all that crap like San Andreas. That was the only thing I didn't like about that game. THE ONLY THING. That was my favorite game of all time ever.
Color me weird, but I actually liked that aspect of it. If I was drunk at 2AM and just needed a break from a mission, I'd go pump some imaginary iron. A lot of that kind of stuff was missing from Saints Row. And the driving portion of the gameplay was berkeleying horrible compared to GTA. But some of the missions were pretty intense, and I really dug some of the weapons. Being able to call in a tank/call in air-strikes was pretty badass, and there were some berkeleying hilarious characters. The dude that spoke through his auto-tune cane was awesome.

Yes, I absolutely HATE driving a car in Saints Row 3. I'll grab a helicoptor or that Ultor airbike when I need to go somewhere. I have it on my computer, never played it on console. All the GTA's were played on Playstation, except IV, that's on XBox 360. I will get GTAV on XBox most likely.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L4ZtGXayPv90MG8wBUS36xAOdMdgNESLz1tehE5hQ1nLVHWAZi2QdiQlDuSjeqTe