1 2 3
psteav
psteav New Reader
10/22/08 12:33 p.m.

EDIT: THIS THREAD WAS RESTARTED BY SPAMMERS. PLEASE IGNORE IT. OR, IN THE WORDS OF OUR TRUSTED SPAM HUNTERS:

Trans_Maro wrote: Necroposting canoes
Beer Baron wrote: This Halloween I am going as a zombie thread.

NOW, BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POST

I've been trying to come up with a Halloween Costume to beat last year's.

My roommate and I dressed up as the Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots (just cardboard, newspaper, and paper mache, but the costumes looked pretty good and were actually pretty tough), put on big foam punching gloves, and went out on the town. He'd walk into a random party, start socializing and dancing, and a few minutes later I'd come in and sucker-punch him, then we'd brawl, eventually chasing each other to the next party. It was a hoot.

This year, I've been trying to figure out what I can do that would be that clever and that much fun, but so far I'm batting .000. Anyone have any ideas that they wouldn't mind me using?

CivicSiRacer
CivicSiRacer Reader
10/22/08 1:02 p.m.

One of my kids said she was going to be a Rubix Cube. Get a big box, construction paper and glue :)

therex
therex SuperDork
10/22/08 1:04 p.m.

I was going to go as a Vault Dweller:

But I realized that Fallout 3 would be coming out BEFORE halloween, and I'll probably be at home playing it instead of going to a costume party.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH Dork
10/22/08 1:25 p.m.
psteav wrote: My roommate and I dressed up as the Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots (just cardboard, newspaper, and paper mache, but the costumes looked pretty good and were actually pretty tough), put on big foam punching gloves, and went out on the town. He'd walk into a random party, start socializing and dancing, and a few minutes later I'd come in and sucker-punch him, then we'd brawl, eventually chasing each other to the next party. It was a hoot.

Oh man, I wish I thought of that :(

Obscure cosplay stuff can be very cool but can also go over a lot of people's heads.

Kramer
Kramer Reader
10/22/08 1:33 p.m.

My costume consists of two umbrellas (dome-type), painted with vinyl paint to look like boobs. Best Costume Ever! I should take pictures.

I nearly got kicked out of an NFL game on Halloween many years ago. Lots of other people were in their costumes-why did they pick on me?

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
10/22/08 1:42 p.m.
therex wrote: I was going to go as a Vault Dweller:

Badass! I'd like to pull together a Gordon Freeman Costume. But not sure I could.

I think the easy thing would be for my girlfriend and I to be Mulder and Scully. She's got red hair. We'd just need suits and trench coats. Whenever we're more than 50' away, we'd call each other on cell phones. Then I go around with a boyish pout and occasion run off to leave her feeling abandoned. I accuse her of not believing and she accuses me of flights of fancy.

No one will get it.

Volksroddin
Volksroddin Reader
10/22/08 3:42 p.m.

I'm gona be a....mufflerbearing!!

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
10/22/08 3:45 p.m.

A girl at another forum I post to is going to strap some empty Jaegermeister bottles and Red Bull cans to her waist and string some old CAT 5 cables to it. She is... The Jaegerbomber!

I would SO steal that idea from her, except I'm working Halloween night and the cops would probably arrest me on the spot (remember the 2007 Adult Swim Lite-Brite bomb scare in Boston?).

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
10/22/08 4:14 p.m.

I once painted up a box to look like a small table, glued a small alarm clock, beer bottles and condom wrappers to the top, and wore that -- I was a one night stand.

Boy, that was a bad idea.

psteav
psteav New Reader
10/22/08 4:22 p.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: I once painted up a box to look like a small table, glued a small alarm clock, beer bottles and condom wrappers to the top, and wore that -- I was a one night stand. Boy, that was a bad idea.

Other roommate actually did that very thing last year. Think the costume is still in the garage.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
10/22/08 4:37 p.m.

Drivers suit and a long wig = Danica, other drivers suit, long dark wig, spanish accent and stuffed bra = Milka

Heatmiser and Snowmiser, but you better learn the song, and be comfortable in tights http://www.geocities.com/televisioncity/set/9051/ http://www.biggerboat.net/snowmiser/snowmiser.htm

Cobra Commander and Duke

Keith
Keith SuperDork
10/22/08 4:53 p.m.
Salanis wrote:
therex wrote: I was going to go as a Vault Dweller:
Badass! I'd like to pull together a Gordon Freeman Costume. But not sure I could. I think the easy thing would be for my girlfriend and I to be Mulder and Scully. She's got red hair. We'd just need suits and trench coats. Whenever we're more than 50' away, we'd call each other on cell phones. Then I go around with a boyish pout and occasion run off to leave her feeling abandoned. I accuse her of not believing and she accuses me of flights of fancy. No one will get it.

Don't forget your flashlights. Gotta have a flashlight scene.

Woody
Woody Dork
10/22/08 5:21 p.m.

Stonehenge.

SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
10/22/08 5:59 p.m.

Jeremy Clarkson complete with accent and silly babble.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
10/22/08 6:04 p.m.

A few years ago, I've just wore a thermometer around my neck with a post-it that said, "-6" and then also a name tag that says, "Hello, My Name is Kevin Bacon"

This year, I was thinking about getting a "Have you seen Caylee Anthony" shirt and carrying around a cooler with a doll inside. Whenever anyone asked what was in the cooler, I was going to say, "Just some pizza I left in the car." Thankfully, my wife nixxed that idea.

Jay
Jay HalfDork
10/22/08 7:07 p.m.

Normally I hate halloween, but a few years ago I did go to a friend's party as Black Stig. Another guy showed up as White Stig. It was pretty funny.

J

Gimp
Gimp Dork
10/22/08 7:11 p.m.

I'm going as a hobo... and to top it off, my Bear Stearns hat should arrive just in time.

Wowak
Wowak Dork
10/22/08 7:35 p.m.

I got invited to a last minute haloween party at Penn State one year. I didn't have a costume, so I wrote "IDAHO" on a piece of paper and taped it to my shirt.

People are less likely to complain about stuff like that when you show up with two kegs of Yuengling.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
10/22/08 7:40 p.m.

I like the mullet wig, wife beater, and tight sweatpants..

No other explanation needed.

but Wowak's idea is funny.

wedit: one last idea.. Get yourself a box full of office supplies and walk around carrying it. When asked.. mumble something about Lehman brothers and how bernnake can go to hell.

other edit.. Or dress like a tool and carry around a crumpled ball of yellow tin foil (say you are nick hogan).. challenge people to races.

bastomatic
bastomatic Dork
10/22/08 8:04 p.m.

Last Year:

Strange happenings on the farm

And a friend's last year: ROBOTRON

This year I think we're going as Miyazaki characters. No-Face, Mononoke, Totoro, and Nausicaä.

atlantamx3
atlantamx3 Dork
10/22/08 11:10 p.m.

Dress entirely in pink. Stick a shoe on your head.

You are now a piece of chewed bubble gum stuck on the bottom of a shoe.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
10/23/08 12:14 a.m.
ArtOfRuin wrote: A girl at another forum I post to is going to strap some empty Jaegermeister bottles and Red Bull cans to her waist and string some old CAT 5 cables to it. She is... The Jaegerbomber! I would SO steal that idea from her, except I'm working Halloween night and the cops would probably arrest me on the spot (remember the 2007 Adult Swim Lite-Brite bomb scare in Boston?).

Oh Christ. That's perfect.

Getting all those empty Jager bottles on such short notice might be...interesting, though.

Wally
Wally SuperDork
10/23/08 12:20 a.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: This year, I was thinking about getting a "Have you seen Caylee Anthony" shirt and carrying around a cooler with a doll inside. Whenever anyone asked what was in the cooler, I was going to say, "Just some pizza I left in the car." Thankfully, my wife nixxed that idea.

That's the winner right there. I'll be working a few blocks from the Greenwich Village Halloween parade so I figure my lack of a costume will probably be better than anything I could come up with.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
10/23/08 12:40 a.m.

Miracle Cloak and a simple whiteface mask. Works every time.

If you are doing it from home, set a speaker near the window closest to the door, and when you see your poor hapless victim approaching, let loose with a soundtrack at full volume.

I suggest Bach's Toccata & Fugue in D minor, or Moussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain.

The great thing about a Miracle Cloak is that you can hide a boom box underneath it, and play the soundtrack upon your entry into whichever Godforsaken place you have chosen to visit that night.

With any luck, you can hit half a dozen places. Good luck.

P.S. Oh yeah, carry lots of Tootsie Rolls with you; you'll need them.

Duke
Duke Dork
10/23/08 6:09 a.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: I was a one night stand. Boy, that was a bad idea.

That reminds me of a looong time ago watching The Price Is Right where the prize package was "a bedroom suite complete with bed, dresser, and one night stand". I thought it was nice of Bob Barker to make sure the new bed got properly broken in.

On the costume front, our last two costumes were a functioning traffic light (made of foamcore over a light wood frame, and wired up to be switched on and off from inside) and a Pop Tart (made of 1-1/2" tan upholstery foam, painted pink on one side, and with painted packing noodles for the sprinkles).

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
T79ivLMRj2doLHWwik7kczCnheHWYqEc3rUimAwtL54iK2kg0DEkJSAChPjwLoKD