1 2 3
captainzib
captainzib Reader
10/30/08 10:27 p.m.

I wanna go as the Stig, with authentic gear, but that would be hella expensive for a Halloween costume, though perhaps it'd motivate me to track my car sooner.

Also, drinking beer with a helmet on would suck, and talking would destroy the costume, not to mention I'm half the Stig's height.

Whatever, they have multiple Stigs. They had Black Stig, White Stig, and even American Stig. Or was that Stig's American cousin.? I don't remember.

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
10/30/08 10:47 p.m.

You'd have to gain weight: It's the Stig's Fat American cousin. Or, you could go as the The Stig's African cousin:

It'd be lighter on the wallet, but it might get a wee bit nippy at night, depending on where you live...

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard
10/31/08 4:37 p.m.
ArtOfRuin said:It'd be lighter on the wallet, but it might get a wee bit nippy at night, depending on where you live...

Which is why Florida is the best.

Ryan9118
Ryan9118 HalfDork
10/31/08 4:57 p.m.

I'm dressin up as a hockey player...

...then I'm goin to the rink to play a game. Clever I know.

mtn
mtn Dork
10/31/08 5:26 p.m.

^^I did that at least 4 times.

And i would rather go play hockey than get drunk at a party... but no place for equipment at college

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/31/08 5:38 p.m.
gamby wrote: I'm going to be "dorky 30-something handing out candy @ his house". w00t!!!

Same here! The puppies are getting dressed up right now. We'll have pictures soon. Yes, we're mean.

mel_horn
mel_horn HalfDork
10/31/08 7:22 p.m.
mel_horn wrote: I'M going to be "dorky fifty-something handing out candy at his daughter's house"

Well, it was OK, one kid's mom dressed up as a HOT witch (thanks) and there was a group of HS cheerleaders that went as...HS cheerleaders. I asked "Lemme get this straight...you're cheerleaders and you're dressed as cheerleaders?", but I didn't have the heart to say "No candy for YOU!" Quite the opposite...

Woody
Woody Dork
10/31/08 8:19 p.m.

Once again, I'm going as a Fireman.

Gotta work 6 pm to 8 am. Hope the kiddies behave...

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/31/08 10:10 p.m.

Puppies love dressing up. I think.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp HalfDork
10/31/08 10:18 p.m.

my dog is currently sleeping on the couch, everytime someone comes to the door he sounds like he is ready to eat some one.

We are just kicking back watching some zombie movies and handing out candy. Sadly, no hot mom's or cheerleaders yet. However I am hoping for a rodeo princess later on

joey48442
joey48442 Dork
11/1/08 1:49 a.m.

I went to work dressed as the "Unregulated Marketplace Cowboy" Wore my straw hat, boots, and wrote "Unregulated Marketplace" across the front of my tshirt, because that was basically the scariest thing I could think of.

Joey

gamby
gamby SuperDork
11/1/08 11:43 a.m.
ArtOfRuin wrote: You'd have to gain weight: It's the Stig's Fat American cousin. Or, you could go as the The Stig's African cousin: It'd be lighter on the wallet, but it might get a wee bit nippy at night, depending on where you live...

I wonder if that was Lewis Hamilton in that bit. I didn';t think of it 'til this moment.

bastomatic
bastomatic Dork
11/1/08 8:31 p.m.

This is what some of us went as.

Halloween 2008

Our friend Katie, Holly, and myself. Bonus points for knowing who all three are.

Luke
Luke Dork
11/1/08 9:50 p.m.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I take it your friend Katie is also a Hayao Miyazaki character, but I don't know which one. 2 out of 3 ain't bad

bastomatic
bastomatic Dork
11/1/08 11:19 p.m.

Yeah, not bad at all. Katie is San, Princess Mononoke. We're all pretty big fans of Miyazaki, but you could probably tell that.

I also had golden nugget candies hidden in my costume. The undergrad drunks all were pretty freaked out when we were walking around downtown last night. Another friend bought some sweet carpenter's stilts, and went as a 9-foot tall Yeti.

Other favorites:

We love costume parties!

Wally
Wally SuperDork
11/2/08 1:39 a.m.

Dr Huneydew and Beaker ftw, I may have to try to make a head like that next year. I saw some real good ones, If I work near the Greenwich village parade next year I am bringing a camera. I will never look at Strawberry Shortcake the same way again

Eldukerino
Eldukerino New Reader
11/2/08 2:27 a.m.

I was rather proud of my costume this year (I'm on the right).

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
11/2/08 5:30 a.m.

Well, this Stig went in footie pajamas that said, "my mummy loves me"

He hung out in the sling carrier and slept through just about all of Scott and Ashley's party. He's no party pooper!

Per (we just went as responsible adults--scary enough)

mtn
mtn Dork
11/2/08 6:03 a.m.
Eldukerino wrote: I was rather proud of my costume this year (I'm on the right).

Its a banana hammock!

mtn
mtn Dork
11/2/08 6:04 a.m.

I'd post a picture of the village people, but the girl in it has um... not much on

alex
alex Reader
11/2/08 12:21 p.m.

...and the problem is...?

gamby
gamby SuperDork
11/2/08 7:10 p.m.
Luke wrote: Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us I take it your friend Katie is also a Hayao Miyazaki character, but I don't know which one. 2 out of 3 ain't bad

Wow. Obscure.

<--not into anime

Clueless as to that costume.

Bring on the Village People chick, BTW.

mtn
mtn Dork
11/2/08 7:28 p.m.

ok... and that is apple juice I'm holding. really.

Black Stig
Black Stig New Reader
11/2/08 9:07 p.m.

as always I was who I am:

Photobucket

gamby
gamby SuperDork
11/2/08 9:55 p.m.

@ mtn--as if I don't miss my college years often enough. (cute cop)

@ Stig--did you hand out candy like that???

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2PLfYtmZdJ89A9rD1nQoPumpHGw36odvGNWVowS0aCs1p1vfL4IH1ISHfMo566C6