RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
6/16/19 11:30 a.m.

I guess I'll be the one to start this thread this year.

But happy father's day to the dad's and step dad's grooming the next generation of race car drivers.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
6/16/19 12:30 p.m.

Absolutely - All hail the Pater Familia!

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
6/16/19 12:42 p.m.

Happy father's day!

I've had a decent day, stayed up trying to watch the 24 all the way through failed and passed out at some point. 

Woke up with two hours to go in the race. Still don't know what happened to the Corvette. Mowed, weed eated and trimmed trees. Edged everything and cleaned up. Decided it was time for a beer, took a sip, looked at the clock and it was  only 10:30.

Oh well, it's father's day.

Been sitting out on the back porch drinking beer and watching the wind blowing the trees for a couple hours. I haven't done this in probably twenty years. Feels pretty good.

Hope everyone else's day is going as good as mine is. Love y'all.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
6/16/19 1:56 p.m.

My birthday was yesterday.  Fathers Day today.  I’m on vacation at the beach house.  Had a very nice “wake up” followed by the kids cooking breakfast.

Can’t ask for much better than this.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/16/19 2:00 p.m.

Woke up early and watched the last 4 hours of Le Mans. Smoked a tri tip roast. Getting ready to eat and enjoying a beer. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/16/19 2:16 p.m.

I miss you, Dad.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
6/16/19 4:17 p.m.

This wasn't the right card for my dad, but I hope someone on here got this:

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/16/19 5:27 p.m.

Got back from a week in the Canadian wilderness last night. My wife informed me that as of next week, she’s off of a certain medication and, OBGYN recommendations be damned, we can commence to trying to make next year a much happier Father’s Day. 

Today we went and visited Angela’s grave, saw my parents, and are seeing my in-laws for dinner. As good a day as I could hope for in the circumstances. 

TJL
TJL Reader
6/16/19 5:33 p.m.

Happy fathers day all. Weather kinda sucks here today so been playing with my almost 4 year old son all day inside.  Good stuff

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
6/16/19 5:59 p.m.

Happy father's day all.

My son and I got pancakes together, went to the park, children's museum, and bought a few books from the used bookstore.  It was pretty good.

Now he's back at his mom's for the night, but my dog and I will celebrate this evening with some netflix together.

eastpark
eastpark Reader
6/16/19 7:49 p.m.
mtn said:

Got back from a week in the Canadian wilderness last night. My wife informed me that as of next week, she’s off of a certain medication and, OBGYN recommendations be damned, we can commence to trying to make next year a much happier Father’s Day. 

Today we went and visited Angela’s grave, saw my parents, and are seeing my in-laws for dinner. As good a day as I could hope for in the circumstances. 

Wow, that’s big news. Best of luck to you. 

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
6/17/19 12:58 a.m.

Happy Father’s Day to all and I hope yours went better than mine.

Wxdude10 - Mike
Wxdude10 - Mike Reader
6/17/19 10:36 a.m.
GameboyRMH said:

This wasn't the right card for my dad, but I hope someone on here got this:

I did.  I "feel the love" from my three boys.  Not a mushy card in the bunch...

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/17/19 10:57 a.m.

I got to clean the gutters.. which actually was great. They needed it and it had been bothering me for some time.

I also found some problem spots that I got to try my new tool out on:

It was awesome. I put in copper mesh backer and spray foamed some openings in the house. The foam is much more controllable with the gun and the long probe makes it easy to get it into places that the awkward spray can doesn't work on. However, the gun cleaner is acetone and if you get the foam "runoff" on your hands it's not coming off with soap. So, definitely don't get it on your hootus.

We also got to have a nice extended family meal and time outside in beautiful weather.

Unfortunately I also got to fish keys out of our locked minivan when my wife did her absent minded professor routine. 45 minutes with a coat hanger and pliers later and we were back on the road.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
phaNVu3xyebViOQEjMmEFQxp0W9kWeZcjvCgqK7SpMG7DDhkovT2oT6sLQPYvkLn