1 2
aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
11/23/11 7:15 p.m.

Yeah a bit early, but tomorrow is likely to be filled with food, wine and football.

So again with feeling to all of you and your families, have a wonderful and safe celebration.

4eyes
4eyes HalfDork
11/23/11 8:26 p.m.

Happy Thanksgiving to all y'all.

Marty!
Marty! Dork
11/23/11 8:38 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Yeah a bit early, but tomorrow is likely to be filled with food, wine and the Packers going to 11-0.

Fixed that for 'ya

aeronca65t
aeronca65t Dork
11/24/11 6:32 a.m.

Happy TG right back at you!

I'll be here.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
11/24/11 7:20 a.m.

Yup, happy gobbling to all. Just finishing up some baking this morning, 'cause we're not eating until late afternoon (but don't tell Rennie that or he'll be late).

Margie

Toyman01
Toyman01 SuperDork
11/24/11 7:28 a.m.

Happy Turkey day do everyone!!!

Don't eat too much.

Ranger50
Ranger50 Dork
11/24/11 7:29 a.m.
Marty! wrote:
aussiesmg wrote: Yeah a bit early, but tomorrow is likely to be filled with food, wine and the Packers going to 11-0.
Fixed that for 'ya

Already counting hatched chickens eh?

Wife just left for the store to make it at lest one trip for today....

Happy National Tryptophan Overload Day!!!

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
11/24/11 7:38 a.m.

Happy Turkey Day to all! We plan to gobble all day.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Dork
11/24/11 8:13 a.m.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I plan to do my tradition of upsetting my wife because I passed out on the couch instead of conversing with her family. Oh well.

Cole_Trickle
Cole_Trickle Reader
11/24/11 8:15 a.m.

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

monark192
monark192 Reader
11/24/11 9:59 a.m.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

ransom
ransom Dork
11/24/11 10:02 a.m.

Indeed, happy Thanksgiving!

redrabbit
redrabbit Reader
11/24/11 10:30 a.m.

In reply to aeronca65t: You lucky dog (turkey)! Happy Thanksgiving all.

Taiden
Taiden Dork
11/24/11 11:39 a.m.

Happy Thurkeyday all

TuffWork
TuffWork Reader
11/24/11 11:59 a.m.
Toyman01 wrote: Don't eat too much.

I will. I've been training for the last week by eating large meals. I LOVE turkey.

Hal
Hal Dork
11/24/11 7:25 p.m.

Spent Wednesday helping the wife get everything ready. Got up at 5:00am today to help with the cooking. Wife's family (all 35 of them) came for Thanksgiving Dinner at 1:00pm. We all ate too much and sat around watching football afterwards. Last of the mob cleared out around 7:00pm. So the wife and I cleaned up the essentials and will probably spend 1/2 of Black Friday getting the house back to livable condition.

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
11/24/11 8:13 p.m.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too aussieman.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
11/24/11 8:17 p.m.

Ham, Cornish game hens, home-made stuffing/mac-cheese/sweet potato casserole/pumpkin pie.

Not big football fans, we watched old Family Guy episodes ("family" for a family holiday, get it? /instant rimshot/), and then played Ghostbusters (the boy), Alice: Madness Returns (SWMBO), and F1 2010 (Me) on the xBox.

First time I've had a holiday in years where I didn't have to work..

EDIT: Where are my manners? Here's hoping everyone else's was enjoyable as well!

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
11/24/11 9:09 p.m.

My nephew discovered tangerines

and flying kites. (I'm particularly proud of that combination of photos. While my sister was photographing me teaching him to hold a kite string, my kite was photographing all of us.)

Cypress discovered cranberry-citrus-walnut relish

and fizzy grape juice

Taiden
Taiden Dork
11/24/11 9:17 p.m.

It wouldn't be a family gathering in Florida if you didn't get a household pet drunk.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
11/24/11 9:20 p.m.

Sorry to disappoint, but I don't drink; That was non-alcoholic fizzy grape juice.

Yes, I do realize that I just admitted that my bad automotive decisions (e.g. "let's autocross a geo", "I will build a car from scratch out of garbag") cannot be blamed on alcohol....my judgement is normally that bad.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo SuperDork
11/24/11 9:40 p.m.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

pigeon
pigeon Dork
11/24/11 9:49 p.m.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

That kite cam pic is cool - how'd you do it?

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
11/24/11 9:52 p.m.
pigeon wrote: Happy Thanksgiving to all. That kite cam pic is cool - how'd you do it?

x2..I fly model rockets, and would love to do something similar!

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
11/24/11 10:23 p.m.

you can buy keychain cameras that are basically the camera portion of a cell phone. add a memory card and you arw good to go. I headr about them on Jalopnik but there's info all over the web...just google "808 camera". The pinhole style lense means they can shoot pretty decent video, too, if you can mount them so the don't vibrate too much. (Some models record 720p video)

All I did was tape a keychain to the string, fly the kite, and sift through the video to find frames where the kite was not shaking around too much.

I've used the same technique after attaching the camera to an RC plane. The resulting video was a little shaky - one GRMer even said that watching it made him sick - but some of the photos from that video look pretty good

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CP1RpmRbJ5OFI5uSo63l5gTvCJd230l3Zrl9DDDC47BMhbkZJbU8AHe0OaSgU8Sr