bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
9/21/15 10:54 a.m.

I was looking at picking up the HF low-profile 2-ton jack based on some positive comments on here, and brought my trusty 20% off coupon with me and was sad to see it excluded all jacks.

Anybody ever have luck using a coupon on a HF floor jack, or should I bite the bullet?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/21/15 10:56 a.m.

I just bought that very jack. Handed them a coupon, can't hurt. Didn't work.

However, they did let me use a coupon on a transmission jack. Guess that's a transmission jack, not a floor jack.

All very confusing to me, since i don't think i've ever used the term "floor jack" in my life.

Anyways, the jack you're looking at is worth the money even without a coupon.

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi Reader
9/21/15 11:45 a.m.

I paid $140 for mine after procrastinating weeks waiting for a coupon. I'm glad I bought it - completely worth it.

logdog
logdog SuperDork
9/21/15 11:53 a.m.

You can often find jack specific coupons in their magazine ads.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/21/15 11:54 a.m.
logdog wrote: You can often find jack specific coupons in their magazine ads.

Yep, this one is excluded. I found no record of a coupon for this jack since 2011.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
9/21/15 12:13 p.m.

Yeah, they are excluded. I found that out the hard way in a store a few years ago. I then promptly went to Sears and picked up a Craftsman jack for the same price as the discounted price I was trying to get the HF jack for.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA HalfDork
9/21/15 12:37 p.m.

I had 2 of the new model 2 ton aluminum race jacks and both leaked down. Bought one, returned for exchange, next one did the same thing, returned for exchange on the earlier 1 1/2 ton which works fine so far.

They do a bait & switch on the advertising of the jacks so the one pictured in their flier often isn't the one with the part # that the coupon applies to.

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
9/21/15 12:37 p.m.

Good to know guys. I'll head there tonight.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
9/21/15 1:29 p.m.
SilverFleet wrote: Yeah, they are excluded. I found that out the hard way in a store a few years ago. I then promptly went to Sears and picked up a Craftsman jack for the same price as the discounted price I was trying to get the HF jack for.

did your Craftsman jack start acting like E36 M3 about a week after the warranty was up on it? i've had 2 different Craftsman jacks do that- they just simply won't pump up if it's below about 40 degrees in the shop- and they both started doing it within a week of the 1 year warranty period being up.. one was a regular gray 3 ton jack that just woudln't lift at all unless you warmed it up and the other is a black and yellow 3.5 ton that rapidly rises to the car in one pump then doesn't switch to "normal" mode unless you warm it up..

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
9/21/15 1:45 p.m.
novaderrik wrote:
SilverFleet wrote: Yeah, they are excluded. I found that out the hard way in a store a few years ago. I then promptly went to Sears and picked up a Craftsman jack for the same price as the discounted price I was trying to get the HF jack for.
did your Craftsman jack start acting like E36 M3 about a week after the warranty was up on it? i've had 2 different Craftsman jacks do that- they just simply won't pump up if it's below about 40 degrees in the shop- and they both started doing it within a week of the 1 year warranty period being up.. one was a regular gray 3 ton jack that just woudln't lift at all unless you warmed it up and the other is a black and yellow 3.5 ton that rapidly rises to the car in one pump then doesn't switch to "normal" mode unless you warm it up..

Must have changes something I have two that must be 25 years old now and they are indestructible.

logdog
logdog SuperDork
9/21/15 2:20 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
Yep, this one is excluded. I found no record of a coupon for this jack since 2011.

I dunno. I bought a low profile jack last year with a coupon I cut out of a magazine. I think it was Petersons 4wheel and off road. Looked something like this.*

*not actual coupon, just something similar I found on google images. YMMV. Tax and Title extra.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' Dork
9/21/15 2:34 p.m.

FWIW, my jack has exhibited both problems referenced above (leak down and the inability to transition from rapid movement mode to lifting mode)…in both cases, it just needed a little oil added.

The0retical
The0retical Dork
9/21/15 2:50 p.m.

I just bought the low profile 3 ton jack yesterday with a 79.95 coupon from American Rifleman.

This one

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UltimaDork
9/21/15 3:42 p.m.

If something is already on sale, they won't take a discount coupon on that item.

asoduk
asoduk Reader
9/21/15 3:42 p.m.

I have an $84.99 coupon here for the 3 ton low profile... Could probably scan and send your way if you wanted

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
9/21/15 5:37 p.m.

In reply to asoduk:

That same coupon was waiting for me in the Mail when I got home! Thanks though

geraldenrie
geraldenrie New Spammer
11/13/19 1:04 a.m.

The solutions provided in this forum are useful but does anyone every take notice on the cost of implementing [canoeing rentals?]

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WNWODi5DPFMPQLJW2wkvyfgMfBtORL6AEnMZdXI79FzJiSe7zxF9Cyb220Rf78Oi