1 2
DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
12/17/21 4:30 p.m.

My sister is one of these people. Her new 2020 KIA Telluride is nearing 10,000kms overdue on her second oil change but regardless of how many times I remind her she's going to end up with a very expensive lawn ornament, its just not a priority to her.

Parents want to help her out financially because she claims it's 'so expensive' according to her (because of the grand kids mostly) (I have offered to do it for her as well but still too expensive to pay for the oil and filter) but she's also in her 30's and should know that vehicles need maintenance done to keep them functioning properly, and after running her lancer out of oil and spinning a bearing she just let my father finish paying for it (he was the cosigner on it) because 'she's not paying for a car she can't drive'.

It's not even their only vehicle but the 'almost' paid off 13 Santa Fe is ALSO way overdue for an oil change. But apparently throwing get together's with friends and looking well off is waaaay more important to some people...

She asked me the other day what I wanted for Christmas I told her 'Get a dang oil change done on your freaking SUV!!' 

STM317
STM317 UberDork
12/17/21 5:25 p.m.

People that live a few houses down the road bought the house directly across the street from me for one of their parents in Jan 2021. The old man was ill, and never got the chance to move in. They tore a bathroom out shortly after purchase (the old shower surround is still in the driveway) but haven't begun installing anything new. They cut the grass twice all summer and never trimmed the hedges so it's a jungle. They parked two vehicles in the driveway to make it look less abandoned, but it's been months since either of them moved an inch. It all just sits there unused, slowly returning to the Earth for a year now. The family members down the road drive past it every time they leave/enter the neighborhood in their brand new BMW, but make no effort to clean it up and put it on the market or sell/use the two vehicles that sit in the driveway. Not even sure if they're paying to heat the place, which could get really interesting this winter.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/17/21 7:19 p.m.

In the year 2022, the population has grown to 40 million people in New York City alone. Most housing is dilapidated and overcrowded, and the homeless fill the streets and line the fire escapes, stairways of buildings, abandoned cars, subway platforms, etc. Unemployment is at around 50% after the great stock market crash. Summers are oppressively hot and humid with temperatures over 90F degrees during the day and night due to Earth’s recent climate change resulting from Global Warming. Inflation is rampant. Food, as we know it in this present time, is a rare and expensive commodity. Most of the world’s population survives on processed rations sold online by Amazon.com, which are advertised as “high-energy green vegetable concentrates” produced from “high-energy plankton”. It is much more nutritious and palatable than the red and yellow varieties but, like most other foods, in short supply which often leads to weekly food riots, especially when the supply chain fails and the delivery trucks don't show up.

Folgers
Folgers New Reader
12/17/21 8:07 p.m.
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) said:

In the year 2022, the population has grown to 40 million people in New York City alone. Most housing is dilapidated and overcrowded, and the homeless fill the streets and line the fire escapes, stairways of buildings, abandoned cars, subway platforms, etc. Unemployment is at around 50% after the great stock market crash. Summers are oppressively hot and humid with temperatures over 90F degrees during the day and night due to Earth’s recent climate change resulting from Global Warming. Inflation is rampant. Food, as we know it in this present time, is a rare and expensive commodity. Most of the world’s population survives on processed rations sold online by Amazon.com, which are advertised as “high-energy green vegetable concentrates” produced from “high-energy plankton”. It is much more nutritious and palatable than the red and yellow varieties but, like most other foods, in short supply which often leads to weekly food riots, especially when the supply chain fails and the delivery trucks don't show up.

Charlton Heston died in 2008. Were berkeleyed. 

drock25too
drock25too Reader
12/17/21 10:04 p.m.

In reply to hybridmomentspass :

Hold on Brother, it will be okay. You have made amends. It will be forgiven. 

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/17/21 10:36 p.m.

In reply to Folgers :

Sooner or later we are all going to be eating the green stuff.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
12/26/21 8:01 p.m.

In reply to DjGreggieP :

I take it that Kia does not have the 5 years free service plan.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FSHhbwSdJskLTbxWFBKpmnFkoPlglgo91jpTYi86JczNILgjlkeJnRXpQHFog7DL