1 2
californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
7/26/22 7:27 p.m.

If you need a cheap = free Pinball fix there are decent ones for Android tablets and iPads

yeah I know , not the same , but its a good diversion if you are stuck at the airport etc

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
7/26/22 7:30 p.m.

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

Pachinko  games? 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/26/22 8:07 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

I'll second Godzilla. It's one of the best sterns in recent years. I'm not a huge fan of stern overall, but Godzilla knocked it out of the park. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
7/26/22 8:11 p.m.

Not discussed but I sang the pinball wizard song all day.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
7/26/22 8:25 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

Not discussed but I sang the pinball wizard song all day.

But did you sing it to the music of Folsom Prison Blues?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/26/22 9:26 p.m.

stroker
stroker PowerDork
7/27/22 10:26 a.m.
Mndsm said:

In reply to stroker :

They just released funhouse 2.0 Rudy's revenge. It's an overlay on an original funhouse pin. Pretty neat. 

I looked in to this and I'm confused.  Is this an actual pinball machine based on the original or is this a video game?

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
7/27/22 11:25 a.m.
stroker said:
Mndsm said:

In reply to stroker :

They just released funhouse 2.0 Rudy's revenge. It's an overlay on an original funhouse pin. Pretty neat. 

I looked in to this and I'm confused.  Is this an actual pinball machine based on the original or is this a video game?

It's an upgrade to the original pinball machine.  You take an original funhouse pinball, and buy the upgrade kit.  It gives you new back glass, artwork, and program.  Your Funhouse is now a Funhouse 2.0. It's a different game built on top of the old one.

fatallightning
fatallightning Reader
7/27/22 11:32 a.m.

There's an awesome spot by me in Middletown, NY. Combination metal shop, head shop, tees and vinyls, with a big back pinball area. Owned by the same guys for over 35 years. I'm not a huge pinball guy, but the vibes are very cool and very hayday 80s. Owner also sponsors a bunch of circle track events locally too in a GRM connection.

stroker
stroker PowerDork
7/27/22 11:58 a.m.
Steve_Jones said:
stroker said:
Mndsm said:

In reply to stroker :

It's an upgrade to the original pinball machine.  You take an original funhouse pinball, and buy the upgrade kit.  It gives you new back glass, artwork, and program.  Your Funhouse is now a Funhouse 2.0. It's a different game built on top of the old one.

Ah.  Thank you!  I'd love to have one, but not $11K worth of love (+ the upgrade)...

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
7/27/22 12:19 p.m.

In reply to stroker :

That one is a refurbished one, used in good shape they are usually $6500-$7500 (up from $4k....)

Pinside Market Archive

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/27/22 12:28 p.m.
stroker said:
Mndsm said:

In reply to stroker :

It's a reskin. My understanding is you take a funhouse and convert it.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) Dork
8/15/22 1:29 p.m.
dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
8/15/22 1:37 p.m.
11GTCS said:

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

I'm guessing you're aware of this but if not; Funspot in Laconia (not far from Weirs Beach) has large arcades with vintage games including pinball. Not terribly far from your location.

I was there last week!!!  That place is a time machine for me.  I was there in the 70's as a kid.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M3ZpKZnmowcZn31Lx9g4Upg6dilnFGHgjg3k9AkE3My7YG13iAADgpXTkPVkOmPZ