914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/17/19 3:53 p.m.

Series on PBS, he plays the chief of detectives in 1950's Paris.  Soft spoken, great poker face; but when he's interviewing a murder suspect I expect him to break into a MR. Bean face.

I've only see the first two episodes, but it beats a LOT of other stuff out there.

Dan

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise HalfDork
6/17/19 3:54 p.m.

I watch Poirot. Gotta add this to the list 

slefain
slefain PowerDork
6/17/19 4:20 p.m.

Guess I'll be watching this after I wrap up all the Father Brown episodes on Netflix.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
6/17/19 4:52 p.m.

The Brits do these period shows so well.  I’ll definitely put this on the schedule to record.  I’ve seen nothing advertising it.  

j_tso
j_tso New Reader
6/18/19 7:31 a.m.

Well, it's not on my PBS schedule.

I've never seen Rowan Atkinson in anything that's not funny, so it'll be interesting.  Like a while back when Al Bundy did Dragnet on ABC.

I don't really like the old Inspector Morse show, but I like the prequel Endeavour, currently in its 6th series, that takes place in the 1960s.

The most recent David Suchet Poirot mysteries deviated a little too far from the books for my liking.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia HalfDork
6/18/19 1:52 p.m.

Rumpole of the Baily is pretty good too, 

PBS has Mysterys on Sunday night for years with many series like this , all very well done....

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
6/18/19 3:31 p.m.

Just searched and we don’t get it.  

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
6/19/19 5:35 a.m.

Typically anything the BBC has to offer, especially detective-type shows beats most of what’s out there. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kvjrWQpCNieVDaiBLXfpcEnCKo2WL2WLGVwL4PUN1mOiEJKHJTNLS78Xigo5yoGA