carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
10/6/12 9:40 p.m.

I was at a rowdy restaurant tonight (Babes for those of you in the DFW area) and had some friends in town from Canadia. We were playing with him and decided to play a trick on him so we told the waitress it was his birthday.

They do this big birthday production, make you wear a chicken hat, stand in the chair, flap your arms like a chicken and otherwise just make fun of you.

Come to find out that wasn't the funny part. The waitress asked if he understood English. I told her he could if she spoke real slow so....

when the whole crew of wait staff that came over to the did the whole routine very slowly and then asked him afterwards if he understood that this was in honor of his birthday.

Our whole table cracked up. He is Chinese so we are guessing that threw them off.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
10/6/12 11:15 p.m.

Did he at least play along?

I loved it when my half-chinese buddy played up the asian stereotype.

The best is when you know someone who can do "angry black guy"

Shawn

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
10/6/12 11:43 p.m.

I <3 Canadia.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy SuperDork
10/7/12 12:45 a.m.

Ah, our polite northern neighbors in Canadastan.

aeronca65t
aeronca65t Dork
10/7/12 4:01 a.m.

I Am Canadian

Good

Better

Best

novaderrik
novaderrik UltraDork
10/7/12 7:12 a.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: Did he at least play along? I loved it when my half-chinese buddy played up the asian stereotype. The best is when you know someone who can do "angry black guy" Shawn

playing of stereotypes is fun..

i used to work with a black guy that knew every line of dialog from "Blazing Saddles" and would sometimes do what amounted to his version of the "BLACK RAGE" speech from Chasing Amy from time to time whenever he felt like freaking out some of the more uptight white folk..

if you don't know what the "black rage" thing is, here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgTuarwFm6s

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Dork
10/7/12 7:14 a.m.

In reply to aeronca65t:
I was born and raised in Quebec. You just made my day with that third one !

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
10/7/12 8:34 a.m.

Mmmm babes. Best fried chicken ever

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9UeIrR268hAdTxi8GkSYgW9z2bmX8KCorQXggEMqAEt1YccvF78fz1wxWC6S5wK5