8 9 10
ronholm
ronholm Reader
6/30/12 10:50 p.m.
SVreX wrote: In reply to ronholm: So, the core point is actually in conflict with itself. Democrats don't want it to be called a "tax", but have no authority to collect a "penalty" that is not a tax. Oh what a tangled...

Another thing...

They have been handing out Waivers... exempting people from the "tax" based on what?

Political connection?

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 UltraDork
6/30/12 11:19 p.m.
SVreX wrote: In reply to fast_eddie_72: Actually, that makes pretty good sense. Good summary. Very interesting. Thanks.

Thank you. I read it over and it pretty much said what I intended.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
7/1/12 2:30 a.m.
ronholm wrote:
SVreX wrote: In reply to ronholm: So, the core point is actually in conflict with itself. Democrats don't want it to be called a "tax", but have no authority to collect a "penalty" that is not a tax. Oh what a tangled...
Another thing... They have been handing out Waivers... exempting people from the "tax" based on what? Political connection?

Basically. " anyone who might know what all this drivel really means won't want to have to put up with it, and so are exempt"

hillbillypharmacist
hillbillypharmacist New Reader
7/1/12 10:40 a.m.

Just so everyone knows what the waivers are about.

PPACA requires businesses to raise their benefit limits over time. The waivers allow these businesses to keep the limits they have until 2014.

Maybe the waivers are a good idea, maybe not. It will mean precisely dick in two years. There will be no waivers in two years.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
7/1/12 1:26 p.m.
hillbillypharmacist wrote: Just so everyone knows what the waivers are about. PPACA requires businesses to raise their benefit limits over time. The waivers allow these businesses to keep the limits they have until 2014. Maybe the waivers are a good idea, maybe not. It will mean precisely dick in two years. There will be no waivers in two years.

I think that was referring to the exemptions written in for certain congressional staff positions

Xceler8x
Xceler8x UltraDork
7/2/12 1:20 p.m.
PHeller
PHeller SuperDork
7/2/12 1:34 p.m.

I think many overlooked Beer Baron's German Healthcare and Mandate experiences.

I went back to read and was impressed.

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox SuperDork
7/3/12 8:56 a.m.

Digging up the McDonalds lawsuit again because I happened upon this picture. Coffee should not do this.

dculberson
dculberson Dork
7/3/12 11:06 a.m.

GAAAA that's gross!

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
7/3/12 11:46 a.m.
dculberson wrote: GAAAA that's gross!

Only looks worse because they sparingly applied, or maybe have some soaked in after picture, silvadene cream to the burn.

dculberson
dculberson Dork
7/3/12 11:50 a.m.

I don't know, I think 3rd degree burns look pretty bad no matter what's been applied.

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
7/3/12 11:56 a.m.

I don't see any 3rd degree burns, unless they have modified the scale. I see some 2nd possibly with the blisters popped, but definitely no 3rd.

8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GEZuFGPeUajnVESeKCF7BaBTBBj1SkGo1CRTlcdwhD18YXFZ9AN9CNy1dSASjFhP