1 2 3
PHeller
PHeller PowerDork
7/31/14 8:56 a.m.

For our wedding on Saturday we've got an unsightly propane tank in the area of where we'd like to our ceremony. It's a big one, maybe 100 gallon long? It would need a box 10' long by 4' wide to hide it.

Thing is, I don't really want to build a wooden box for a 30 minute ceremony. Or at least I don't want to pay the money to build a box for a 30 minute ceremony.

I'd thought of covering it with a sheet or something, but the bride isn't keen on a propane tank masquerading as a ghost.

Any thoughts on a cheap structure that might hide this thing?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
7/31/14 8:58 a.m.

How long is a 100 gallon?

Park the limo in front of it.

Slippery
Slippery HalfDork
7/31/14 9:02 a.m.

Place a table on top of it? If its not tall enough place something under the legs. Use fabric to cover the table.

Kramer
Kramer Dork
7/31/14 9:03 a.m.

Rent container plants from local nursery.

PHeller
PHeller PowerDork
7/31/14 9:05 a.m.

It's about 4" tall, if you were 5' or higher you'd easily be able to look over a 4' wall and see it.

The container plants idea is best.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UberDork
7/31/14 9:05 a.m.

Put some tail fins on it and pain "Death to the infidels!" on the side.

dculberson
dculberson UberDork
7/31/14 9:11 a.m.

Jeez, next time start worrying about it closer to the event, you have so much time left at this point you could do anything!

I like the plant idea too. You could also get some cheap shoji screens and lash them together around it. Privacy fence panels would also work, you could use snow fencing posts driven into the ground then fasten the fence panels to it. You don't need it to last for years, just for a day..

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
7/31/14 9:20 a.m.

Build a frame over it. Just legs and a top. Then picnic table cloth stapled down.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
7/31/14 9:36 a.m.

dress it as a bridesmaid

ScreaminE
ScreaminE Reader
7/31/14 9:38 a.m.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Dork
7/31/14 9:48 a.m.

The old neighbors across from my grandmother's used to pain theirs a different theme every couple of years. Holstein cow, zebra stripes, probably some others I can't remember, but my favorite was The Beetles Yellow Submarine. They moved years ago, the neighbors that live there now just have a boring old white tank.

A couple lattice panels with some plants would probably work for a temporary solution.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
7/31/14 9:50 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: How long is 100 gallon? Park the limo in front of it.

Just be thankful it isn't this big bastard.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
7/31/14 9:52 a.m.

Do you have a big tent or screen house?

PHeller
PHeller PowerDork
7/31/14 9:54 a.m.

Its in a state park, and they request it not be covered by a roof, nor can anything be driven into the ground around it (there is a buried gas line.)

The best would be some sort of temporary wall tent.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
7/31/14 9:55 a.m.

Lean boards or plywood against it and hang pictures or decorations. Engagement photos can be hung there.

Doesnt need to be heavy boards, and could just be a fabric wall with pictures pinned there.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
7/31/14 9:56 a.m.

This is a 100 gal. vertical. This it?

obviously not the 10' x 4' you were talkng about

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
7/31/14 9:59 a.m.

What's the budget? I'm thinking a PVC frame with white shower curtain hung from it. Tension the curtain for a nicer looking surface. Maybe tie-wrap garden trellis to the side facing the wedding crowd for added effect.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
7/31/14 10:02 a.m.

I was going to second the watermelon paint job, but it turns out that painted tanks that are exposed to sunlight can overheat.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
7/31/14 10:02 a.m.

Stack hay bales in front of it, that would be an outdoorsy look.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UltimaDork
7/31/14 10:44 a.m.

~10'x4' tank? Decorate it with a large plastic table cloth. You can't make it go away, but you can make it pretty. You could even do the above and set the gift table in front of it, using it as an artistic back drop.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/31/14 10:55 a.m.

Paint it like a condom in honor of the wedding night??

oldopelguy
oldopelguy SuperDork
7/31/14 12:17 p.m.

I'd get a saw horse bracket kit and three 12' 2x4s to build it with. Any fabric store will have options under $10/yd that will be wide enough and long enough to cover in one piece.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku PowerDork
7/31/14 1:28 p.m.

Put on a fresh coat of white paint and let the guests sign it, leave messages, etc.

PHeller
PHeller PowerDork
7/31/14 1:33 p.m.

It's not our propane tank. We really can't touch it any way. They are hesitant about even draping some sort of sheet over it.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
7/31/14 1:34 p.m.
PHeller wrote: They are hesitant about even draping some sort of sheet over it.

Oh jeez

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
g67hDH3aFHJFO51D1HHU6IjQYK66Usri1fIoKE7mvssODNAKljtBKgVvwXy26Xc8