Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/16/22 9:43 a.m.

I don't want to detract from anyone else's birthday today, but for the one birthday guy I've met - I gotta single him out.

For those of you who don't know Hobiercr, it's his birthday today.  I think he turns 27 (but I lie)

If you don't know him, get to know him.  My first time on the zoom chat - and my first time seeing most of your faces, he saw me join and quickly offered for me to make my introductions.  My first Challenge (2000), he took me under his wing and showed me the ropes and made sure I had an awesome time.  He also fed me bratwurst which is an instant win.  He is a constant influence and support for the forum, the challenge, and his friends offline.  I'm a better person for having met him.

Warm heart, inviting personality, just a straight-up helluva guy.  If you haven't met him, you need to.

Happy Birthday, man.

stafford1500
stafford1500 Dork
4/16/22 10:49 a.m.

John is definitely one of the biggest endorsers/instigators for crazy challenge fun. Keep it up John. Happy bday

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
4/16/22 12:05 p.m.

John is a great dude!  Happy Birthday Bud!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/16/22 12:47 p.m.

Be sure to stop at Wall E. Weasel's

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
4/16/22 1:10 p.m.

Happy Birthday!!

Danny Shields (Forum Supporter)
Danny Shields (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
4/16/22 3:57 p.m.
Javelin said:

Happy Birthday!!

What he said! Celebrate!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/16/22 6:07 p.m.

I drive 1000 miles to get to The Challenge.  There are many great things about the event but one thing I enjoy a lot is somewhere around mid day, take a ride with John on the Beach Patrol Cruiser.  Sit in a shady spot near the bleachers and watch the autox. 

Also, when that cart comes around and just hands you a free, cold water, you know he's the best guy around!  

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
4/16/22 7:44 p.m.

I have it on very good authority that John had the exact birthday he was hoping for.

Again, Happy birthday John!

hobiercr
hobiercr UltraDork
4/16/22 8:51 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

I have it on very good authority that John had the exact birthday he was hoping for.

Again, Happy birthday John!

And that is so true and very much thanks to you! You guys are my tribe and spending time with GRM friends is my favorite way to spend time. When I attended my first Challenge in 2009 I had no idea that I would find such an amazing group of people. Thank you all for making me feel so welcome.

Except Joe. berkeley Joe.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
4/16/22 8:55 p.m.

Happy birthday Hoopes!  Glad you didn't wait until several months later to find this one.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/16/22 9:19 p.m.

Happy birthday! Proud to know you!

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/16/22 11:44 p.m.
hobiercr said:

Except Joe. berkeley Joe.

Definitely berkeley Joe.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/17/22 7:52 p.m.

Happy birthday!!

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
4/18/22 9:27 a.m.

Happy birthday!!!  

tb
tb Dork
4/18/22 10:04 a.m.

Damn, I am late as usual... happy birthday! Or am I early? I've known this great guy so long I forgot his birthday and mistakenly wished him a happy one about a month ago.

Sometimes I get too distracted by other things to focus on cars 24/7 but whenever I have an oddball question, need questionable yet sage advice or just want to vent and bench race the first crazy car nut that comes to mind is definitely this guy right here!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MOsZ0rSqC9roSLv4fjrTorsh5DVnyzPKxA76GaLtmZHMvsOX6zISsQaKNoG2qlDu