Wally
Wally SuperDork
11/19/11 5:20 p.m.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201111/moms-save-high-school-cheerleading-squad-surprising-fashion

Moms Save HS Cheerleading Squad

A high school football team in a small Michigan town is competing for a state title, but its the mothers of the players who deserve MVP honors.

St. Ignace High School, located in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, has a pretty good football team. But because of a lack of interest on the students' part (and a small school size of 215), it hasn't fielded a cheer squad this season -- at least until the players' mothers went to work.

On the gridiron, the St. Ignace Saints are undefeated and on the way to the Motor City this weekend with a chance to win the Michigan state championship at Ford Field -- home of the NFL's Detroit Lions.

To show their support, more than a dozen team mothers put on their sons' football jerseys and formed their own cheerleading squad for the team. The imaginative mamas even put together a pep rally and pulled off a cheer routine.

"Wow, that is my mom, she's cheerleading, what's going on?" senior Nate Monte told reporter Andrew Keller of the 7&4 News Team.

Coach Marty Spencer said he never really heard cheerleaders on the sidelines in his 25 years at the school, but these mamas are loud and proud. "I haven't seen a group of moms do what these moms are doing," Spencer told 7&4.

The mothers have brought back 1970's-era old-school cheers such as "hold that line," according to coach Spencer.

Paula Mayer, whose son plays for the team, said cheerleading "gives me a little bit of my youth back."

As for the players? Well ...

"I could ask for a blonde, a brunette," Monte said, "but my mom will do."

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
11/19/11 5:32 p.m.

I am old enough that I would still oogle the cheerleaders

pete240z
pete240z SuperDork
11/20/11 4:29 p.m.

I expected a lot more jokes by now........

fasted58
fasted58 SuperDork
11/20/11 4:32 p.m.

I was expecting milfs

porksboy
porksboy SuperDork
11/20/11 5:36 p.m.

As long as the head chearleader doesnt expect to score with the quarter back.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
11/20/11 5:44 p.m.
porksboy wrote: As long as the head chearleader doesnt expect to score with the quarter back.

As long as it isn't his own mother - fair game.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
11/20/11 6:45 p.m.

hopefully they will get the whole uniform thing going?

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
11/20/11 10:47 p.m.

Better my sister than my mom, but my moms not bad...

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
11/20/11 10:58 p.m.
pete240z wrote: I expected a lot more jokes by now........

Sorry. I went to google images to find an appropriate pic to hotlink in this thread....and got sort of distracted

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Dork
11/21/11 12:03 a.m.

If the moms look like Laura Vikmanis, I think it will be ok.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair SuperDork
11/21/11 12:15 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed:

FMJ FTW!

Woody
Woody SuperDork
11/21/11 1:40 p.m.

I hate to break this to her, but I thought she was a lot older than 42.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: If the moms look like Laura Vikmanis, I think it will be ok.
pete240z
pete240z SuperDork
11/21/11 4:15 p.m.

where is this thread headed????

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
11/21/11 4:18 p.m.

My wife is watching that show right now

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
11/21/11 4:23 p.m.
Woody wrote: I hate to break this to her, but I thought she was a lot older than 42.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: If the moms look like Laura Vikmanis, I think it will be ok.

That might be close to the expiration date but it ain't spoiled at all.

fasted58
fasted58 SuperDork
11/21/11 4:34 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
Woody wrote: I hate to break this to her, but I thought she was a lot older than 42.
That might be close to the expiration date but it ain't spoiled at all.

yup, but that's gonna require the 'ol sniff test just to be sure

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Wuxq4PsEi2YRyMTmOMLwUlxrSnEssAMEoJsRFBtEq1A8BmMx3Sr1DL396sZF0yhI