4 5 6
chandler
chandler PowerDork
10/23/17 6:33 p.m.
Nick (Bo) Comstock said:
mndsm said:

In reply to Stefan :

I've been trying to get him to come back for years. Pretty sure he's about Amish at this point. 

Except Amish have beards...

I was a Yoder Toter for years and they can be patchy as well...

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
10/23/17 7:23 p.m.

Wow. Just wow. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/22/19 10:26 p.m.

Wow. Blast from the past. 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
8/23/19 11:08 a.m.

Prior to my recent hernia surgery they told me not to shave 3 days before the surgery.  I had a pretty good beard on the day after the surgery when I shaved.  I might have kept it, but it looked like it was going to be mostly white and I now have a CPAP.  

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
8/23/19 11:09 a.m.

Simple 4-step beard growing plan:

1. Have beard-growing genes (could be a problem if you're native American or south-east Asian) and sufficient testosterone levels (should be good enough if your genitals are on the outside)

2. Don't shave

3. Wait like a month

4. Receive beard

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
8/23/19 11:34 a.m.
Schmidlap said:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: Is there any real proof to "shaving every day makes it come in thicker?"

No, it's a myth.

I thought it was true for the ladies?

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
8/23/19 1:05 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:

Simple 4-step beard growing plan:

1. Have beard-growing genes (could be a problem if you're native American or south-east Asian) and sufficient testosterone levels (should be good enough if your genitals are on the outside)

2. Don't shave

3. Wait like a month

4. Receive beard

The first one can be rather random. I've got so much beard-growing genes that when I went clean shaven, I had a five o'clock shadow at noon. My younger brother can't seem to get a beard to grow no matter what he tries.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
8/23/19 1:50 p.m.
spitfirebill said:

Prior to my recent hernia surgery they told me not to shave 3 days before the surgery.  I had a pretty good beard on the day after the surgery when I shaved.  I might have kept it, but it looked like it was going to be mostly white and I now have a CPAP.  

I am sure there is a good reason, but gut reaction is "...Are they unaware of what a hernia is?"

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/23/19 2:10 p.m.
Knurled. said:
spitfirebill said:

I am sure there is a good reason, but gut reaction is "...Are they unaware of what a hernia is?"

Probably something similar to not getting dental work done before/after a surgery - increases chance of infection, even if it doesn't have anything to do with the surgery. 

I actually knew a guy who passed away because he got an infection, originating from dental work, right before a major knee surgery. 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
8/23/19 2:16 p.m.
Knurled. said:
spitfirebill said:

LOL.  Have you ever seen me? 

I asked why and they said to prevent cutting myself and possibly getting an infection.  I also had to wash down in antiseptic three times over the 3 days prior. 

This has reminded me of the ballchinian on Men in Black. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
8/23/19 2:18 p.m.
mtn said:
Knurled. said:
spitfirebill said:

Probably something similar to not getting dental work done before/after a surgery - increases chance of infection, even if it doesn't have anything to do with the surgery. 

I actually knew a guy who passed away because he got an infection, originating from dental work, right before a major knee surgery. 

Ah.  Kind of tangentially like how they tell you not to do any manual labor type stuff for three days after having a tooth pulled.

A little over 30 years ago, a family member had his appendix removed.  He was packing his luggage and chatting with the nurse as he was being discharged, and he fell over dead.  Blood clot broke free and went to the "right" place in his brain.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy Reader
8/23/19 2:34 p.m.

My question would be how do I have my beard grow more normal and less trailer trash Joe Dirte.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
8/23/19 2:40 p.m.

knowing full well this was a zombie resurrection, i read it from start to finish anyway.   WTF happened to that one dude?   berkeley, talk about needing to step away from the keyboard for a while.

also, my beard is good.   has been for a long time.

4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XgxJNZga9qB0opwYDnufPeuOerfoBUV6VcWCx1R1ITnZYOxvhvCw4TQ2HbyPuWxg