1 2 3
Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and MegaDork
9/1/21 1:30 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Exactly. And while I completely understand and agree with the reasoning behind it, it does kind of suck at times. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
9/1/21 1:36 p.m.

I live on this little curve, it's slightly off camber and goes downhill to the lef. Six times a year I have a drunk driver either take the telephone pole out next to my barn or over correct and take the one on the other side of the road out. Doesn't matter east or west, they end up in a field or my yard. Knock on wood no one has actually hit my barn yet.

Trent
Trent PowerDork
9/1/21 2:39 p.m.

I have mp4 files. Just need to figure out how to host them somewhere

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
9/1/21 2:52 p.m.
Trent said:

I have mp4 files. Just need to figure out how to host them somewhere

I can't wait - you can probably just upload these to Youtube.

Glad to hear it wasn't any worse.

Trent
Trent PowerDork
9/1/21 2:56 p.m.

Imgur to the rescue

This might be my favorite. The street view of him leaving the scene

sparks flying

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/1/21 2:58 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

You may want to consider building a tire wall for your barn. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
9/1/21 3:00 p.m.
mtn said:

In reply to chandler :

You may want to consider building a tire wall for your barn. 

What's the legality of sweet jumps?  We have a concrete wall protecting the side of our shop which we've already had to have repaired after a Nissan Rogue met it at high speed, I'm thinking next time we just turn it into a quarterpipe and see how high cars can go.  Mark the record holders on the telephone pole next to it.

Trent
Trent PowerDork
9/1/21 3:07 p.m.

The collision

Woohoo

Trent
Trent PowerDork
9/1/21 3:16 p.m.

Ok I have to edit these down to sub 60 seconds to use Imgur so

Going in

There was a few minutes of back and forth and getting in and out of the truck and then

going out

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
9/1/21 3:21 p.m.

Would it be harder or easier to turn the steering wheel if you're missing half of the front suspension?

Trent
Trent PowerDork
9/1/21 3:29 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Good question. Less stuff to turn, but the one wheel left is bearing the weight of the entire front of the vehicle.

If I ever meet the dude, I'll ask him

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
9/1/21 3:35 p.m.

I'm surprised at how small the hole is based on the size of the truck.

Sorry this happened. It sucks.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
9/1/21 3:48 p.m.
Trent said:

We were extremely lucky that I had to move a bunch of cars around before I left. Earlier in the day there was a Citroen SM, a 34 MG PA and a freshly restored MG TD right in front of the bay door.

For reference this is what that corner of the shop usually looks like

We had something similar happen at our work, where we fortuitously moved a bunch of stuff right before an impact. We had three C7 Corvettes parked outside the showroom, and this was late November. The sales manager had them moved to winter storage that morning. That afternoon, a service writer got in a customer's Colorado that had a left-footed gas pedal, proceeded to put it in drive and then set her foot where the dead pedal should have been. She went up over the sidewalk and augered into the corner of the dealership, blew out a bunch of windows in front of the showroom, cracked a support column, shoved the engine in the Colorado back 8". If those 'Vettes hadn't been moved less than 6 hours earlier, she would've wiped out all three.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' UltraDork
9/1/21 3:58 p.m.

Thank goodness that Ribbit Pickup got moved in time...it was closest to the door so those other cars wouldn't have done anything to absorb the impact.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/1/21 4:05 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

Would it be harder or easier to turn the steering wheel if you're missing half of the front suspension?

He did a good (not great but good) job of getting the truck straight in the parking space lines. devil

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
9/2/21 10:49 a.m.

If this wasn't so messed up it would be funny.

Ah who am I kidding it's still funny. Glad nobody was hurt and the classic cars weren't hit.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
9/2/21 10:54 a.m.
z31maniac said:
84FSP said:

OMG how did they make it 2.2 miles hammered on three wheels?  I am just amazed.  Sorry for the BS you are about to go thru to try and get made whole.

I guess you've never watched any cop show, police chase, or youtube videos. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LmkeEqBdtI

Well, now I feel like an idiot.  All these years I've been buying four tires when all the vehicle needs is three. 

Trent
Trent PowerDork
9/2/21 3:17 p.m.

https://kval.com/news/local/police-springfield-man-arrested-after-crashing-truck-with-missing-tire-into-business

They bay door was repaired by 4 o'clock yesterday. After hammering the blast cabinet back into shape we are back up and running

We got really lucky with this. It could have been so much worse.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/2/21 3:21 p.m.

In reply to Trent :

You need some of those pop-up barricades outside the door, like they use at military bases, etc. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
9/2/21 3:26 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

Those are expensive, just have an inflatable police cruiser outside.  Same concept as a scarecrow.  A scaredrunk.

noddaz
noddaz UberDork
9/2/21 3:38 p.m.

I am glad no one was hurt.  It is amazing what people will try to get away with.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/2/21 4:14 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

Those are expensive, just have an inflatable police cruiser outside.  Same concept as a scarecrow.  A scaredrunk.

I think this guy was a little past noticing that.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
9/2/21 5:31 p.m.
Trent said:

Imgur to the rescue

This might be my favorite. The street view of him leaving the scene

sparks flying

Did he stop for a traffic signal?

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
9/2/21 5:37 p.m.

Those videos were amazing - he rolled into the ahop at top speed.  Surprisingly no lights kn the drive home, despite having stopped thoughtfully.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
9/2/21 6:18 p.m.

What was the front clip that got knocked aside? Looked Cobraish?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Q3dSAoviTbaPzVmtTxFIh9lWg49I6qJJpmX4cJVCVEaGCQ5sPZ3gvLAdifjaBCTu