1 2 3
Kendall_Jones
Kendall_Jones Dork
9/2/21 7:22 p.m.

And he had a warrant? Talk about stuff not to do while hiding from the man...

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
9/2/21 8:00 p.m.

Having no experience being drunk, someone walk me through a likely thought process here...

Dude thinking nobody's gonna notice? It'll buff out? That was funny, now I gotta get home?

Trent
Trent PowerDork
9/2/21 8:44 p.m.
NOHOME said:

What was the front clip that got knocked aside? Looked Cobraish?

AC Aceca. It came out surprisingly unscathed. For being a thin piece of aluminum that got tossed around like that into much heavier items it only received a few dings and it hasn't been bodyworked yet so they will be dealt with along with the rest 

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
9/2/21 9:19 p.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

Having no experience being drunk, someone walk me through a likely thought process here...

Dude thinking nobody's gonna notice? It'll buff out? That was funny, now I gotta get home?

"Oh berkeley, oh berkeley OH berkeley!!!

Ok I'm alive. (Adrenaline kicks in about now)

E36 M3, this is gonna bring the cops, I need to go berkeleying NOW."

It is surprising(frightening?) The noises you can overlook if you're that bad. I give the guy a little credit for managing to park it in a spot straight like that, wouldn't be easy to do sober. 

He had warrants? Probably not his first DUI, he knew what is coming for him and tried to hide. 

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
9/2/21 9:27 p.m.

I like how he stopped when the other car was coming from the other direction so he wouldn’t be showing the shower of sparks.  Wow, just wow.  I’m glad this was late at night and no one got hurt. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/2/21 9:32 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

I'll be honest, I kind of wish the perp was injured.  Like a couple of broken legs,  or a severed finger. Something of a permanent reminder.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/2/21 9:47 p.m.

Watched video - so there was a passenger that opened his door?  It feels like the Fast Times car scene.  

I can hear that guy saying.  "My brother's going to E36 M3".  "My brother's going to kill us".  Then the drunk driver - make up your mind dude......

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and MegaDork
9/2/21 10:19 p.m.

Glad to see they were able to ID him as the driver and charge him. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
9/3/21 7:00 a.m.

I love this thread.  It tells a story.  It has pictures and video.  It has a link to a news story about the event.  It has a catchy title.  It has commentary.

I give it a 10 out of 10.

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
9/3/21 7:01 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

Those are expensive, just have an inflatable police cruiser outside.  Same concept as a scarecrow.  A scaredrunk.

OOOH! I LIKE that!

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/4/21 5:43 a.m.
03Panther said:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

Those are expensive, just have an inflatable police cruiser outside.  Same concept as a scarecrow.  A scaredrunk.

OOOH! I LIKE that!

Our hometown used to park the cop car along the highway whenever the cop was on vacation, with a mannequin in the driver's seat dressed in uniform. So with bit of thrift store shopping(hell I have a NOPD uniform shirt I'd donate), a used light bar & some cast-off vinyl you could be in business pretty quick. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nVgZWLjcaaUO5YO0rzGPPgPdlOZH9JkkkH4oUI5wwehJ3Wo4rSvikFaOr385u2ld