beaterworld
beaterworld New Reader
11/27/09 1:05 p.m.

Ever since I saw it, I wanted one. "It" is a Lada Niva. Sure, I saw the car in the book, The World's Worst Cars, by Craig Cheetham, but let's overlook that for just one minute, please. I went in search for one, but when you want one, you always want more. More came in the shape of this ad I found on Kijiji. Please, stop me from going towards THIS white light on the internet. Please?

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
11/27/09 1:08 p.m.

You might have redeemed yourself with this post....maybe.

*EDIT...are you getting paid for us clicking on these websites?

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard SonDork
11/27/09 1:10 p.m.

Well, you do like econoboxes...

Bobzilla
Bobzilla HalfDork
11/27/09 1:11 p.m.

auto econo boxes?

beaterworld
beaterworld New Reader
11/27/09 1:12 p.m.
JFX001 wrote: *EDIT...are you getting paid for us clicking on these websites?

The answer is a definite no.

mndsm
mndsm New Reader
11/27/09 4:20 p.m.

Seems a bit off to me, as Kijiji and that Hamiltons garage place are all you ever mention, and you've only been around a little less than a week.... call me cynical, but methinks there is more to this.

mel_horn
mel_horn Dork
11/27/09 4:36 p.m.

I went past Gander Mountain and they have a special on canoes...

mndsm
mndsm New Reader
11/27/09 4:40 p.m.

Ok, someone explain the canoe thing to me. I figure that it has to do with some posts that are either ill advised or frowned upon, but in my world we call em something different.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
11/27/09 5:10 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Ok, someone explain the canoe thing to me. I figure that it has to do with some posts that are either ill advised or frowned upon, but in my world we call em something different.

Canoe is the code-word for spam. Although when you see one, it works better to hit the report button.

mndsm
mndsm New Reader
11/27/09 5:17 p.m.

I had a feeling thats what it was, just wanted confirmation.

jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
11/27/09 5:26 p.m.

On the old board, before the exclimation mark, it was decided that Canoe would be the code word and the admins would then do a daily search for the word Canoe as a spam filter.

mndsm
mndsm New Reader
11/27/09 6:53 p.m.

Gotta love forum history. I'm a Mod/admin on my local Mazda board, and I usually just get a text message from one of the mbrs (We're all actually IRL friends too!) and then they hit the thread with LOLcats and whatever else they see fit til we've had our amusement and lock it down.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
11/27/09 7:01 p.m.

"Canoe" is cool for average spam, but I'm thinking we should come up with a different code for "econobeater". Depite all, he kinda redefines the concept of troll.

Call it local flavor, but if we can get used to the ignore thread, we can tolerate this.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
11/27/09 9:06 p.m.

In reply to beaterworld:

Ignoring for the moment that you may be a canoe...I can actually tell you how I can talk you out of this one.

By asking you if you can weld.

Wally
Wally SuperDork
11/28/09 2:00 a.m.
NYG95GA wrote: "Canoe" is cool for average spam, but I'm thinking we should come up with a different code for "econobeater". Depite all, he kinda redefines the concept of troll.

mndsm
mndsm Reader
11/28/09 2:03 a.m.

Wow, never had a pic make more sense in my entire life. You sir, are entitled to one free frosty mug of your favorite barley/malt/hops beverage should you adventure to MN and decide to stop and say hello.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F2CJHaim22BMCmWMq64EG2d35fKR0RDw2V5LBWVqs9Vj2YTRu69kVLNV6mr1d9kz