John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/13/19 6:20 a.m.

Good luck and prayers for our friends in the path of Hurricane Barry.  How well will the Miss River do at taking more water? She's already at record heights! 

I'm keeping a watchful eye out for my sister down in the New Orleans / English Turn area.  They are on relatively high ground. Her greatest problem during Katrina was that she lost a couple of roofing shingles. 

TJL
TJL Reader
7/13/19 6:54 a.m.

Its gonna be interesting. Was in houston this week so was keeping an eye on it. They were talking about the usual flood control stuff in N.O. And how good it was. Except the systems usually dont all work and a simple bad rain had the city backed up in water recently. Also over the last few months ive had a few passes through oleans. The river was still very high and the spillways were already open. It was like whitewater where lake maurepas was spilling into lake pontchartrain. And thats been going on for months. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
7/13/19 1:24 p.m.

I haven’t seen any Nola updates. Hopefully no news is good news. Surf’s up here, but so is the flesh-eating bacteria, so that’s pretty much a wash. I’m sure there is/will be flooding in low lying areas from the rain, but I’ve not seen any reports yet. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/13/19 2:17 p.m.

Pete, hopefully you dont get too much rain.

EDT
EDT Reader
7/13/19 3:18 p.m.

Here in the Covington/Mandeville area we’re enjoying the cooler weather. The rain hasn’t quite started yet and the wind hasn’t been bad but there’s more to come. Honestly people seem to be a bit disappointed, Barry was hyped up a lot. 

Floating Doc
Floating Doc SuperDork
7/13/19 6:42 p.m.

In reply to EDT :

"Be careful what you wish for."

I'm relieved that it took a left turn. I'm returning home to the east coast of Florida tomorrow. I worry about having a tropical system come through while I'm gone.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VJRo3ZKmPn1sENIWeLL9Jco0X13aUm9uQYHXVFolMmBcjUQeGfRAG7oktaICrG0q