8/29/18 8:16 p.m.
nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
8/29/18 8:16 p.m.

I've been wanting to post for days now. laugh

Antihero
Antihero HalfDork
8/29/18 8:21 p.m.

God thats ugly, the huge amount of space left in the rear wheel well is the first bit that caught my eye, but its far from the worst

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
8/29/18 8:50 p.m.

That is one gangley looking thing. What was it?

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
8/29/18 8:59 p.m.

'90 Sentra I believe.  Too lazy to go check. smiley

Wally
Wally MegaDork
8/29/18 9:25 p.m.

I would like to meet them just to see the kind of person that looks at a Sentra and says “I bet I could make an F40 out of that.”

Antihero
Antihero HalfDork
8/29/18 9:27 p.m.
Wally said:

I would like to meet them just to see the kind of person that looks at a Sentra and says “I bet I could make an F40 out of that.”

The same guy that built a Dino replica from a vw and his craigslist add said it was superior to the original?

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
8/29/18 9:28 p.m.

A lot of effort went into this, but yeah.... it falls too short of the mark to be good.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
8/29/18 9:33 p.m.

Here is the CL ad:

Ferrari/Nissan

Nissan sentra 1990 body ferrari 1991 mexican papers, it works perfect!
Willing to ship if you pay the shipping, email me for more pictures or information. It has the exact measures of a ferrari.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/29/18 10:30 p.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

Lol. Exact measures indeed. 

Exactly 4 wheels... just like an F40. 

Exactly 2 seats....just like an F40. 

Too bad there were so many man hours put into it only to get that result. 

Ransom
Ransom PowerDork
8/29/18 10:57 p.m.

I'm trying to imagine the process. I'm having a hard time imagining someone not seeing just how far from correct things were along the way. For instance, the front wheel well (or the rear) alone should be reason enough to say "Dang, this just isn't working. If the whole car is half as far off as this, it's going to be a travesty. I give up/get help/raise my standards/something..."

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
8/29/18 11:44 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

You really don't, I know of a hanger on, who ironically is a B13 and B15 fan, and I loathe the terrible input and ideas he gives to mutual contacts who are involved in motorsport, half his ideas would jeopardize a logbook. 

STM317
STM317 SuperDork
8/30/18 3:55 a.m.

It's like the builder has only seen Lego F40s, and they have no idea what the real car actually looks like.

Image result for lego f40

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
8/30/18 5:47 a.m.

I really wish I had the room & money for this. 

Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera HalfDork
8/30/18 6:07 a.m.

I think this Ferrari has been repainted.  F40s left the factory in Rosso Corsa and this one is clearly Rosso Scuderia.  Other than that...

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/30/18 6:34 a.m.
Indy-Guy said:

A lot of effort went into this, but yeah.... it falls too short of the mark to be good.

stanger_missle said:

So I can't figure out the weird negative space optical illusion thing going on with the front wheel arch.  In the top pic it looks recessed, but in the bottom pic it look like a tack-on flare.  WTF were they thinking?

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
8/30/18 6:44 a.m.

Image result for drugs are bad mkay

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/30/18 9:36 a.m.

The perfect lemons race car. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/30/18 9:42 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Except for the whole "overweight underpowered deathtrap with crappy suspension and marginal safety" thing...

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
8/30/18 9:47 a.m.
Duke said:
Appleseed said:

Except for the whole "overweight underpowered deathtrap with crappy suspension and marginal safety" thing...

I think it still qualifies on those counts.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/30/18 10:15 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:
Duke said:
Appleseed said:

I think it still qualifies on those counts.

Have you seen a lemons race?

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
8/30/18 10:27 a.m.

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
8/30/18 10:30 a.m.

There is a level of awesome here. For a few hundred bucks I would put it in my driveway.

As mentioned, a lemons race or rallycross would be a total hoot in that thing, even if it was slow and ugly. When you're done, sell the wheels to recoup your $300, hang the hood on your garage wall, call the scrap man, and try to get back to sleeping off your hangover.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
8/30/18 11:29 a.m.
Robbie said:

Looks like exact measures to me?

8valve
8valve Reader
8/30/18 11:31 a.m.

Sawzall those arches out, and some 31's.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
npwbeVsLycyWon82zHLfDr5l1vkynZ0q8Uc1gujS8PXGR2lpqsD8HQuiXK2BejKD