1 2 3
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/25/21 4:44 p.m.

Ok, let's see those snack mods! I'll start: Oreo plus peanut butter is better than Nutter Butter.

4/25/21 4:46 p.m.

Further research shows that peanut butter does not improve bacon. 

4/25/21 4:47 p.m.

And yes, I'm having peanut butter, bacon, and Oreos for dinner.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom UltimaDork
4/25/21 4:59 p.m.

Broccoli and mushrooms added to packet ramen.

Peas and/or tuna added to mac and cheese.

Some sliced fresh jalapeno (not en escabeche; that might be good, but fresh is what really worked for me here) on frozen pizza.

I tried putting EZ-Cheese on a Cheeto but it honestly didn't really improve either one.

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
4/25/21 5:01 p.m.

In reply to Jesse Ransom :

Jarred queso helps. At GFS they sell boxes of "individual" packs of queso.

Also queso on cold pizza is awesome. Especially if it's from a warmer of some sort. 

Karacticus
Karacticus Dork
4/25/21 5:02 p.m.

Depending on how sweet sensitive your teeth are (and the diabeetus), dragging your Oreos through a can of raspberry cream cheese frosting tastes awesome!

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
4/25/21 5:08 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

But bacon improves peanut butter. 

When we eat breakfast out and I get toast I save my bacon and eat it at the end with toast and peanut butter. Elvis inspired me 

gumby
gumby Dork
4/25/21 5:09 p.m.

This is false.

Peanut butter also goes just fine on bologna sandwiches. Fight me.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/25/21 5:27 p.m.

Twinkie Wiener Sandwich. Kneel before Weird Al.

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
4/25/21 5:30 p.m.

Chipotle mayo for the win.....works especially well on bacon.....

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
4/25/21 5:38 p.m.

As a kid I would open up pepperoni hot pockets and stuff them to the gills with cheese, then slather them with butter and garlic powder before microwaving them. 

Reese's Puffs cereal with whole chocolate milk is actually a bit much, I was surprised to find out.

I come by my weight with full culpability. 

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
4/25/21 5:57 p.m.

French fries dipped in vanilla ice cream or vanilla shakes is an awesome dichotomy of flavor.

Ranch dressing, italian dressing and/or salt on a pizza adds a good flavor profile.

Cheetos dipped in ketchup is good for a late night snack.

Yeah, I'm weird......

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/25/21 6:41 p.m.

None of these are weird enough so far so here's my weird one:

Buttermilk and Clamato, pepper and garlic powder added to taste

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) UberDork
4/25/21 6:42 p.m.

Red Baron $3 cheese pizza. Add 1/2 can pineapple tidbits(dried out a bit by sitting on paper towels), and two fresh jalapenos. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/25/21 6:49 p.m.

Get some of the speculos cookies from trader joe's. Dip them in the cookie butter. Cookieception. 

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
4/25/21 7:51 p.m.
rob_lewis said:

or salt on a pizza adds a good flavor profile.

Because between the sauce, cheese, and whatever cured meats you have on it there just isn't quite enough salt...

You people are disgusting

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom UltimaDork
4/25/21 8:01 p.m.

Oh, chili cheese Fritos in buttermilk. Kind of a savory cereal.

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
4/25/21 8:13 p.m.
Mr. Peabody said:
rob_lewis said:

or salt on a pizza adds a good flavor profile.

Because between the sauce, cheese, and whatever cured meats you have on it there just isn't quite enough salt...

You people are disgusting

It's no lie. Chain store pizzas need more salt. I understand the ridiculousness of it but I can't deny the improvement. 

Schmidlap
Schmidlap HalfDork
4/25/21 9:44 p.m.

And yes, I'm having peanut butter, bacon, and Oreos for dinner.

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter. :)

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/25/21 9:53 p.m.

Mix your powdered sweet iced tea with 7up instead of water.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UberDork
4/25/21 10:01 p.m.

Throw a couple eggs in the shell in with your ramen while you're boiling it.  Time is just long enough to give you a nice soft boiled egg with the ramen.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/25/21 10:06 p.m.

A bunch of Parmesan and some hotness (cayenne, crushed red pepper, hot sauce... whatever you have around) really does some wonders for that $0.89 box of macaroni and cheese. If you really want to get fancy, put some panko and butter and Parmesan in a frying Pan, continually stirring/flipping, basically frying the panko and cheese in the butter. Then put it on top of your Mac. 

Boost_Crazy
Boost_Crazy Dork
4/25/21 10:08 p.m.

Spread Doritos on a cookie tray. Sprinkle liberally with shredded cheddar cheese, and broil in the oven for about 3 to 4 minutes- enough to melt the cheese not not enough to burn the Doritos. 

Wierd one I discovered on accident. I once grabbed the wrong bottle and sprinkled cinnamon on my macaroni and cheese. It was oddly very good. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/25/21 10:44 p.m.

I have a case of Beefaroni in my locker for when I get stuck at work. I usually pick up a small block of Parmesan cheese and fresh mozzarella to mix in it. 

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom UltimaDork
4/25/21 11:18 p.m.

Open a tin of tuna, hit it with Tabasco, and grab a fork.

I'm spoiled by access to really good canned tuna now, but I learned this one on Chicken of the Sea.

Now I get it all through a friend who knows the folks who bought the fishing boat her folks named for her. The first time someone opened the normal stuff in front of her when she was a kid, she said "Don't eat that! That's gone bad or something."

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rOYvPuJgnGgjMNbxntBy6qKDDv7fDtZKzgxRgDTnFjCtVUqEDw2IMX3tgoYGKATI