2 3 4
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
4/28/21 5:25 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Peabody :

I bought a half pound to mix with my macaroni salad...

More for me!  The bonus is not only is it really filling compared to most meats, it's also cheap.  The deli I went to today had corned beef or pastrami at $15/pound, hard salami at $9/pound, lame-o bologna at $7/pound... and braunschweiger at $6/pound laugh

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
4/28/21 5:39 p.m.
bluej (Forum Supporter) said:

I can see the A1 thing, like BBQ on mac. Come to think of it, I'd be surprised if Dusterbd13 hadn't dropped one of those BBQ pork grenades on to a box of mac n cheese

That was going to be my recommendation, if he hasn't already done so. BBQ pork mac n cheese is one of my faves. Costco's smoked pulled pork works great for this.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
4/28/21 6:57 p.m.

I’ve never eaten macaroni and cheese 

llysgennad
llysgennad Reader
4/28/21 7:08 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to bluej (Forum Supporter) :

Mac and cheese is like rice, it's something add to.

Tuna?  Great

Ground beef?  Perfect

Fried egg?  Awesome

Peas and celery?  Now we're talking

I like it with ground beef and maybe tuna.

But the best is Hawaiian Mac-n-cheese. Diced ham and pineapple 

llysgennad
llysgennad Reader
4/28/21 7:12 p.m.

But we're not talking junk food any more.

Cottage cheese as dip for doritos or plain Lay's

Cinnamon sugar on scrambled eggs

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
4/28/21 8:47 p.m.

Take a bunch of Hershey's chocolate in a cup, pour a little half and half on them, microwave for a little at a time, take it out and stir, keep doing that until it's all liquidy: richest cup of hot chocolate known to man

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/29/21 8:55 a.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

That's because you're basically making ghetto ganache.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/29/21 9:22 a.m.
P3PPY said:

Take a bunch of Hershey's chocolate in a cup, pour a little half and half on them, microwave for a little at a time, take it out and stir, keep doing that until it's all liquidy: richest cup of hot chocolate known to man

Throw a bit of espresso grounds in there, even if you don't like coffee - it really gives it a nice boost, it makes it taste more chocolatey.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltimaDork
4/29/21 9:23 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Wxdude10 - Mike said:

Kraft Mac and Cheese and A1 sauce - savory, sweet, little fruity. Crazy good

See, world?  It IS awesome.  Nobody else believes me.

Okay, I can see this - but have you tried the other flavors of A1 on it? The Bold  and the Spicy (with Tobasco) versions will drive you away from ever buying standard A1 again.

I bet the spicy is amazing on Mac n cheese. 

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltimaDork
4/29/21 9:24 a.m.
Duke said:

In reply to P3PPY :

Now I know what I'm naming my next band.

hunter47
hunter47 New Reader
4/29/21 9:48 a.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

I add cracked black pepper and/or fennel to the filter basket of my coffee pot.

Now this I'm interested in. What's the specified ratio/amount of pepper and/or fennel to coffee? Do you add creamer/sugar to your coffee after? I drink my coffee black. I'm very anal retentive when it comes to that kind of stuff. I always do a 15:1 water/coffee ratio and I have a scale to make sure I hit it on the nose. I also break out the torque wrench for everything. I've broken a fair share of items with the gudentite bicep-type torque wrench.

I'm probably as vanilla as can be when it comes to food mods. Ranch on pizza is probably as wild as I get. 

I drink my coffee black, I drink my tea without sweeteners/milk, I typically enjoy my beef and pork lightly seasoned with salt/pepper and sauteed vegetables in the remaining fat. 

Now that I think about it I have the same philosphy with cars. I just want to drive the damn thing. The less time the car spends on the quickjacks the better.

Should I be modding my food? It seems like I'm missing out. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/29/21 9:52 a.m.
ultraclyde said:
Duke said:

In reply to P3PPY :

I actually thought that as I typed it.

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
4/29/21 5:23 p.m.
Duke said:
ultraclyde said:
Duke said:

In reply to P3PPY :

I actually thought that as I typed it.

I’m apparently even more clueless than my ganache- I don’t know what that is. But apparently it’s very drinkable!

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
4/29/21 6:22 p.m.
Mr. Peabody said:

I’ve never eaten macaroni and cheese 

Hand over your passport, traitor.

Also, HP sauce > A1 sauce, you ungrateful colonials.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
4/29/21 6:36 p.m.

Poutine either, though I love me some fries and gravy. 

Which reminds me of a junk food mod from the day.  In the high school cafeteria you could get a hamburger platter, hamburger and fries.  If you wanted gravy on the fries you asked for gravy on the fries. If you wanted gravy all over everything you ordered the splatter platter. About half the kids would then put ketchup All over it. At that point I could no longer look at it

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/29/21 8:10 p.m.

Opening this thread was probably a mistake while I'm on my intermittent starvation diet!

I'm a big fan of ranch dressing dipping sauce for honey BBQ wings. Also love cashews and goldfish together, because salted cashews aren't salty enough on their own!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/29/21 9:07 p.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

Ganache is a kind of smooth, shiny frosting made by melting semisweet dark chocolate into heavy cream. Like the chocolate on top of a good Boston Cream Pie.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/29/21 9:16 p.m.

Ghetto Ganache is a great band name

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
4/29/21 9:56 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

Ghetto Ganache is a great band name

At the concerts they will spray my concoction into the crowd. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
5/8/21 6:14 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

Ok, let's see those snack mods! I'll start: Oreo plus peanut butter is better than Nutter Butter.

I just did tried this, and I can emblematically say that it egregiated the flabor right off the top of the flabor meter.  Although it seems that my speech is impedimented.

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I4ooPhMQDjkYzqZDXr3uz5dSNO2EuBjUH7VPq5FGvCNi7055G56qVQvGfwA0zxTC