1 2
HappyAndy
HappyAndy Reader
3/18/09 3:58 p.m.

What if I go to a shopping centre and get chased by baddies in a Corvette? It happens you know.

One of TGs best ever! Fiesta vs Corvette

Ford couldn't have paid for a better commercial if they tried.

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard SonDork
3/18/09 4:03 p.m.

I liked when they drove it through 4 feet of salt water, too.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
3/18/09 4:14 p.m.

Yeah that was a good episode. The small Ford sure did have an advantage in the tight conditions of driving in the mall. At one point it looks like the Corvette had to go back an forth about 100 times to get around the one really tight corner.

The Stig driving the Caterham was awesome as well.

wherethefmi
wherethefmi Reader
3/18/09 4:46 p.m.

Do you really want the base model? cause I'm sure that one's E36 M3 too!

amaff
amaff HalfDork
3/18/09 8:29 p.m.

Is it green?

And yes, the power lap of the R500 was an excellent bit of driving. Talk about grabbing a car by the scruff of it's neck!

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
3/18/09 8:34 p.m.

I have driven in a mall.. rather a surreal experience to say the least.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
3/18/09 10:58 p.m.

I am lukewarm on Vettes, but you hafta admit, that thing sounds all kinds of saxxy

Appleseed
Appleseed Reader
3/18/09 11:12 p.m.

Did anyone else immediately think of "The Blues Brothers?"

"Lotsa space in this mall..."

"New Oldsmobiles are in early this year..."

"Pier One Imports..."

"This place has everything."

Keith
Keith SuperDork
3/18/09 11:32 p.m.

I love that R500 lap. It really shows why you want a lightweight instead of a supercar. It looks like SO MUCH FUN!

And it is

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry New Reader
3/18/09 11:34 p.m.

This is my new favorite Top Gear clip.

Ice Cream truck jumps inflatable fun houses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpoEi0Lx2sQ

gamby
gamby SuperDork
3/18/09 11:38 p.m.

That clip was so much fun. Saw it online a few months ago. Still wonderful the second time around.

My favorite part of Monday's episode was Stig's run around the test track in the Caterham. That was so berkeleying gnarly I watched it three times. His reflexes as that thing got LOOSE at ludicrous speed were just amazing. A truly mindblowing lap--that beat the Veyron. Now that's grassroots.

mtn
mtn Dork
3/18/09 11:43 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Did anyone else immediately think of "The Blues Brothers?" "Lotsa space in this mall..." "New Oldsmobiles are in early this year..." "Pier One Imports..." "This place has everything."

First thing I thought of

Appleseed
Appleseed Reader
3/18/09 11:43 p.m.

I found it so cool that the Stig basically told the Veyron to suck it with that lap.

driver109x
driver109x Reader
3/19/09 12:15 a.m.

Another good show. I also like the Ferrari Daytona vs. the speedboat. I think next week's episode will have Jay Leno and that electric car but I'm sure you interweb savy folks have seen it already.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
3/19/09 12:28 a.m.
driver109x wrote: Another good show. I also like the Ferrari Daytona vs. the speedboat. I think next week's episode will have Jay Leno and that electric car but I'm sure you interweb savy folks have seen it already.

I try to watch them on TV instead of on the web.

I loved the scenery in the Daytona/speedboat episode. The cinematography really romanticized the beauty and class of the Daytona, as well. I really wanted one after that episode.

I also dug the 60's-era French movie music that they played in one of the sequences. I couldn't find what it was.

mtn
mtn Dork
3/19/09 1:17 a.m.
gamby wrote:
driver109x wrote: Another good show. I also like the Ferrari Daytona vs. the speedboat. I think next week's episode will have Jay Leno and that electric car but I'm sure you interweb savy folks have seen it already.
I try to watch them on TV instead of on the web.

I like it on TV for the viewing, but the content on the web is better. They cut out about 15-20 minutes of it on the TV (mostly studio-stuff)

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 Dork
3/19/09 8:51 a.m.

While I certainly haven't tried the antics they pulled off, I have driven through a mall on several occasions for random displays... hearing your exhaust echo off the glass front of the Gap is one of life's little pleasures

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/19/09 9:34 a.m.
hotrodlarry said: This is my new favorite Top Gear clip. Ice Cream truck jumps inflatable fun houses http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpoEi0Lx2sQ

"Mum, can I have a go at the bouncy castle?"

longhorndude
longhorndude New Reader
3/19/09 9:35 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: Did anyone else immediately think of "The Blues Brothers?" "Lotsa space in this mall..." "New Oldsmobiles are in early this year..." "Pier One Imports..." "This place has everything."

great movie, it was what i was thinking...

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
3/19/09 10:00 a.m.

but the vette just looks menacing.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Reader
3/19/09 11:11 a.m.
longhorndude wrote:
great movie, it was what i was thinking...

Yup, you guys beat me to it.

S2Fella
S2Fella New Reader
3/19/09 7:19 p.m.

So where do I watch whole episodes on the web? Are you talking about the iTunes downloads, or somewhere else?

RexSeven
RexSeven HalfDork
3/19/09 7:28 p.m.
S2Fella wrote: So where do I watch whole episodes on the web? Are you talking about the iTunes downloads, or somewhere else?

Hessmo.com

wherethefmi
wherethefmi Reader
3/19/09 8:31 p.m.

finalgear.com is good too

EPN
EPN New Reader
3/19/09 9:29 p.m.

Hessmo is where it's at.

definitely my favorite show of all time... i wish i could go watch one.

SO awesome.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GOFfDjkfW5nGT4IE5Kb9PRHP89NnuKpFwtsq2jkmNyB5Swep7hzDmJs4cpLKHWhg