1 2
carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
8/2/12 10:35 p.m.

There's nothing, nada, zip, zilch that excites or even interests me in the Olympics.

I try to watch it but I get bored very quickly. I think it's the whole method of the announcement, lead ins and their feeble attempts to build excitement.

Ian F
Ian F UberDork
8/2/12 10:40 p.m.

Women's Beach Vollyball. If that doesn't stir something in you, then yes - you are broken.

flountown
flountown Reader
8/2/12 10:40 p.m.

You have to watch the fringe sports, try watching a men's handball or field hockey game, very intense stuff. Better yet, watch the Dutch women's field hockey team, and you can find a lot to excite or interest you...

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
8/2/12 11:32 p.m.

Haven't seen the volleyball nor the Dutch women's field hockey.

I watch the supposedly big stuff and yawn but so far no fringe sports as the wife hollers to "come watch this" when the big stuff happens.

I'm going to have a whole house full of olympic watching people over beginning tomorrow about noon and they won't leave till Sunday aft. They aren't coming to watch the olympics but I'm sure that will be the TV show of choice. I'm either going to be totally bored all weekend or in my bedroom watching all the F1 races I've DVR'd but haven't had time to watch.

Mr. Anti-Social.

Wally
Wally UltimaDork
8/2/12 11:59 p.m.

You're not alone. Noone would watch these sports away from the Olympics. When was the last time you were checking out at the grocery and someone said "Hey, can ya hurry up? I'm gonna miss water polo."

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
8/3/12 12:05 a.m.

In reply to carguy123:

You must be watching NBC.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
8/3/12 12:47 a.m.

I am proud to say I haven't watched a single minute of the Olympics.

Amateur my arse

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
8/3/12 1:01 a.m.

K, y'all made me finally look, women's gymnastics on now... more like semi-pubescent girls. Now I feel like a creepy old guy.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
8/3/12 1:46 a.m.

I'd like the Olympics much more if NBC's coverage wasn't so America! We're the only ones that matter! I love the international aspect of the Olympics, I don't want to see just the USA teams dammit.

Screw you, Bob Costas.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy PowerDork
8/3/12 5:19 a.m.

The Olympics are on? huh...

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
8/3/12 5:31 a.m.

In reply to BoostedBrandon:

Exactly.

I don't mind rooting for the US team, but it would be nice to see more of the events. In womens (girls) gymnastics, based on the TV coverage, one would assume that there are only 4 countries competing. US, Chine, Russia, and every once is a while they'll sneak in Romania just so they can mention 1976.

I'm finding the coverage is terrible. The tape delays are irritating. The segmenting of a single event into 5 pieces to try to capture viewers is stupid. We already know who won - just show us the event.

On top of all that, there is Bob Costas.

When does soccer come on? I haven't seen it yet. Mostly just coverage of gymnastics and swimming so far from what I have seen. Zzzzzz.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
8/3/12 5:42 a.m.

I agree... NBC is doing a terrible job... worst part is.. they have the contract for the next 10 years

mapper
mapper Reader
8/3/12 6:15 a.m.

If you have cable or satellite go to http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/index.html

You have to sign in with your provider credentials and then you can watch any event, televised or not.

Disclaimer: I know some don't have cable or satellite. I'm just pointing out an option. It's the only way I've been able to see some of the more obscure sports that I want to watch like rowing, track cycling, and fencing.

Ian F
Ian F UberDork
8/3/12 6:56 a.m.

While at the bar during lunch yesterday, the tv in front of us had women's beach vollyball, followed by women's team track sprints. In addition to the normal pleasant bar maids, trying out Sam Adam's new Norse Legend, it was a nice lunch.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH PowerDork
8/3/12 7:46 a.m.

I haven't been watching it either, was never interested in it. And it's better not to support the awful litigious Olympics committee.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UberDork
8/3/12 8:13 a.m.

Track and field finally starts today, I enjoy watching that.

PHeller
PHeller SuperDork
8/3/12 8:18 a.m.

The commentary is horrendous.

Explain the sport, give some background on the athletes, then shut the berkley up.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden Dork
8/3/12 9:42 a.m.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2182839/Olympics-2012-Canadian-Italian-beach-volleyball-stars-hands-other.html

Good photos

iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
8/3/12 9:45 a.m.

Olympics ?

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
8/3/12 9:47 a.m.

I agree the coverage has been terrible, but did you see the Men's Gymnastics Individual competition? Those guys are completely insane on the high-bar. I used to compete as a kid, and some of those release moves are just NUTS!

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter PowerDork
8/3/12 9:47 a.m.

Bob Costas is such a Bob Costas.

Jay
Jay UltraDork
8/3/12 10:01 a.m.

I love the games. I'm watching the men's trampoline live right now and honestly, it's more entertaining than the last five car races I saw combined. Some of the moves they're pulling are absurd!

I think the coverage in Canada is a lot better than what you US guys get. But I do wish the announcers would shut up and let the athletes do their thing once in a while.

(BTW while I was writing this, a guy named Dong Dong just took the gold. I'm not making that up!)

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH PowerDork
8/3/12 10:05 a.m.

Gold in the men's pole vault?

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
8/3/12 10:06 a.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: Bob Costas is such a Bob Costas.

He is SOOOOOO annoying

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
8/3/12 10:07 a.m.

August 8th - Olympic BMX > the rest of the olympics

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
72O0NrVtqSPxqiSXbBLqNz5Kw1cBZ8zpPltSYAkMQKPQfoVCHdLObauiKNqSFdwU