1 2 3
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/29/23 12:56 p.m.
jfryjfry said:

she very well could be plotting away as I type.   She has slacked a little recently so maybe I'm in the clear!

i appreciate the ideas and help.  

Unless this is her typing and she's hijacked your info- I sense danger. Tigers don't change their stripes. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/29/23 1:14 p.m.

If she uses a push up deodorant, roll it down and fill the empty area with cream cheese?

Go to a Pack & Ship store, but a UPS or Fed-Ex lave addressed to SWMBO from, I dunno, Victoria Secret, Macy's; some place she likes.  Glitter Bomb!

I wouldn't suggest it to someone you have to sleep with, but once we rolled back the sunroof of a VW Bug, rolled up the windows and filled the car with leaves.

Go out on a very cold night (0 or less is good) and hose her car down every half hour with a garden hose set on Mist.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
3/29/23 1:24 p.m.

Just some innocent, super annoying ones: 

- Jump the horn relay to the brake light switch on her car...

- use her cell number and email to set up something SUPER SOUGHT AFTER and cheap for sale on marketplace/craigslist...

- set up grocery delivery for an entire store's worth of Ramen delivered to her office... Or a Singing telegram/Cameo in an embarrassing place. 

- Set up a scavenger hunt that stages to be all romantic, but at the end it's just her in a far away, annoying place, all alone... haha. 

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
3/29/23 2:20 p.m.

Haven't read through all the suggestions, but here's mine. 

Airbag, 12v battery, remote trigger device (amazon), glitter. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/29/23 2:26 p.m.

Anyone that has said glitter, has never had to clean up glitter. 

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
3/29/23 3:28 p.m.
Mndsm said:

Anyone that has said glitter, has never had to clean up glitter. 

He said prank, not violate the Geneva convention with craft herpes.

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
3/29/23 5:40 p.m.

Put me in the camp of not faking an injury or such.  I would be livid. 

This one doesn't really fit in this situation, but it is still the best prank I've heard.  Two guys are best buddies, one is happily married and the other is a lifetime bachelor.  The single guy has a first date coming up with a very attractive lady that he tells he buddy about and mentions the restaurant they are going to.    On the night of the date, married guy goes to the restaurant with his two kids, ages 8 or 10 or something close to that.  The kid's dad pays each of the kids to play a joke on dad's friend who they definitely know.  In the middle of dinner the two kids go running up to dad's friend on the date and say "daddy, daddy, daddy, mom is outside and she is really mad".   The friend obviously knows these kids and knows right away what's up.  Fortunately  the lady did have a sense of humor.  

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
3/30/23 11:14 a.m.

We're too close, but maybe a future year.

The guy who bought my 1966 Impala had bought his wife a hot-wheels model of the car.  One day he put it in the center of their garage bay.  For weeks he was adamant that it stay there, and no one park in there or move the car.  Then he let his wife see him watering it.

One day she went to work and there was that annoying hot wheels on the wet spot in the garage.  When she got home, there was my old 1966 Impala in it's place (it was for her).

"SEE????  I told you it would work!"

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
3/30/23 11:55 a.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) :

That's a good one!

No Time
No Time UltraDork
3/30/23 12:34 p.m.

It may be better to plan for the long game.

Take steps this year  to let her think you are making big plans and then just let it pass or do something small. 

Hopefully that will set you up for her guard to be down next year when you have more time to execute a bigger plan. 

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
3/31/23 9:24 a.m.

tell her this was you and you lost it. Unless that really was you in which case, freaking awesome

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/31/23 10:36 a.m.

A friend was pranked by his wife.  He worked the afternoon shift (4 pm - midnight) and enjoyed playing Lotto.  The numbers for any given day are announced at the 11:00pm news, his wife would write the numbers down and leave them on the kitchen table where he would sit down with a cup of coffee in the morning and see if he's a millionaire.

One Friday night she wrote them down and Saturday morning they were both sitting at the table having coffee.  First ticket - nothing.

Second ticket - "Hm got two, but you need three to get any money".

He goes through the rest, she asks if he wanted more coffee.  "Sure".  She goes to get some and he announces, "Holy crap, three numbers".

Oh that's good, right?   He didn't notice she didn't not come back to the table.

"HEY, FOUR!"

Oh good honey.

"OMG. FIVE NUMBERS!!!"

She tip toed past and locked herself in the bathroom.

"HOLY BERKELEY, we just won $2.5 MILLION!" 

Then he heard the laughter coming from the bathroom ......

She copied the numbers off one of his tickets to mess with him.

So, I apologize for the glitter, but only you know where to poke your wife; her special weakness that may open the trap door.

spandak
spandak Dork
4/1/23 8:33 p.m.

Here for the update

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
4/1/23 9:27 p.m.
spandak said:

Here for the update

Probably still waiting for the bail bondsman

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
4/1/23 9:30 p.m.
spandak said:

Here for the update

Katie and I spent the afternoon together, and she actually asked: What happened with forum dude who needed an April Fool's prank? (And full disclosure, we were both Team Cream Cheese Deodorant.)

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
4/1/23 11:03 p.m.
spandak said:

Here for the update

I desperately was looking for either an appropriate junk car to be delivered or someone with a tow truck to repossess our van (which would only work because even though we own all of our vehicles my wife would likely not properly process that if she saw the van on the hook) but work got super busy. I ended up in 5 different crashes yesterday and today was non-stop big setups which kept me from being able to source and schedule either. 

but I don't subscribe to the one-day per-year-for-pranks policy so I'll make sure something happens soon

Rons
Rons HalfDork
4/2/23 12:33 a.m.

In scheming for pranks having some kernel of truth or perceived truth can help set the hook so I present https://variety.com/2023/tv/global/netflix-cbc-aptn-arctic-comedy-inuit-1235568414/ Tell your wife you're being recruited to be stunt coordinator, but you need to find Intutuk lessons for yourself and any family who will visit you. Can she help?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/3/23 9:19 a.m.
jfryjfry said:
spandak said:

Here for the update

I desperately was looking for either an appropriate junk car to be delivered or someone with a tow truck to repossess our van (which would only work because even though we own all of our vehicles my wife would likely not properly process that if she saw the van on the hook) but work got super busy. I ended up in 5 different crashes yesterday and today was non-stop big setups which kept me from being able to source and schedule either. 

but I don't subscribe to the one-day per-year-for-pranks policy so I'll make sure something happens soon

Not really related but- listening to your life is fascinating. I don't know anyone else that could say "I ended up in five different crashes" and just be non chalant like you were getting a pizza. 

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
4/3/23 9:44 a.m.
jfryjfry said:
I ended up in 5 different crashes yesterday

Without the context of your day job, that sounds absolutely terrible.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ECfRlVPDMKIzohy9AloM4I80tAlqbt9LNfUncf35vRS5YvN6EUdLwPbZXBXxJe7T