porksboy
porksboy SuperDork
11/20/11 7:02 p.m.

http://www.ralphlaurencarcollection.com/

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
11/20/11 8:26 p.m.

Does anything in the world sound better than a Ferrari GTO 250, damn, my pants got very tight.

Woody
Woody SuperDork
11/20/11 8:34 p.m.

I invented the Grunge look, but nobody gives me credit.

fasted58
fasted58 SuperDork
11/20/11 8:55 p.m.

too bad wealth and exotic cars are wasted on the rich

N Sperlo
N Sperlo SuperDork
11/20/11 9:00 p.m.
Woody wrote: I invented the Grunge look, but nobody gives me credit.

Found this old picture of you:

pigeon
pigeon Dork
11/20/11 10:43 p.m.

Not bad for a guy who started out selling ties!

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Dork
11/21/11 12:17 a.m.

You know, I have respect for Ralph Lauren. He worked from nothing to become who he is now. He has one of the most excellent car collections in the US. He also drives all of them, no beauty queens.

Same thing with Michael Kittredge, the founder of Yankee Candle Company. He started making candles out of his parents house 30 years ago and now is a millionaire. He also has a spectacular car collection.

These guys deserve to own cool cars. They worked to be where they are now. They also aren't afraid to drive those cars either.

Woody
Woody SuperDork
11/21/11 7:19 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: Same thing with Michael Kittredge, the founder of Yankee Candle Company. He started making candles out of his parents house 30 years ago and now is a millionaire. He also has a spectacular car collection.

He used to have a car museum attached to his main store, for all the guys who got stuck driving their wives up to Yankee Candle. In the museum, he had a Ferrari 308 (which probably tossed a cam belt at some point) that was open for anyone to climb into and pretend that they're Magnum. Brilliant!

Unfortunately, the car museum is now the employee health club.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
11/21/11 7:21 a.m.

I saw that show in boston when my son went to the School of the Museum of Fine Arts. You could look at that Bugatti 57 Atlantic for hours!

Dan

Woody
Woody SuperDork
11/21/11 7:25 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
Woody wrote: I invented the Grunge look, but nobody gives me credit.
Found this old picture of you:

There's 100% more heroin in that picture than I've ever been around in my life.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
11/21/11 7:44 a.m.

Moguls?

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam SuperDork
11/21/11 9:24 a.m.

It's a shame Ralph Lauren is such a douche, he actually has pretty good taste in cars.

Duke
Duke SuperDork
11/21/11 10:25 a.m.
Twin_Cam wrote: It's a shame Ralph Lauren is such a douche, he actually has pretty good taste in cars.

I have a friend who is making a minor internet career for himself photographing exotic cars in the wild. He lives part-time in Colorado, near Lauren's ranch where many of the cars are kept. He basically stalked Lauren in the Veyron one day, taking rolling pictures, until Ralph pulled over and politely offered to let him take all the stills he wanted, inside and out. Didn't sound too douchey to me.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam SuperDork
11/21/11 10:53 a.m.
Duke wrote:
Twin_Cam wrote: It's a shame Ralph Lauren is such a douche, he actually has pretty good taste in cars.
I have a friend who is making a minor internet career for himself photographing exotic cars in the wild. He lives part-time in Colorado, near Lauren's ranch where many of the cars are kept. He basically stalked Lauren in the Veyron one day, taking rolling pictures, until Ralph pulled over and politely offered to let him take all the stills he wanted, inside and out. Didn't sound too douchey to me.

Well, you can't judge a book by it's cover, I guess. I suppose what I meant to say was, if he has such talent and is (apparently) a nice guy, why not do something to better the world instead of, say, design clothing?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
11/21/11 11:04 a.m.
Twin_Cam wrote:
Duke wrote:
Well, you can't judge a book by it's cover, I guess. I suppose what I meant to say was, if he has such talent and is (apparently) a nice guy, why not do something to better the world instead of, say, design clothing?

So basically because of a guy's profession he is a douchebag?

I think it is cool that he did what he loved was able to make a lot of money and gets to play with cool cars.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
11/21/11 11:09 a.m.

I would REALLY like to see Art Deco make a comeback for automotive design.

4eyes
4eyes HalfDork
11/24/11 1:01 a.m.
ReverendDexter wrote: I would REALLY like to see Art Deco make a comeback for automotive design.

PLUS ELEVENTY-BAZZILLION!!!

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
11/24/11 8:05 p.m.

I don't really care about clothes, but if the man's taste in cars is indicative of his eye for design, the man knows the difference between "fashion" and "style". Website's got a problem though..looks like they call the D-Type Jag an "XKD".

ainsliejones
ainsliejones None
12/18/11 11:32 p.m.

Bentley is my dream .I want to buy now i am doing job as fashion designer . I have to collect money for that I 'll buy it I loved it so much . I am working for online shop onlygowns , My company helped me a lot personally too like they helped their customer's for buy in Prom Dresses and Gowns and Dresses.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
puRsLh49F6G6yeykNK7fLDBkuLmsBwjfhXAmXWjopuWLc3Lyy6XrfopdPXcN64Bo