2 3 4 5 6
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/13/17 3:44 p.m.

@flyinmiata. We're a little repetitive when it comes to subject matter

I've seen quite a difference in the people we engage with via IG and via FB. They're definitely hitting different demographics.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
2/13/17 3:57 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

I already have a hard enough time keeping my wallet closed, but I suppose I'll follow you anyway.

Mine is @cm0180

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
2/13/17 4:08 p.m.

In reply to cmcgregor:

Challenge accepted.

pheller
pheller PowerDork
2/13/17 4:29 p.m.

I like Instagram because it seems to cut to the chase. I just want to SEE what people are doing, not necessarily listen to them share political thoughts or stories or whatever.

Downside of course is sometimes people like to brag without actually telling us about the sacrifices necessary to wander around the continent in a van.

"Hey look at this picture of my super hot girlfriend in this tidal pool of the Caribbean island oh what a life!"

I try my best to be realistic.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/13/17 4:39 p.m.

I'm still posting at davidswallens. It's a mix of cars, dogs, bikes, travel, guitars and random stuff. In fact, I recently posted some photos from last week's trip to New York, so it's pretty much up to date.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/13/17 4:40 p.m.
pheller wrote: I like Instagram because it seems to cut to the chase. I just want to SEE what people are doing, not necessarily listen to them share political thoughts or stories or whatever.

The flip side is that if people don't see it in the picture at a glance, it doesn't exist. There's no time for any sort of attention to detail, just OOOO SHINY. It means you have to tell the entire story visually, which can be quite a challenge or impossible.

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
2/13/17 4:45 p.m.
Jumper K. Balls wrote: @trentliles Mostly whatever I am working on that day.
A photo posted by ditchdigger (@trentliles) on Feb 13, 2017 at 10:56am PST
Noticed that there is a scratch on my lens today too

Followed!

I post under @craigar45, but mostly consume. What little I post seems to be largely sourdough, work travel, and daughter based.

Powar
Powar UltraDork
2/15/17 8:09 a.m.

@powar17 seems to be a pretty cool guy with a collection of crappy cars.

(#)grmphoto is always awesome.

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
2/15/17 1:07 p.m.

I like the comparative lack of drama compared to Facebook. I have a number of relatives that make getting out of bed and pouring cereal sound like they are slaying dragons and teetering on the brink of suicide.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
2/15/17 1:11 p.m.
Wall-e wrote: I like the comparative lack of drama compared to Facebook. I have a number of relatives that make getting out of bed and pouring cereal sound like they are slaying dragons and teetering on the brink of suicide.

Hahaha. I love it. In addition to posting on FB, those same people are on every conference call I have to be involved in.

RevRico
RevRico Dork
2/15/17 1:12 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: @flyinmiata. We're a little repetitive when it comes to subject matter I've seen quite a difference in the people we engage with via IG and via FB. They're definitely hitting different demographics.

Not having Instagram, I really like that whoever is taking care of the account dual posts to Twitter. Some really pretty pictures coming out of the shop.

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
2/15/17 3:37 p.m.

In reply to Huckleberry:

I have a relative who works ten minutes from home in a mindless office job at an elementary school and and posts every morning trying muster the strength to do it. She uses the phrase "I got this" at least twice a week usually referring to having to make her own coffee.

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UltraDork
2/15/17 5:07 p.m.

I'm still @minivanracer I try not to post anything non car related to it, because who really cares about what I'm eating. I do post scenery when we go out to state parks or wherever sometimes.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
2/15/17 5:24 p.m.

In reply to minivan_racer:

I get inspiration from what other people eat. Especially Duct Tape & Bondo, that guy eats great looking food.

Also want to give a shout out to @rlcweldfab. I bought a shot bag stand from him after seeing a post of one he made on instagram and it is awesome.

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
2/15/17 6:03 p.m.

I like seeing things people post in addition to their car stuff. I've gotten lots of ideas for places I want to go from seeing what everyone is visiting. Mine, wally13us, is a lot of cars and random stuff I find during the day. It's mostly just to amuse myself.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/15/17 8:22 p.m.
RevRico wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote: @flyinmiata. We're a little repetitive when it comes to subject matter I've seen quite a difference in the people we engage with via IG and via FB. They're definitely hitting different demographics.
Not having Instagram, I really like that whoever is taking care of the account dual posts to Twitter. Some really pretty pictures coming out of the shop.

Thank Instagram for that. The app lets you cross-post to Twitter and FB at the same time. It's a bit of a pain if you're using a real camera, but it's worth it. Thanks for the kind words!

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
2/16/17 12:09 a.m.

Still @syntheticblinkerfluid on the ol' Instagram. You can come see what the visual version of incoherent rambling is.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
2/16/17 12:17 a.m.

@g_body _man over on instagram (but with no spaces as there's a minor formatting issue on here when I try it in its proper form). It's mostly my car, but I also sometimes post pics of pizza.

jde
jde HalfDork
2/19/17 1:46 p.m.
Wall-e wrote: I like seeing things people post in addition to their car stuff. I've gotten lots of ideas for places I want to go from seeing what everyone is visiting. Mine, wally13us, is a lot of cars and random stuff I find during the day. It's mostly just to amuse myself.

That's my approach. Mostly cool mechanical stuff I encounter in my travels, but if I stumble across an unusual piece of history, architecture, signage, brewery, etc I've geeked out about, I'll toss that up too.

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
2/19/17 11:47 p.m.

I've been clogging the crap out of instagram with my #beyondvegas pics. @joey48442

jsquared
jsquared HalfDork
2/20/17 6:00 a.m.

I'm @jsquared1013 on there, almost all car stuff. Haven't posted anything recently due to a lengthy business trip in an area with lousy internet

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UberDork
2/20/17 7:55 a.m.

I like Instagram because I've always been a hobby photographer and I enjoy telling stories with pictures. My active IG is @pedaltrash which is for my side business designing cycling clothing. It's a general lifestyle thing - cycling, food, drinks, adventures. Anything I think might be interesting to people who like having a good time on bikes. OTOH, I follow a lot of stuff about cars, boats, and Georgia outdoors stuff.

It's interesting - I have a FB page for the business too, but the reach is very different. The FB pulls mostly local interest while the IG reaches world wide. Hashtags, er, pound signs, are a great way for people to discover stuff that wouldn't otherwise see you.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
2/21/17 2:02 a.m.

I have a new Moto G4 Plus only a few days away so I'll join then. I doubt my original Moto from Republic wireless could handle another app - I've downloaded like one that I can think of . I might still have to wait on a new sim card too. I kinda like city houses and cars of course.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UberDork
2/21/17 11:49 a.m.

I'm still @silverfleet on there. I mostly use it for posting video game finds, guitar stuff, and yes, car stuff.

Rufledt
Rufledt UberDork
4/24/17 1:00 p.m.

Been trying to add you guys but my phone internet is spotty at the moment, I'm @pauls.garage I think

2 3 4 5 6
Our Preferred Partners
fcnjxm9E7j96jbGAbBmg0hxE48hJ3MEvQ4FELGFcHdy2BWi8eMJXmIaWLekafMsf