trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
7/19/18 2:55 p.m.

Not yet ready to race because of budget or experience? Interested in having fun and working on a race team?

At Lake Effect Racing we have opportunities for people that are interested in taking the first step and getting involved. No experience necessary!!

Requirements:

• Be able to travel to the track
  • Take direction

For those that work with us

• Food and fee’s (if applicable) are provided.
  • Paid in experience and fun.
  • Outings, Social Events
  • Work to race programs in 2019

Opportunities in 2018

• July 29th Fun Day Work Day
  • VIR 24 August 10-12
  • PITT Race OCT 5-7

Location of the Car:

Rad Air Complete Car Care and Tire Centers

29257 Anderson Rd, Wickliffe, OH 44092

Contact Information: If you are interested please PM or contact me at lakeeffectrac1ng@outlook.com

TasdevEngineer2of3
TasdevEngineer2of3 New Reader
7/19/18 9:11 p.m.

Might say a little more about what kind of help and work you need done.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
7/20/18 6:10 a.m.

In reply to TasdevEngineer2of3 :

I did this stuff out of college.  Don’t ask questions just do it.  More fun than lighting a Land Rover on Fire in a field. 

Wally
Wally MegaDork
7/20/18 6:21 p.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine :

You’re absolutely right. None of the teams I worked on turned away good people regardless of their skill level and we all had fun. We’ve had guys that couldn’t do much beyond clean but loved being around racing.  Then cleaning frees others up to do what they know and we were able to teach them to do more as time went on.  

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
7/20/18 6:51 p.m.

When I was playing music, we referred to this as a "food gig".

Racing is good. Getting to do it without having to spend your own money is even better.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
7/20/18 6:56 p.m.

This sounds like what I do with Logdog’s Champcar team. It’s a lot of fun.

I don’t believe they’re doing the Pittsburgh race this year, so I might be available!

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
7/21/18 8:11 a.m.

In reply to TasdevEngineer2of3 :

General help, pit stops, fueling, tire pressure, cooking, preparing the car, changing tires, engines, we have jobs for all skill sets. We do travel to different tracks so it is also a opportunity for folks to visit tracks they always wanted. 

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
7/21/18 8:12 a.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon : keep in touch. We would be happy to have another GRMer

pheller
pheller PowerDork
7/21/18 8:57 a.m.

I have a buddy and his dad who would be all about helping out but unfortunately your just a bit too far out from Erie.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WYbZmDtVKDjBRjQsKAywsjblpucnPiLtqbqhfsQEBESVQEETAkvg6DbNOHtGQdYw