1 2
Xceler8x
Xceler8x HalfDork
1/14/09 12:49 p.m.
CrackMonkey wrote: you just have to learn to conserve momentum and pick good lines.

Kind of like snorting coke?

gamby
gamby SuperDork
1/14/09 6:18 p.m.
CrackMonkey wrote:
gamby wrote: Fixed Mountainbike seems useless. I don't even understand singlespeed moutainbikes. I need me some gears if I'm going to climb.
Where do you live? Here in the mid-Atlantic, the terrain is rolling with not much in the way of sustained climbs until you get to the Blue Ridge. Single-speeds work very well here - you just have to learn to conserve momentum and pick good lines.

RI. Haven't been in the saddle in awhile, but you can ask Sonic--the trails we used to ride in MA were pretty challenging at times. A 1-mile granny gear honk isn't going to be compatible w/ a fixie.

Most of the trails around here involve some decent hills.

donalson
donalson SuperDork
1/15/09 2:31 a.m.
MitchellC wrote: If I ever upgrade my bicycle click-in pedals are definitely the next step. I rode in the rain today and it was terrible; my feet kept slipping off.

clipless is one of the best things i ever did on a bike... lets you get the power down and feet stay where you want em (on the pedals usualy haha)... lot more control of the bike... at least thats how it was for me on a MTB...

around here SS is pretty big... although everyone thought i was nuts for riding rigid (although i have gears haha)...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sWtiRNPs3f9pB9ilzaBR55OWweUVLDh5VaV4KYzBBcPW1S9uiSVqeLDioBHt4Hzm