OJ_Simpson New Reader
11/29/21 3:26 p.m.

I'm interested......

Very interested...

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/9/21 3:14 p.m.
polinarew said:

I really like it. It's such an austere car. Like for a real brutal man. Who will not care about any roads. It would be ideal to give my husband such a car for his birthday))

Interesting choice of words.  One of the reason I really like the Bronco, and have ever since the early sketches, is that it isn't austere or brutal.  To me those adjectives are what I think of when I see modern pick-em-up trucks.  They all feel like they are trying to look like military grade doomesday machines for wanna be tactitools, where the Bronco feels more like an old school, simple but effective, more organic and non threatening machine.  I'm NOT saying your viewpoint is wrong, just that it's interesting how people can have totally different emotions about something.

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
12/13/21 11:16 a.m.

Finally saw a non sport version in the wild. Why would anyone even consider buying the sport version?

It still looks a lot like generic crossover bullE36 M3, but the non sport with removable top almost has its own identity in body lines. Certainly more attention grabbing even in grey, which seems to be the only color sold in my area. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/13/21 11:23 a.m.

The B-Sport is on the same chassis as the Escape, just "butched up" a bit.  Its competitors in the Jeep world are the current Cherokee/Compass/Renegade.  

The full-Bronco's competitor is the Wrangler.  

Jeep sells more Cherokee/Compass/Renegade than it does Wranglers.  

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/13/21 12:23 p.m.

Just as I expected and predicted in my first post

What they teased us with:

New Ford Bronco Confirmed As Family Of Off-Road Vehicles

The reality:

2022 Ford Bronco™ Sport | Standard 4x4 Capability

When you see the new Bronco on the street, it's just so obviously a plain-jane unibody CUV like everything else.  It's like calling a Compass a Jeep.  It ain't.  It's a Fiat 500x

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/13/21 12:28 p.m.

It looks like a 10 year old Ford Escape. I would be more interested in a vintage 1970 Bronco with a 302.

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
12/13/21 12:32 p.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

The reality:

When you see the new Bronco on the street, it's just so obviously a plain-jane unibody CUV like everything else.  It's like calling a Compass a Jeep.  It ain't.  It's a Fiat 500x

To be fair that's the Bronco Sport.  They build that on the same platform as the Escape.   The actual Bronco's are larger and closer to the concept.

Edited for picture of the current Bronco:

See the source image

mechanicalmeanderings
mechanicalmeanderings New Reader
12/13/21 12:33 p.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

The picture you showed is the sport, the escape based model.

the regular bronco is available in a 2 door and 4 door and is much closer to the prototype they showed .

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/13/21 8:31 p.m.

Ok... I'm picking up what you're putting down.

I thought the "sport" was just an option package.

APEowner
APEowner SuperDork
12/13/21 10:18 p.m.

I saw a regular Bronco in the wild yesterday.  I like it in person even more than on line.  If I had any use for one at all I'd be putting in my order for one.

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/14/21 8:39 a.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

The reality:

It's already been pointed out you were trying to compare apples to kumquats as you showed the Bronco Sport, but they also never teased you with that.  That Bronco Concept was from 2004.  The idea of reintroducing the Bronco was revived and killed off at least a half dozen times between that and the actual decision to build a new Bronco.

And for those dissing the Bronco Sport as just a jazzed up Escape, yes they share the same basic platform, but the Bronco Sport can go head to head and beat the 'trail rated' Jeep Cherokee in hill climb and decent on slippery surfaces.  It was important to make sure the Bronco Sport was more than just a pretty face, it can perform very well off road too.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
12/14/21 9:04 a.m.
APEowner said:

I'd be putting in my order for one.

I've had my hundie deposit down for 6 months now.  The dealer sent me all of 2 emails.  I still don't know when I can place my order.  The process so far has been lame.  

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/14/21 11:27 a.m.

My better half would LOVE one. We just can't figure out how to justify a $50k vehicle.

tremm
tremm Reader
5/17/23 9:43 p.m.

Is this the most recent Bronco thread?

I walked past a white one in a parking lot today, shiny pearly white. The color of the doors was noticeably different than the fenders. Like they had added a few drops of pink or purple. I wasn't sure if that was intentional, accident respray, or build quality. 

I guess the Rivian, Maverick, and even Santa Cruz are holding all the attention?

8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U5Q3vSGaYjlNWcFmsmfjjMOsr9oumrnCsR9weYHPLYFD0TraNtNQzv8UN42PCFom